PDA

View Full Version : Cfs3 Screenshots and Il2 FB Screenshots

SI90
01-14-2004, 12:23 AM
ok, i was wondering if some people could post some cfs3 and il2 fb screenies sowe could compare them together. thanks
Simon

SI90
01-14-2004, 12:23 AM
ok, i was wondering if some people could post some cfs3 and il2 fb screenies sowe could compare them together. thanks
Simon

eeonel
01-14-2004, 02:17 AM
Screenshots won't give you the whole story. In general FB screenshots will be better - the notable exception being a screenshot of clouds that CFS3 does better.

In so many ways CFS3 is an inferior game to FB. Including gameplay, sensation of flight, damage model and flight models out of the box.

If you are looking to make a choice, make it FB.

Old_Canuck
01-14-2004, 01:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by eeonel:
Screenshots won't give you the whole story. In general FB screenshots will be better - the notable exception being a screenshot of clouds that CFS3 does better.

In so many ways CFS3 is an inferior game to FB. Including gameplay, sensation of flight, damage model and flight models out of the box.

If you are looking to make a choice, make it FB.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
===========================================
Agreed, eeonel. I think the reason for lack of posts on this thread is a lot of us have gotten over the disappointment of CFS3 and we're moving on ....

OC

"You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing."

A.K.Davis
01-14-2004, 02:38 PM
Microsoft does not understand how to make realistic terrain. They seem to think that superimposing photographic images on the terrain is the sure way to make it look realistic. They have held to this for product upon product (always advertising "photo-realistic terrain"), and in some cases (especially still images at altitude) it does have a convincing effect. But when it comes to interacting with the terrain (zipping over it, shooting at it, or just watching the shadows lengthen across it), the effect is totally unconvincing."

--AKD

http://www.flyingpug.com/pugline2.jpg