PDA

View Full Version : The auto aim in this game...

PaNtHeRRR...
10-01-2005, 11:38 AM
Really sucks, it makes me miss alot of shots. When I am trying to shoot moving people it makes my look speed goes extremely slow and I just can't hit the person. They need to take it off or tone it down or something. Anyone feel the same way?

Project_Satan
10-01-2005, 11:48 AM
yeah i definatly agree, i've had many firefights where i was shooting one guy and then 3 or 4 of his guys run in on me and my crosshairs will pull real quick to someone else and make it hard to pull back to the other guy i was originally shooting...it should really be toned down.

MasterQuief
10-01-2005, 03:59 PM
Yeh i totally agree. I want this game to be about skill, i know ya need some auto-aim but there is to much.

Redpatterson
10-02-2005, 05:35 AM
Agreed, I want autoaim gone/toggleable, just give me an accurate gun is all I ask.

Merlin53
10-02-2005, 07:33 AM
Personally, I don't use the Auto-Aim mode, as I find it a little off-putting to have the sights snap one way, then the other, or lock onto a traget by its self.

But have found the white/red rectile is a little off the mark most of the time. It will go red well before the target, through the target, and well past the target. So if you're looking at getting a shot off through the follage while you're hidding out in the scrub, you do need to have some visual on the target beforhand.

Other than that, it's not too bad. I've never really liked the Auto-Aim, where it snaps onto a traget and then to the next one etc. Just isn't natural. A normal gun/rifle etc just doesn't do that, so it makes it seem a little arcade like for my liking.

The Silenced Sniper Rifle is sweet though, get a good vantage point, and you can clear out an area before going in on foot through the scrub. And the 7X zoom is not bad either.

And everyone to their own naturally.

reeferkills
10-03-2005, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by Merlin53:
Personally, I don't use the Auto-Aim mode...
How do you not use auto-aim?

Phaeling
10-03-2005, 12:32 AM
yeah how do you NOT use it? theres no way to turn it off, unless its very well hidden?

Merlin53
10-03-2005, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by nielc:
yeah how do you NOT use it? theres no way to turn it off, unless its very well hidden?

Well to be honest, I just don't know. SO here's some background, and you guys tell me if it's Auto-Aim or not.

<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>I've got a PAL region 4 version in Australia.

<LI>I get a round white rectile on screen and when it finds a target, it turns red.

<LI>It doesn't snap to the target at all, it simply passes straight over them without changing to any crosshairs etc. It just stays red circle . .

<LI>If I move it off the target, it just moves as I move it. If I fix it in the path of a target and when they walk through it, it just stay there an dturns red, then white as they walk past.

<LI>I just spent several hours on it and NEVER had one occassion where it snapped to the target etc.[/list]

So what gives guys. ??? as it just seems to not work for me . .or am I just noticing it.

DanceLikeADino
10-03-2005, 03:47 AM
yea i dont like the auto-aim... if someones in your red cross hair, the bullets just go straight to him... its to easy... you have to think, they try to make the game realistic, with the turrets being very inaccurate, with bullets flying everywhere... but as soon as you aim it at someone, ALL the bullets just go straight for him, so its like... whats the point to making it LOOK realistic and inaccurate?... and it makes online and split screen really easy... its just, you aim, and hold down the trigger until someone dies, i REALLY dont like the auto aim... it should either be ALOT better tuned, or not at all... id rather like it so the player will have to actually have skill and aim himself

Merlin53
10-03-2005, 05:24 AM
Originally posted by DanceLikeADino:
yea i dont like the auto-aim... if someones in your red cross hair, the bullets just go straight to him... its to easy... you have to think, they try to make the game realistic, with the turrets being very inaccurate, with bullets flying everywhere... but as soon as you aim it at someone, ALL the bullets just go straight for him, so its like... whats the point to making it LOOK realistic and inaccurate?... and it makes online and split screen really easy... its just, you aim, and hold down the trigger until someone dies, i REALLY dont like the auto aim... it should either be ALOT better tuned, or not at all... id rather like it so the player will have to actually have skill and aim himself

I know we're not, but it seems we're talking about two different games here . . . he he he
As I said, I have NO crosshairs, and it certainly does NOT snap to the target when it goes on them, nor does it line up straight on the target and score a shot straight off the bat. If it's not on the mark with my game, I miss. which is MUCH much better.

SO I have NO IDEA how mine is set up, or why it's like it is, but it is. If anyone has some answers, then please, let me know. I can't explain it any clearer than I have. Other than doing a blow by blow discription etc.

No_one_you_know
10-03-2005, 09:43 AM
My game experience was like Merlin53's, where the aiming circle did not "snap" to targets. Maybe it is part of the AI auto-balance, the better you are, the less auto-aim you get...

I took the auto-aim to be the range of my circle, if it turns red, I can hit my target. I figure it is like that because the analog sticks on the controller can be difficult to "fine tune" to a target. I can see my bullets "auto-aiming" to the target if my circle is red and he's not in the middle but if the head of my target is in the middle of my circle; headshot.

Zooming in seems to disable/hinder the auto-aim

I think the auto-aim works pretty good except the circle turning red makes it too easy to know I can hit a target, even through the bushes when I can't see my target.

