PDA

View Full Version : My fishing story

M2morris
04-05-2008, 11:04 PM
I took my wife and kid to a lake today and we had a good time just relaxing, and barbquing some ribs and listening to classic rock.I brought a cooler with some beer along with a fishin rod, went down to the water, set up my folding chair, got rigged up and casted in my line, sat back and sipped beer and watched the scenery. Wam! got a pretty good sized sunfish within 5 minutes. Bated the hook again, about 5 minutes later I decided to real it in to take a look at the bate and... Wam!
I caught an 18" metal cooking grill! Reeled it in. Stood there holding it up. Looked at it hanging there on my fishing line. A cooking grill. "Hmm." I said.
"Okay. What the heck, why not?"
I used it. Just to spite the lake. We scrubbed it up and used it to cook that fish. Going back tomorro, who knows; maybe Ill catch a
pair of metal tongs or a spatula.

M2morris
04-05-2008, 11:04 PM
I took my wife and kid to a lake today and we had a good time just relaxing, and barbquing some ribs and listening to classic rock.I brought a cooler with some beer along with a fishin rod, went down to the water, set up my folding chair, got rigged up and casted in my line, sat back and sipped beer and watched the scenery. Wam! got a pretty good sized sunfish within 5 minutes. Bated the hook again, about 5 minutes later I decided to real it in to take a look at the bate and... Wam!
I caught an 18" metal cooking grill! Reeled it in. Stood there holding it up. Looked at it hanging there on my fishing line. A cooking grill. "Hmm." I said.
"Okay. What the heck, why not?"
I used it. Just to spite the lake. We scrubbed it up and used it to cook that fish. Going back tomorro, who knows; maybe Ill catch a
pair of metal tongs or a spatula.

jadger
04-06-2008, 12:07 AM
lol, just use a stick of dynamite, have your kid hold the net. scoop up any other goodiess you find in the bottom of the lake... like maybe an old VW Bug

M2morris
04-06-2008, 12:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jadger:
lol, just use a stick of dynamite, have your kid hold the net. scoop up any other goodiess you find in the bottom of the lake... like maybe an old VW Bug </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah, sounds like somthing I did as a kid using M80s in a canal to knock out fish. Thning is, its not a scuzzy lake. I was supprized to find that somebody had done that.