PDA

View Full Version : Forum Question Answers!

Ubi.Vigil
06-01-2009, 10:20 AM
We thought we'd take some of the questions from the forum and throw in some of our own. Once that was done we sent them over the Techland to get answered! Here's what they said:

Why did you decide to take the interesting approach of doing a prequel rather than a sequel to the original game?

Players familiar with the original gameís ending already know the answer. Call of Juarez has a complete story with a closing, definitive ending and we were happy with that. We realized that we had a very interesting story and great characters with an exciting past. Most of that was already outlined as background for the first CoJ so all it took was to fill in the details. With some familiar characters making an appearance and a host of new ones to stir things up, Bound in Blood is truly an epic western tale more than worthy of its predecessor.

Does the PC version of the game include a dedicated server? If so does it have rcon and a lot of customization options?

Details for the dedicated server for the PC will be released later.

How did you go about choosing the historical settings and events to feature in Wild West Levels maps?

Wild West is in a way a bit like the Caribbean pirates: thereís a world of difference between the historical truth about it and the legends and myths we all love and expect to see. We have chosen to combine the two, recreating the look and feel of the era with extreme attention to detail and then embellished it with a sort of Spaghetti Western flair and pomp.

The events in Wild West Legends are a balance between immersion in the atmospheric setting and just plain fun and multiplayer action. We have real Western fanatics in the office so it took a lot of discussions and several duels at high noon before the actual events for WWL were agreed upon.

Why the decision to focus on a solo single player feature rather than co-op, given the two brothers.

Story is very important in both Call of Juarez games. We didnít want to create a generic FPS where cowboys could be swapped for space marines or navy seals without making a difference. Thus came the decision to focus on the single-player experience and making playing as each of the McCalls a chance to see the story from a slightly different perspective which shifts even more as the rift between brothers grows deeper.

Will the PC version support gamepads, in particular the Xbox 360 pad? If it supports the PC pad, will it show on-screen controls with the right buttons as well as offering rumble and auto-aim?

The development team used Xbox 360 gamepads as controllers for the PC version alongside the classic keyboard and mouse combo too. So both are definitely fully supported. Naturally, rumble is supported and thereís auto-aim functionality as well.

Nevada-Smith
06-01-2009, 01:15 PM
Thanks for the information. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by Ubi.Vigil:

Does the PC version of the game include a dedicated server? If so does it have rcon and a lot of customization options?

Details for the dedicated server for the PC will be released later.
Techland's reticence to answer this question is disturbing.

The lack of a standalone dedicated server executable/tool for the original Call of Juarez severely hampered the multiplayer aspects of the game. Techland illogically required their customers to buy another copy of the game and run "dedicated (no rendering) servers." This decision resulted in very few dedicated servers with decent pings and the gradual decline of the multiplayer community.

I hope Techland does not make this same mistake for Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood.

We need a standalone dedicated server executable/tool (i.e. Valve Software's Half-Life Dedicated Server Tool).

Perseus_AWC
06-02-2009, 09:36 AM
Vigil,
thanks for the info!
Can we get some solid answers to MP? like SADS, no respawn options/modes. Are there working doors? Can I go prone?

thanks

trimi_dogg
06-19-2009, 07:42 AM
There are to many Question & no Answers

1: Demo when ? Server & Server info how to run it and manage it( We would like to run server when the game comes out)
2: MP server what kind of anti cheat ? (this is most important old server you ban a player they change IP Steam got good ban option BAN ID http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif)
2: MP server we need to buy extra game copy to run the server ?
3: MP server supports Linux ?
4: MP server we hope there will be some more options on server settings ? (anti spam - better ban options - Map change /map mapname - option so clients can get the custom maps from server if they don't have them)
5: MP server let's hope map's will not be so big like in old coj each map was around 200 MB i like the map system on Far Cry 2 small sized maps
5: MP server can we run more than one server on same Machine ?

