PDA

View Full Version : How do you counter a stun?

Wile E Coyoteee
11-19-2010, 07:47 AM
After playing all night, I'd been punched in the face 3 times, meaning they stunned me from the front, and there was no indicator there telling me what to hit or what to do to counter the stun and kill them anyway.. Yet if I don't smoke bomb or firecracker a guy before stunning him, he reverses it 100% of the time on me.

Just wondering how to do it! I understand getting bombed or crackered or over-shooting my target and getting stunned in the back. Just don't know how to stop the ones from the front!

Wile E Coyoteee
11-19-2010, 10:49 AM
I normally never bump, but, bump.. I've waited 7 hours for any kind of insight or answer lol.

Gryphion
11-19-2010, 11:40 AM
Smashing your attack button (square on PS3) usually helps. If you pressed it after your target tried to stun you, you should counterstun and kill them.

hayoye111
11-19-2010, 03:27 PM
I have the same problem. I haven't been able to counter a stun once, but I was killed more then once by people who were somehow able to counter my stuns.

kaikai85
11-19-2010, 05:48 PM
never seen anyone counter an assassin kill.
the only time ive stunned was with smoke bombs,
and if you "miss" with your assassinate, then in my opinion, you need to work on your attack more.

stun is the reward for either you playing smart and beating your assassin when they have a much more effective attack, or to punish players who don't think before they rush in and get stunned.

the stunner has a much harder time of beating the assassin,
and i hope to god there is no "counter" to a stun, since it's already heavily skewed in the assassins favor as it is.
and i'm personally fine with that.

edit: the only time i can think of where i have seen something "look" like a counter to a stun, is when the stunner attacks an assassin head on, and the assassin does a kill while the stun animation is going off, since assassinate animations are faster, i've just assumed its a simple case of speed, rather than a "counter".

unless you catch your assassin off guard somehow, don't bother to use stun.
they will (and should) beat you if you both hit your buttons around the same time.

soulutions: smoke bomb them, attack them from the back, morph or disguise to confuse them.
or, just run around a corner and wait: as soon as they pop round, stun them.
if your assassin is prepared for a fight, they will beat you.
fight smart, this is a battle of wits when the prey can beat the predator, and you will die if you use the same tactics as you might use to take down your assassin target.

hayoye111
11-20-2010, 12:08 AM
There are rare times when I've seen someone actually dodge an assassination, but that only happens when the target deploys a smoke bomb right before the kill animation. What I'm curious about is how to counter a stun. I've been stunned so many times right after losing a contract (in Manhunt), on the other hand even if an attacker loses his contract, sometime they are able to counter my stun anyways.

duTiFul
11-20-2010, 06:01 AM
I've seen it happen a few times where I've gone to stun someone from behind and they've countered it, by flipping me over their shoulder and stabbing me in the throat.

Yeah I cussed a little when that happened.

stupid counter.

Xkorpio_769
11-20-2010, 06:42 AM
Hey I have played with you before Wile E Coyotee, on XBox. And yeah, it happened to me sometimes before. I was gonna stun this guy, I almost punches him, and he grabbed me, then stabbed. This is the most epic counter stun ever - I used a SMOKE BOMB. Went behind my pursuer, pressed B, at the same time, the SMOKE cleared, then I was about to hit his head from the back, when he grabbed both my arms behind him, and threw me from the back to front! It was some kind of Karate move. But there are some possibilities as to why some people press the stun button when there's this B appears above the pursuers head. It is because either you or your pursuer is lagging, that's why what may seem to be now, is actually he's already pressed X before you pressed B. But it's quite crappy, counter stun and all. Then, there's like no possible way to survive except by running. But Ubisoft has actually said that this stun thingy, is not efficient and tells us not to rely on it.

TheXenon
11-20-2010, 09:21 AM
Remember to not be locked on anyone or anything when being stunned, I've done that and spammed square (PS3) and couldn't do a damn thing to the guy stunning me.

Wile E Coyoteee
11-20-2010, 10:40 AM
Ah that's a good tip ^^^ I didn't think about that either!

From what I gather by now, there is no "counter-stun", I think it's just if he hits stun about the same time you hit your kill button, you get the kill. I have a feeling even if you hit it a split second after he hits B they still give it to you. You have to be caught pretty damn offguard to not get em I think.