PDA

View Full Version : Dual mode DF servers...

Bearcat99
10-30-2004, 10:48 PM
Would it be possible to alter the code so that DF servers could be set up one of two ways. Either Free for all .. or for team play. Sort of the way the servers were set up in CFS. I dont particularly care for DF servers unless they are scripted, but then they are a lot like coops. Would it be possible to set up a server so that it could function as a teamplay server complete with a score line? It ddoesnt seem that it would be too hard to do and I think it would greatly enhance the online flexibility of the sim. One of the major turn offs for many , myself included to most DF servers is the lack of team play. With a score up there it would be more of an incentive to play as a team and there would be more team competition. I know you can have scripted servers now that do that but if you could set up a DF server to do something similar with a few extra keystrokes it might prove to be even more interesting. I dont fully understand how to set up a scripted server so what I am thinking of may already be posible, but I thought something close to what I am thinking of (not quite but close) was only possible in dedicated servers.

Bearcat99
10-30-2004, 10:48 PM
Would it be possible to alter the code so that DF servers could be set up one of two ways. Either Free for all .. or for team play. Sort of the way the servers were set up in CFS. I dont particularly care for DF servers unless they are scripted, but then they are a lot like coops. Would it be possible to set up a server so that it could function as a teamplay server complete with a score line? It ddoesnt seem that it would be too hard to do and I think it would greatly enhance the online flexibility of the sim. One of the major turn offs for many , myself included to most DF servers is the lack of team play. With a score up there it would be more of an incentive to play as a team and there would be more team competition. I know you can have scripted servers now that do that but if you could set up a DF server to do something similar with a few extra keystrokes it might prove to be even more interesting. I dont fully understand how to set up a scripted server so what I am thinking of may already be posible, but I thought something close to what I am thinking of (not quite but close) was only possible in dedicated servers.