PDA

View Full Version : Torpedo Planes Please!!!!

jdlnorcal
12-31-2004, 01:02 PM
We really need them to fly for either side in Midway, or Pearl Harbor, Why were they left out for the most part? Can we look forward to some in the future? I for one would be glad to pay for them. There's nothing like lining up for that torp run through all the aaa and making the perfect shot. No?

Zeus-cat
12-31-2004, 03:18 PM
I think everyone is scratching their headss over this one. No flyable carrier-based torpedo bombers in a Pacific flight sim? Hmmm, very odd. Well, supposedly the Devastator for the US is coming soon. I assume it will be flyable.

I developed a torpedo bomber campaign for the IL-2T. It works best using Aces without a merged install of PF. Here is my little advert for it. You can download it from here: http://www.airwarfare.com/Sims/FB/fb_campaigns.htm

Straight and True (AEP)
A torpedo bomber campaign featuring the IL-2T in 30 action-packed missions.

You need IL-2 Forgotten Battles patched to v2.04 to play this campaign.

Attack a wide variety of targets: freighters, barges, dams, submarines, torpedo boats, destroyers, cruisers, battleships and even the mighty Tirpitz.

What kind of missions will you fly?
- Lead a squadron into several German harbors to sink convoys carrying munitions and supplies.
- Search the open seas for marauding destroyers and cruisers intent on sinking our convoys.
- Attack the submarine pens at Dzhankoy
- Fly a daring solo midnight mission to destroy a German dam vital to the Nazi war effort.
- Fly through the early morning fog to sink a damaged U-boat and the milch kuh (milk cow) sent to repair her.
- Follow an oil slick for 20 kilometers to find a crippled battleship and finish her off.
- Take three of your best pilots and fly up a river to sink the barges the Germans are using to rescue their trapped armor and vehicles.
- Fly through a thunderstorm to locate the remnants of a convoy blown on the rocks and destroy it before the Germans can unload the damaged ships.

Use detailed recon photos to aid you in attacking eleven of your targets.

5 readme files with tips on torpedo bombing, commanding AI planes, designer's notes and torpedo damage reports on all ships in Forgotten Battles v2.04

All this and more in Zeus-cat's IL-2T campaign - Straight and True Download 4839kb

Zeus-cat

cwojackson
12-31-2004, 11:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Zeus-cat:
No flyable carrier-based torpedo bombers in a Pacific flight sim?

Zeus-cat <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is probably the last game I buy from these folks for a while. I tried Lock-On but the variety of planes, particularly for NATO, was extremely restricted.

I bought AEP hoping to play a European Campaign (offline) and found out the only way to play the campaign was to buy yet ANOTHER addon.

Now Pacific Fighters. Foolish me, I bought it when it hit the store shelf and believe what the box said. So I bought an incomplete and unfinished product (strange how it didn't mention that on the box), that excludes some of the most important and prolific aircraft in the Pacific theater, and will updated (somewhat, possibly, maybe) in two weeks, two weeks, two weeks, two weeks, two weeks...

F4U_Flyer
01-01-2005, 12:24 AM
Thats three weeks!

fordfan25
01-01-2005, 12:39 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by F4U_Flyer:
Thats three weeks! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol

fordfan25
01-01-2005, 12:44 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cwojackson:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Zeus-cat:

This is probably the last game I buy from these folks for a while. I tried Lock-On but the variety of planes, particularly for NATO, was extremely restricted.

I bought AEP hoping to play a European Campaign (offline) and found out the only way to play the campaign was to buy yet ANOTHER addon.

Now Pacific Fighters. Foolish me, I bought it when it hit the store shelf and believe what the box said. So I bought an incomplete and unfinished product (strange how it didn't mention that on the box), that excludes some of the most important and prolific aircraft in the Pacific theater, and will updated (somewhat, possibly, maybe) in two weeks, two weeks, two weeks, two weeks, two weeks... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

yea i was a little disapointed with the product's content over all but its still a good game and hopefully 1c will give it the suport that FB recieved over the last 2 years.missing torp planes was a let down and the Dcampaigns need some tweaking but its geting better. and i hear ya on lock on. i played the demo and that did it for me. to much stuff to map out and learn. pluse no f18 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif but a10 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif good graphics http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif but high pc demands http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif happy http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif said http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif im realy drunk right now http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif im realy.... um what was i talking about http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif o yea happy new year guys http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif . YEEEEEHAW I AM KING OF THE WORLD

matkal80
01-01-2005, 01:07 AM
There will never be Northtop Grumann TBF Avenger in this game flayable.

