PDA

View Full Version : Sounduse=0 in config.ini with Linux

BTR1965
11-10-2009, 06:30 AM
Greetings all,

I haven't been on this forum since before PF was released. I used to fly with the CDN 401st with
with the callsign RAT.

Now, I'm running '46 on my Linux box and brushing up on my (very) rusty flying skills.

I had an issue with sound (there wasn't any) until I read the winehq posting on IL2.
The fix (in case anyone else out there has the same problem) was to go into config.ini and
set SoundUse=1. I noticed that in the Sound control panel, the toggle switch graphics had been
"locked out" with a red band when SoundUse is set to 0.

I noticed that for some reason using the ALSA sound driver re-sets SoundUse from 1 to 0 when
the game starts it seems. I had tried a number of settings in Wineconfig with the ALSA
driver, and some of the combinations must re-set SoundUse to 0 (thus shutting off the sound).

Using the OSS driver alleivated the problem.

I'm also having an issue with the throttle on my Logitech Wingman 3D joystick. It only ranges
between 31% and 93% power. In order to get other power settings, I have to use the keyboard.
I've calibrated the joystick a number of times using the Ubuntu jscallibrator (the Logitech
utility gives me the same error that I got under Windoze...it wouldn't install because of a
"previous" installation of the logitech utility which didn't exist.

Is this something that can be fixed with config.ini?

Cheers!

.btr

BillSwagger
11-10-2009, 08:43 AM
Have you tried unplugging the stick, wait a few seconds, and then plug it back in?

Then recalibrate it.
Is the calibration utility showing full range of use from the axis in question?

BTR1965
11-16-2009, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by BillSwagger:
Have you tried unplugging the stick, wait a few seconds, and then plug it back in?

Then recalibrate it.
Is the calibration utility showing full range of use from the axis in question?

Thanks for the suggestions. Yes, tried it (albeit only once) with no better results. Also, yes, the calibration utility does show the full range of use.

Any further suggestions?

Cheers!

.btr