PDA

View Full Version : I think Ubisoft can make larger profit

assassins0creed
06-23-2007, 04:21 AM
I think its more important to release Assassin's Creed on PC than any other platform, i think just few people will bye it for Playstation 3 , PC edition will be the most important release

kew414
06-23-2007, 04:32 AM
Thinking < knowing http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

It is coming to PC anyways. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

fiso16
06-23-2007, 12:16 PM
the was a poll a while back that asked which system people would get AC for and the majority was for the PS3. not that they havent changed their minds though.

altairiscool
06-23-2007, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by assassins0creed:
I think its more important to release Assassin's Creed on PC than any other platform, i think just few people will bye it for Playstation 3 , PC edition will be the most important release Am i missing something. I don't see at all why that would be.

chewie1890
06-23-2007, 01:57 PM
I think its more important to release Assassin's Creed on PC than any other platform, i think just few people will bye it for Playstation 3 , PC edition will be the most important release

So? They're releasing a PC version, do you want it gold plated or something?

Though it doesn't matter because according to the poll on the AC website most people will be buying it for the XB360 followed by PS3 and PC trailing at dead last.

The results:

What platform will you buy Assassin's Creed for?

Xbox 360
61%
PLAYSTATION 3
23%
PC
16%

rebelinthenude0
06-23-2007, 02:38 PM
I dont see how it would be bigger on PC that's just so stupid to say.....Oh and about the poll you put up i think the amount of people buying the PS3 version will double because by then there will be tons of more people with PS3's the amount of games coming out for it are astonishing

Barthe7ruth
06-23-2007, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by rebelinthenude0:
I dont see how it would be bigger on PC that's just so stupid to say.....Oh and about the poll you put up i think the amount of people buying the PS3 version will double because by then there will be tons of more people with PS3's the amount of games coming out for it are astonishing
That seems a wee bit optimistic for the PS3. An increase is arguable (at best), but "double" is just a silly thing to say.

Wangzter
06-23-2007, 04:01 PM
What the ****? Pardon my French.

ThePheonix1030
06-23-2007, 04:20 PM
For PCs, I like to buy FPS games such as Half-Life for it. I don't like to play third person games ( in this case, Assassin's Creed) on it. This is just my opinion. I'm purchasing AC for the PS3 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

chewie1890
06-23-2007, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Barthe7ruth:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rebelinthenude0:
That seems a wee bit optimistic for the PS3. An increase is arguable (at best), but "double" is just a silly thing to say. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif Agreed.

Even if the numbers double it'd still be 15% less than the ammount of people buying it on 360, and PC will still be losinghttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif.

Pinjani10
06-23-2007, 11:55 PM
In My opinion people will buy this game more for consoles in general because well it costs less to run the game with amazing graphics. I have a 360 and my parents gave me the choice of either getting me a 360 or I give them 1000 and they give the rest to upgrade my PC, I chose the 360 because I didnt want to spend all the money on my PC.

katz_bg
06-24-2007, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by rebelinthenude0:
I dont see how it would be bigger on PC that's just so stupid to say...
Then you MUST be blind. PC is the biggest market for any multiplatform game. There are many times more people that have a PC rather than a console.

princeofyo
06-24-2007, 08:31 AM
More people will probably buy it for 360 or PS3.

Crazeelax608
06-24-2007, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by katz_bg:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rebelinthenude0:
Then you MUST be blind. PC is the biggest market for any multiplatform game. There are many times more people that have a PC rather than a console. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, you must be blind. Read the polls.

princeofyo
06-24-2007, 09:08 AM
Then you MUST be blind. PC is the biggest market for any multiplatform game. There are many times more people that have a PC rather than a console. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But how many people have PCs powerful enough to run Assassin's Creed

Boromir323
06-24-2007, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by princeofyo:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by katz_bg:

But how many people have PCs powerful enough to run Assassin's Creed </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif
Yeah I'm a PC gamer and I love the PC but I doubt mine could run AC, and if it could it would have to be on low graphics or something.

altairiscool
06-24-2007, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by chewie1890:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Barthe7ruth:
That seems a wee bit optimistic for the PS3. An increase is arguable (at best), but "double" is just a silly thing to say. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif Agreed.