Also Devastator ,Kate and Tenzan will only be AI.

Charlie901
01-01-2005, 02:07 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cwojackson:

Now Pacific Fighters. Foolish me, I bought it when it hit the store shelf and believe what the box said. So I bought an incomplete and unfinished product (strange how it didn't mention that on the box), that excludes some of the most important and prolific aircraft in the Pacific theater, and will updated (somewhat, possibly, maybe) in two weeks, two weeks, two weeks, two weeks, two weeks... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Couldn't have said it better myself!!!!!!!!!

sapre
01-01-2005, 02:23 AM

???
Where did it say on PF box "flyable torp bomber included"?
And olso why didn't you just donwload some user-made campaign rather then buying BoE?

DuxCorvan
01-01-2005, 05:18 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sapre:
Where did it say on PF box "flyable torp bomber included"? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where it reads: "...relive the famous Pacific battles..."? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Yes, it's a pity they're not in the game, and offline gameplay experience has got worse and worse since FB, due to the lack of single missions and the limited nature of campaigns -which don't make use of all the resources available in the game.

If you want good missions, you have to make them yourself, and that's not good for the new gamer nor satisfactory for the offline public. Such as it is now, FB/AEP/PF looks more a -magnificent- tool to make a sim, than a sim itself. I mean, there are lots of resources there, but no missions and campaigns that make full use of them. Also, since information is limited and it is scattered in docs here and there and in 'readme' files, things like V1s, Mistels, SPB, etc, remain a mystery for most of users, who simply don't find them in missions, and do not know how to use them unless they do a full research.

Despite this, you can really enjoy PF, with all its incredible potential, but you have to invest huge amounts of time and patience: only that teen buyers have no patience, and mature family men with full-time jobs have no time.

That's, IMHO, the main FB/AEP/PF shortcoming: they have done an impressive work with game elements: planes, maps, objects, FMs, DMs, etc... but they forgot to integer them in a well-designed set of missions and comprehensive dynamical campaigns. Do you imagine, for example, 'Warcraft III' released with just a pair of half-baked missions and a mision editor?

So, the game gets boring for the occasional player, and tiring for the devote who tries to make all by himself, or enjoy other devotes' work.

As for the flyable carrier-based torpedo planes, they're so essential to a wide-range PTO sim, that their absence must have been caused by very serious reasons. So, I just wait and hope -but as Matkal80, I feel skeptic.

And, Zeus-cat, no, Devastator won't be flyable, at least in a nearby future. I would be even glad if it was finally in game as AI: its development -as far as I know- has been troublesome.

SeminoleX
01-01-2005, 04:03 PM
Another one:

http://www.johngreavesart.com/sb2u.htm

Snootles
01-01-2005, 06:44 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>There will never be Northtop Grumann TBF Avenger in this game flayable.

Also Devastator ,Kate and Tenzan will only be AI. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

On whose authority do you speak? I'm not gonna believe you...

VF51_Flatspin
01-01-2005, 08:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Snootles:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>There will never be Northtop Grumann TBF Avenger in this game flayable.

