PDA

View Full Version : Prop pitch woes

POOTEEWEET
05-11-2006, 05:03 AM
Thanks for taking time out to read this plea for help.

Here's my problem.

For just under two years, I had prop pitch increase/decrease mapped to one of the rotaries on an x45. Inevitably the stick started to lose its functionality and I used a recent unplanned reboot (Lordie, the information that was lost! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif)as an excuse to unplug the x45 and order a brand spanking new x52.

Whilst waiting for the '52 to arrive I've plugged in an old Logitech Wingman Force I had knocking around.

Point is, now I can't get any response at all from any function related to prop pitch - no increase, no decrease and no automatic toggle. It's the same for keyboard maps as joystick maps.

I'm lead to believe that the Wingman Force is getting a bit long in the tooth now but...

1. How concerned should I be that I can't access pitch via the keyboard?

2. Will the x 52 software be influenced by the same problem, assuming that a problem exists?

It's more than likely that I'm missing something obvious and if anybody can help me here...oh! the joy.

Whatever y'all, a big thanks for just being there.

POOTEEWEET
05-11-2006, 05:03 AM
Thanks for taking time out to read this plea for help.

Here's my problem.

For just under two years, I had prop pitch increase/decrease mapped to one of the rotaries on an x45. Inevitably the stick started to lose its functionality and I used a recent unplanned reboot (Lordie, the information that was lost! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif)as an excuse to unplug the x45 and order a brand spanking new x52.

Whilst waiting for the '52 to arrive I've plugged in an old Logitech Wingman Force I had knocking around.

Point is, now I can't get any response at all from any function related to prop pitch - no increase, no decrease and no automatic toggle. It's the same for keyboard maps as joystick maps.

I'm lead to believe that the Wingman Force is getting a bit long in the tooth now but...

1. How concerned should I be that I can't access pitch via the keyboard?

2. Will the x 52 software be influenced by the same problem, assuming that a problem exists?

It's more than likely that I'm missing something obvious and if anybody can help me here...oh! the joy.

Whatever y'all, a big thanks for just being there.

dazza9806482
05-11-2006, 09:51 AM
Hello mate

It sounds like you still have the rotary assigned in the HOTAS section of the control.

Go to controls in the main menu and make sure prop pitch isnt assigned to a rotary, or your old x45 conf.

dazza9806482
05-11-2006, 09:52 AM
Also try reseting your controls to default to clear out any gremlins

there may also be some corrupt code in one of your configuration files. If the earlier advice doesnt work post back

POOTEEWEET
05-11-2006, 10:24 PM
Dazza, thank you for the responses. I know now where the problem is and I'm much better equipped to deal with it, thanks to you. You know, in all the time I've had this game, it's never occurred to me to open that User file.

Storm of War screenshots. My bad. Your very much appreciated helpfulness.

Thanks again Dazza.