In the PC version, the crosshairs only turn red when you shoot and hit your target, not when you just "pass over" them

reeferkills
10-03-2005, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Cool_Breeze_:
My game experience was like Merlin53's, where the aiming circle did not "snap" to targets.
Nah, you two are just confused as people mislabel what happens as auto-aim. This game, like Halo2, has what people call "auto-aim" but it doesn't actually move your aim for you; it would be better referred to as auto-lock-on as when you are aimed at someone the game will try and keep you aim there. This can be seen easly by aiming at a still target and them moving left and right, you will see your view turn slightly to keep your aim on the player.

And then yeah, there is the bullets going towards whatever is in the red circle thing you mention too, but that isn't nearly as distacting as the auto-lock-on "auto-aim" stuff.

okisho38
10-03-2005, 03:58 PM
This may sound stupid, but is there auto-aim in the X-box version?, because I have been working my but off to get long range shots with the sniper rifle! Sometimes it takes two shots. On the PC on Rainbow Six, I Knew i had auto aim thier, but not on this X-Box far cry game!!!!!
And has anybody notice that they kill you faster when you are in an Humvee than in the demo, I was in thier for 15 sec an it exploded, "Oh Well"

Jaybro7
10-03-2005, 04:05 PM
with me, Ive notices what some of you are saying. I will have someone walk in front of me and my reticule will turn red and then "lock on" to that guy for a short distance I mean literally, it will automatically follow the person for a short distance (a couple steps). It does this in Halo also

Merlin53
10-03-2005, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by reeferkills:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cool_Breeze_:
My game experience was like Merlin53's, where the aiming circle did not "snap" to targets.
Nah, you two are just confused as people mislabel what happens as auto-aim. This game, like Halo2, has what people call "auto-aim" but it doesn't actually move your aim for you; it would be better referred to as auto-lock-on as when you are aimed at someone the game will try and keep you aim there. This can be seen easly by aiming at a still target and them moving left and right, you will see your view turn slightly to keep your aim on the player.

And then yeah, there is the bullets going towards whatever is in the red circle thing you mention too, but that isn't nearly as distacting as the auto-lock-on "auto-aim" stuff. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Okay, here's what I get from your post.<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

1) The Auto-Aim in Far Cry is NOT an Auto-Lock style where the rectile is actually "lock onto the target" The one in this game simply turns red giving you an indication that you're on target ?! It actually DOES NOT automatically aim the rectile at the target when moved over it (target)

2) That when you fire at a target, and if the target is not lined up properly within the red rectile, the bullets will zero in on the target, irrespective of where the red redtile is placed over the target.?[/list]

If this is the case, I get it now, but there's no way in gods green earth mine even moves one little bit,and I've had misses even if the target IS in the red rectile. No bullets have zeroed in during the many hours I've been playing yet. Well not to my observations, and I do take my time and observe a great deal during a game. The Snipper Rifle is just that, a Snipper rifle, ie: to shoot an object with great accuracy from a long distance with presision and finesse. You need to be "on the mark" with it, otherwise it's just a turkey shoot. Which is not what a good game is all about.

And Far Cry: Instincts is a bloody good game in my books

TheDemyelinator
10-03-2005, 09:22 PM
merlin... take a friend, go in a room just the 2 of you. aim the reticle so it's not on your opponent at all but still turned red (not point blank range). And shoot some shots. Ask your buddy if his health is going down... it will be. That's auto aim.

The lock-on is also there but not extremely noticeable for someone who is constantly moving their analog. Get a buddy go ina a room and try it. Aim somewhere and have him go accross it, youll see it move some, also go fast over his body with your ret, once it turns red it will slow down a little.

All these are auto-aim features, and almost every console game is gonna have them because it's not easy to hit moving targets without it.

Another test, try having a fire fight with someone on your team see how much harder it is to hit them and kill them.

i would have loved if this game was played with no ret. at all. It's not too useful anyway IMO as you gotta watch your bullets so you can hit the head otherwise you'll die against a better shooter.

Merlin53
10-04-2005, 03:29 AM
Originally posted by TheDemyelinator:
merlin... take a friend, go in a room just the 2 of you. aim the reticle so it's not on your opponent at all but still turned red (not point blank range). And shoot some shots. Ask your buddy if his health is going down... it will be. That's auto aim.

The lock-on is also there but not extremely noticeable for someone who is constantly moving their analog. Get a buddy go ina a room and try it. Aim somewhere and have him go accross it, youll see it move some, also go fast over his body with your ret, once it turns red it will slow down a little.

All these are auto-aim features, and almost every console game is gonna have them because it's not easy to hit moving targets without it.

Another test, try having a fire fight with someone on your team see how much harder it is to hit them and kill them.

i would have loved if this game was played with no ret. at all. It's not too useful anyway IMO as you gotta watch your bullets so you can hit the head otherwise you'll die against a better shooter.

Thanks for the Heads Up on that one mate. I was wondering what the hell I'd been eatingor drinking of late . . scratches head severly . . . http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

Most appreciated for the clear and concise explaination as well mate. Nice to see someone handing out decent information on a forum for a change, rather than having a go at them for not knowing . . .

Again, thanks.

shigawoffle
11-21-2005, 10:09 PM
you can turn it off, auto aim that is, once you have started the game type NotForSissies exactly like that in the cheat menu for it to dissable the auto aim

Murphy2
11-24-2005, 08:05 AM
But I don´t think that works in multiplayer. And if it does, all the players should do it or the game gets unfair. There should be an option when creating the game wether autoaim is forced on or forced off.