Also Devastator ,Kate and Tenzan will only be AI. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

On whose authority do you speak? I'm not gonna believe you... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, considering that there are now trademark issues thanks to corporate weasels it is unlikely that we'll see anything for awhile, but I am hoping for the best. I mean seriously, how much $$ can they hope for by targeting a niche sim market for using a virtual airframe that hasn't been in production for oh...60 years? Might as well go after painters too.

jdlnorcal
01-01-2005, 08:42 PM
So again I ask WHY are they not going to be flying in the future??? is there something that some of us are in the dark about? if so how about some enlightenment from those of you who seem to know the sb.
If this has something to do with copywrite, I think over 60 years have now passed and who is going to sue over using a piece of history. and then you have the JAF planes, I'm sure they have no rights to their designs after loosing the War for gods sake!!!
So please give with the details as to why these important planes were left out of the orginal PACIFIC THEATER SIM/

MiszaNC
01-01-2005, 09:37 PM
Well, this is the best sim for carriers ops so far. I play it and I have a lot of fun, thanks to Oleg to all of you guys. I realize about numerous MIA flyable planes and other issues. Nevertheless it is the best we can have at that point. However if somebody make new sim with carriers (like M$) and it will be better, thanks God! I am gonna buy it! I hope there will bo more than one company working on PT and acrriers ops sim. Competition, competition that is our only hope not "yet another week or three".

Smidlee
01-01-2005, 09:48 PM
Let's hope Silent Hunter 3 has torpedos. Yet again it's not in the PTO either. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

CPS_Shadow
01-01-2005, 10:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jdlnorcal:
So again I ask WHY are they not going to be flying in the future??? is there something that some of us are in the dark about? if so how about some enlightenment from those of you who seem to know the sb.

If this has something to do with copywrite, I think over 60 years have now passed and who is going to sue over using a piece of history. and then you have the JAF planes, I'm sure they have no rights to their designs after loosing the War for gods sake!!!
So please give with the details as to why these important planes were left out of the orginal PACIFIC THEATER SIM/ <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

"It seems that Northrop/Grumman company demanded an extremely high fee for the use of the aircraft and ships that their current family of acquired companies (Northrop, Grumman, Republic, Vought, etc...) manufactured during WWII."

http://www.igda.org/Forums/showthread.php?s=526c07027f6b2a492680753e8011dcac&threadid=13370

It was discussed at length in these forums earlier in December. Some negotiations may still be in progress. So we have been asked to leave the subject alone for now.

And I agree it is rediculous, but so is the ammount of money needed to fight a legal battle with a large corporation.

JAF planes should be no problem.

GoToAway
01-01-2005, 10:25 PM
This is probably the last game I buy from these folks for a while. I tried Lock-On but the variety of planes, particularly for NATO, was extremely restricted. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Err... LOMAC was made by Eagle Dynamics. 1C had about as much to do with it as they had to do with Warcraft.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I bought AEP hoping to play a European Campaign (offline) and found out the only way to play the campaign was to buy yet ANOTHER addon. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Several points:

1: Where did ANYTHING say that AEP would have ETO campaigns available? You're upset at 1C because you didn't bother to check to see what the product contained before you bought it?

2: There are about a million free ETO missions and campaigns. IL2DCG is free and will generated ETO camapaigns to your heart's content.

3: Once again, 1C had nothing to do with Battle Over Europe. That was a third party addon.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Now Pacific Fighters. Foolish me, I bought it when it hit the store shelf and believe what the box said. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Nowhere on the box did it say anything about Torpedo bombers. The only "false" claim was that of a flyable G4M.

jdlnorcal
01-01-2005, 11:10 PM
I just popped over to the wallpaper section and what do I find but a beautiful wallpaper of a Devestater dropping a torpedo against a Jap flat top. That's the plane I want, just upload it please!!!!

matkal80
01-02-2005, 01:20 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jdlnorcal:
and then you have the JAF planes, I'm sure they have no rights to their designs after loosing the War for gods sake!!!
/ <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Man you're so stupid. I wonder what county makes idiots like you? Let me guess, USA? LOL

matkal80
01-02-2005, 01:28 AM
I just popped over to the wallpaper section and what do I find but a beautiful wallpaper of a Devestater dropping a torpedo against a Jap flat top. That's the plane I want, just upload it please!!!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL you cant even distinguish Devastator from Avenger which is already in the game. And you want more torp planes LOL

CPS_Shadow
01-02-2005, 02:06 AM
Boy that went south fast...

The J word is not allowed here too many find it offensive, and I don't think bashing the US just for the fun of it is looked on kindly either.

