PDA

View Full Version : FUTURE OF IL2 AND AL OTHER FLIGHT COMABAT SIMULATORS

italguy2k
01-22-2006, 07:58 AM
First of all I like to say Hello everyone, I€m New to this place, so please forgive me if I sound repetitive. I am an avid IL2-Lomac player..(Best SIMS in the world) I shy away from the MS FS because concentrates too much on realism and not enough on game play. Anyway I€m worried because all these frivolous law suits coming out and the lag in new development of new flight Sims and add-ons. Does anybody know what prospects there are for the IL2-lomac future?

italguy2k
01-22-2006, 07:58 AM
First of all I like to say Hello everyone, I€m New to this place, so please forgive me if I sound repetitive. I am an avid IL2-Lomac player..(Best SIMS in the world) I shy away from the MS FS because concentrates too much on realism and not enough on game play. Anyway I€m worried because all these frivolous law suits coming out and the lag in new development of new flight Sims and add-ons. Does anybody know what prospects there are for the IL2-lomac future?

jds1978
01-22-2006, 08:10 AM
Il2's future is Battle of Britain (BoB)

it's Oleg's next generation flight sim....patch up to 4.02 and you are flying the beta FM for BoB.

any remaining stuff to be added to FB/PF is being done by 3rd party developers. We have been told to expect at least one more aircraft add-on (free to DL) and there are several new maps in the works

major_setback
01-22-2006, 09:17 AM
Welcome to the site!

jamesdietz
01-22-2006, 11:14 AM
Future...Hmm.. how about a fully equipped Fiberglass full size working copy of a Messerschmitt cockpit with 270degree viewing screens all around ...( Ok you can have your Spitfire too) but I tell you i'd settle for the new FB patch due out "anyday now" since last August....flyable Ju-88 & Mosquito...must have soon....mmmmmmmmmmm

guderian_ente
01-25-2006, 07:00 AM
Edit: See my post below

Chuck_Older
01-25-2006, 09:56 AM

Dunkelgrun
01-25-2006, 10:12 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by italguy2k:
I shy away from the MS FS because concentrates too much on realism and not enough on game play. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought most folk hated MSFS because it wasn't realistic? Nearly everyone that posts here wants realism down to the nth degree.

That said, IL-2 etc can be customised just how you like it. Welcome to the boards.

Cheers!

steve_v
01-25-2006, 01:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by italguy2k:
Does anybody know what prospects there are for the IL2-lomac future? </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Short news before official anounces, Oleg_Maddox (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/63110913/m/5421027204)

ddsflyer
01-25-2006, 02:38 PM

Bearcat99
01-25-2006, 03:21 PM
First of all I like to say Hello everyone, I€m New to this place, so please forgive me if I sound repetitive. I am an avid IL2-Lomac player..(Best SIMS in the world) I shy away from the MS FS because concentrates too much on realism and not enough on game play. Anyway I€m worried because all these frivolous law suits coming out and the lag in new development of new flight Sims and add-ons. Does anybody know what prospects there are for the IL2-lomac future? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

AFAIK the future is bright. Keep in mind that most people I know who fly MSFS love it and since MSFS is a comercial flight sim, not a comabt sim they are two different things... it is MSCFS that is the porker... and that is out of the box... if you have the time and energy to download all the 3rd party things that make it a tolerable sim it may float your boat.... for though.. for WWII action... theres no place like home.....

WTE_Ibis
01-25-2006, 03:23 PM

Skycat_2
01-25-2006, 03:24 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dunkelgrun:
I shy away from the MS FS because concentrates too much on realism and not enough on game play. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I thought most folk hated MSFS because it wasn't realistic? Nearly everyone that posts here wants realism down to the nth degree.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
How about instead we say that MSFS focuses more on procedure? That is really what the sim is designed around. However, you can customize MSFS to be just as easy to 'fly' as FB/PF ... you can even bring up GPS screens in-game to help you navigate to your next destination.

BaldieJr
01-25-2006, 03:30 PM
flight sims are boring really. its the same thing over and over.

if developers ever wise up and add good power-ups and a capture-the-flag mode more people will like flight sims.

Chuck_Older
01-25-2006, 04:22 PM
ddsflyer and WTE_Ibis-
I invite both of you to contact me via PM to discuss this, and I'll tell you what is in my (professional!) opinion going on here. And I am, by the way, *very* likely right

I will not discuss this here further becuase the issue is still unresolved legally; this is why threads concerning this issue are locked- the mods are under orders to do so

If both of you really want to get insight to the issue, PM me.

Edit: See my post below, Tully

LStarosta
01-25-2006, 04:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BaldieJr:

if developers ever wise up and add good power-ups and a capture-the-flag mode more people will like flight sims. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Crimson Skies?

ForkTailedDevil
01-25-2006, 04:24 PM

Chuck_Older
01-25-2006, 04:27 PM
Buick built many Hellcats

But they were M18 Tank Destroyers http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Dunkelgrun
01-25-2006, 04:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Skycat_2:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dunkelgrun:
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
How about instead we say that MSFS focuses more on procedure? That is really what the sim is designed around. However, you can customize MSFS to be just as easy to 'fly' as FB/PF ... you can even bring up GPS screens in-game to help you navigate to your next destination. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_redface.gif Ooops. I thought that he meant the MS Combat Flight Sim. I like FS9 a lot - I'm looking forward to the better landscape shown in the screenshots for FS10.

Cheers!

Enforcer572005
01-25-2006, 05:02 PM
regarding the navy claims to recovered AC...they are unique in that approach, the ohter services recognizing the salvage laws, or just not caring i guess. there has been some legal issues over this,and i THINK the navy has lost most of them, but i forget the details. the navy museum is behind some of that i think. they claim them, but wait till some1 has recovered them to say anything. i used to be in the warbird movement and a member of 2 seperate small museums and this was an issue at times, but again, that may be moot at this point. The navy actually sent the FBI to one guys house, and the agents thought they were gonna find a stolen F-14 or something. they were kinda put out when it turned out to be an SBD he pulled outa the great lakes.

Edit: See my post below, Tully

Tully__
01-25-2006, 06:34 PM
...because all these frivolous law suits coming out... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>As I understand it, they're not frivolous. If the companies involved fail to protect their trademarks, they lose the right to do so in future for really serious breaches. Ubisoft management have asked that further discussion of that aspect of game's development not be conducted in these forums.

As for the future of IL2 series, as jds1978 has about covered it. Development of this series is pretty much limited to those 3rd party contributions that 1C:Maddox choose to incorporate in future addon/patch releases. There is an announcement in Oleg's Ready Room (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=corfrm&cf=63110913) concerning the next planned release.

The in house development team are now working almost exclusively on the next generation series which will use a new core game engine developed from scratch. This development has been in progress for around 2 years now and is looking like late this year or early next year release for the first title, current working title is Battle of Britain.

Chuck_Older
01-25-2006, 07:02 PM
Thanks, Tully http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

wayno7777
01-25-2006, 07:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BaldieJr:

if developers ever wise up and add good power-ups and a capture-the-flag mode more people will like flight sims. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Baldie, they have, it's called Plane Crazy and it is.... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

ForkTailedDevil
01-25-2006, 08:24 PM
Why did my message get deleted??

Tully__
01-25-2006, 09:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ForkTailedDevil:
Why did my message get deleted?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Because Ubisoft management have asked us not to allow discussion of those issues in the forums. See my post at the bottom of the last page.