Perseus_AWC
06-19-2009, 09:28 AM
This is typical UBI silence. we have to actually buy the game ourselves to find out these questions.
There is no way they don't know the answers to these quesitons this close to release.

trimi_dogg
06-23-2009, 06:10 AM
"06/01/2009 - Forum Questions Answered
There are plenty of questions on the forum about Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood so we thought we'd get some of them <span class="ev_code_RED">answered</span> !
Head on over to this forum thread to see the full response."

is this true ??

Doctor_Hades
07-03-2009, 04:34 AM
I'd like to know why both V-Sync and FSAA are supported through editing the Video.src file but aren't options from within the game itself? Also why are the numerous sound options in the Video.src file to but barebones options in the game itself, no EAX option for example?

Certainly the lack of a V-Sync option in-game is a glaring omission if, like me, you cannot abide screen tearing. It cannot be forced through the graphics driver control panel either, it has to be edited via the setting file, so not everyone will know how to enable it that way.

Dungeoncrawler
07-03-2009, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Doctor_Hades:
I'd like to know why both V-Sync and FSAA are supported through editing the Video.src file but aren't options from within the game itself? Also why are the numerous sound options in the Video.src file to but barebones options in the game itself, no EAX option for example?

Certainly the lack of a V-Sync option in-game is a glaring omission if, like me, you cannot abide screen tearing. It cannot be forced through the graphics driver control panel either, it has to be edited via the setting file, so not everyone will know how to enable it that way.

Hi. If you have an Nvidia card (looks like you do) you can certainly force V-sync through the control panel. Granted, currently you have to create a profile as one does not exist for this game up to forceware 186.18. Not sure about the beta 190.xx's.

Sith-Lord
07-04-2009, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Doctor_Hades:

How can I edit this video.scr file?

SeaFireLIV
07-05-2009, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by Ubi.Vigil:

How did you go about choosing the historical settings and events to feature in Wild West Levels maps?

Wild West is in a way a bit like the Caribbean pirates: thereís a world of difference between the historical truth about it and the legends and myths we all love and expect to see. We have chosen to combine the two, recreating the look and feel of the era with extreme attention to detail and then embellished it with a sort of Spaghetti Western flair and pomp.

The events in Wild West Legends are a balance between immersion in the atmospheric setting and just plain fun and multiplayer action. We have real Western fanatics in the office so it took a lot of discussions and several duels at high noon before the actual events for WWL were agreed upon.

I`ll bet the office fanatics were a little annoyed about Gatling carrying soldiers (never happened) and horses that had no fear of smashing into whole windows face first!

Apart from that, I thought the game was pretty well done. I would`ve preferred more realism (it`s too easy for us Vets, even on hard), and a longer single player but we can`t have evrything I guess.

fredde_150
07-26-2009, 08:33 AM
plz help me , call of juarez laging all the freaking time for me )=

RedRooster
07-31-2009, 05:44 PM
Does anyone know if there is a way to ban players in the Bound in Blood game? I have used the old Kill player and kick player functions and they work in new game but not the ban function. Also, is there a server manager that can be downloaded to make the games easier to control. This is a good MP game, but it lacks the MP functions that will keep people coming back. Hope someone can help, thanks.

persian-boy
08-03-2009, 03:49 PM
Thanks for the info!
i`m from iran and i realy enjoy with play COJ2.
I have a just one qestion:
do they(techland`s employees)was created a new map or mission for the coj2?if your answer is"yes" when youre realese for download?download is free or not?

JOEYRB
08-08-2009, 03:41 PM
i am am trying to play multiplayer and i have to 'upgrade' my profile. when i try to put my e mail address in it wont allow me to put '@'in and then says i have to put an authentic e mail address in. can anyone help?

Doc.Canis
08-11-2009, 07:17 AM
OH FANTASTIC...

That's all the question we would like answered...

Or perhaps not.

How about this one...

WHEN are we going to see a patch that fixes the issues with the game?

kostas1971
08-28-2009, 06:50 AM
Hi i have a problem i can't login for multiplayer game. what can i do. i never had a problem before?