IBTL http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/354.gif

sapre
01-02-2005, 03:15 AM
So please give with the details as to why these important planes were left out of the orginal PACIFIC THEATER SIM/ <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Actually many of the Japanese companys that made the WW2 airplanes still exist at large.
Mitsubishi and Kawasaki for example.
Mistubishi even now makes jet planes and tanks for JSDF.

JG51Beolke
01-02-2005, 09:49 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by matkal80:
and then you have the JAF planes, I'm sure they have no rights to their designs after loosing the War for gods sake!!!
/ <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Man you're so stupid. I wonder what county makes idiots like you? Let me guess, USA? LOL <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not appreciated, at all..............

cwojackson
01-02-2005, 12:47 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by GoToAway:

1: Where did _ANYTHING_ say that AEP would have ETO campaigns available? You're upset at 1C because you didn't bother to check to see what the product contained before you bought it?

No, I'm upset at 1C for producing a premium priced addon that doesn't actually intergrate itself into the game.

2: There are about a million free ETO missions and campaigns. IL2DCG is free and will generated ETO camapaigns to your heart's content.

When I pay a premium price for a product that is advertised as an addon I do not expect to have to spend my time actually making it an addon and not just a collection of aircraft not incorporated into the original game.

3: Once again, 1C had nothing to do with Battle Over Europe. That was a third party addon.

Obviously...it picks up the ball 1C dropped.

Nowhere on the box did it say anything about Torpedo bombers. The only "false" claim was that of a flyable G4M.

Yes, how foolish of anyone to expect a game about the Pacific Air War to include some of the most important elements. As for the only thing being "false", hardly, the box also fails to mention that the game is not complete and that I must wait for 1C to get around to finishing the product. No problem, that will be in two weeks, two weeks, two weeks, two weeks...

jdlnorcal
01-02-2005, 04:30 PM
Let me get this straight... I'm so stupid????
I point out that the very plane we are talking about is now available in wallpaper, and I'm so stupid?
What country am I from? How about the country that built all those planes moron!!!
If you can't understand the question here, ie, why is there a question about Devestators, when we already have Corsairs, which was made by Voight ( another company claiming copywrite fees) I'm sorry if this is too boring for you but as someone who has bought every sim and add on put out by Maddox I would just like to have a full ww2 Pacific experience when playing them.
and btw yeah I'm from that same stupid country that WON that war, if you recall. In fact my father left a lot of himself on Guadalcanal, to do it.

DuxCorvan
01-02-2005, 05:09 PM
Yes, you're right: Matkal has been rude and has no right to insult anyone.

But, notice that the plane in that wallpaper is a Grumman/GM TBF/TBM Avenger, not a Douglas TBD Devastator.

Besides, most of the Japanese companies that built WW2 combat planes -Mitsubishi, Kawasaki- are still completely active, tho I don't know the actual status of their licenses and patents.

CKY_86
01-02-2005, 05:25 PM
as a few people have said many japenese companys are still active
mitsubishi
kawasaki
kawasaki even make diseses, i even had it TWICE lol

jdlnorcal
01-03-2005, 11:34 AM
Ok so I mispoke, it was an Avenger, but it is dropping a torpedo, WHY can't it be put into the sim doing the same thing? The fact that it is in the wallpaper seems that there is no lience problem any longer.

Loki-PF
01-03-2005, 11:44 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CKY_86:
as a few people have said many japenese companys are still active
mitsubishi
kawasaki
kawasaki even make diseses, i even had it TWICE lol <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No dood, thats "sourkaki" that you had.... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

HOTMUD
01-03-2005, 12:32 PM
hes probably from the same ignorant,non spelling country as you,punk.this series is flawed,and it keeps getting worse.In my opinion it dos'ent matter to me who made the game.UBI puts thier name on it.the lack of single missions,the lack of torpedo aircraft(and many more) are appauling.Lock-on was a very big dissapointment.This IS the last game i buy from these guys in the flight genre.Even CFS3 has some advantages over this series.When MS can make a game that rivals IL-2 its time to pour on the steam,and make something incredible,YET this series has continually gotten worse and i have suckered myself into buying every game and expansion pack for it.No more,this series has been riding the coat tails of IL-2 for years now,and im not impressed with the latest releases.