Even if the numbers double it'd still be 15% less than the ammount of people buying it on 360, and PC will still be losinghttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>thats not ture cuz the percent of the 360 would go down cuz u cant have more then 100 percent duh!

HorTyS
06-24-2007, 03:22 PM
i think the numbers for this game will be highest on 360. it's user base is now and will still be higher than ps3 when it releases, and PC is more geared to FPS games than 3rd person action/ adventure games. there may be more PC users than 360 users, but the amount of people who play THIS kind of game on PC are most likely lower than the people who play this kind of game on 360.

katz_bg
06-25-2007, 05:08 AM
Originally posted by Crazeelax608:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by katz_bg:
Then you MUST be blind. PC is the biggest market for any multiplatform game. There are many times more people that have a PC rather than a console.

No, you must be blind. Read the polls. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The polls here respond only to the users of the forum. Not very accurate I'm afraid.

kew414
06-25-2007, 05:28 AM
Originally posted by altairiscool:
thats not ture cuz the percent of the 360 would go down cuz u cant have more then 100 percent duh!
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif
Hahah, it's good I'm not the only one who realized that http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

chikkenstorm
06-25-2007, 06:52 AM
Then you MUST be blind. PC is the biggest market for any multiplatform game. There are many times more people that have a PC rather than a console. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>As said before: AC is a heavy game, and I have to upgrade my pc for it (and work hard to get that money). Second, there are alot more pc-gamers, but alot of them don't buy the game, but they download it. With that in mind, I'm already happy they release it for the pc, since the pc doesn't get alot of cool (non-MMORPG) games anymore.

ThePheonix1030
06-25-2007, 07:18 AM
I just wanted to say that a price drop is possible for the PS3, as stated here. (http://ps3.ign.com/articles/797/797035p1.html) I'm not sure if other gamers are going to purchase AC on other counsoles because they don't own a PS3, with it's high retail price and all, but a price drop can happen around the time AC gets shipped!!

HeresToAtomBomb
06-25-2007, 08:41 AM
I heartily disagree. It is highly unlikely that prices drop in correlation with the boom the videogame industry is about to experience. With the advent of next-gen games coming out this holiday season, they will keep their prices as they are so as to make a staggering profit. If you understand the economy and markets then you would understand that lowering the prices for the PS3 - an already struggling system - will deny them much needed revenue as Nintendo (resulting from the Wii's sales) has surpassed Sony. Veni, Vidi, Vici.

katz_bg
06-25-2007, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by ThePheonix1030:
I just wanted to say that a price drop is possible for the PS3, as stated here. (http://ps3.ign.com/articles/797/797035p1.html) I'm not sure if other gamers are going to purchase AC on other counsoles because they don't own a PS3, with it's high retail price and all, but a price drop can happen around the time AC gets shipped!!
either way i'm getting my PS3 and AC whenever the price of the console drops from it's 600€. lucky americans. they have it only for $600. that's about 35% less.

cudbug
06-25-2007, 11:21 AM
I think it is oppiniotive. Whatever console you are most comfortable playing games on is what console you will buy it for. I am going to get this for the ps3

chewie1890
06-25-2007, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by HeresToAtomBomb:
I heartily disagree. It is highly unlikely that prices drop in correlation with the boom the videogame industry is about to experience. With the advent of next-gen games coming out this holiday season, they will keep their prices as they are so as to make a staggering profit. If you understand the economy and markets then you would understand that lowering the prices for the PS3 - an already struggling system - will deny them much needed revenue as Nintendo (resulting from the Wii's sales) has surpassed Sony. Veni, Vidi, Vici.

I've heard from Target, and a manager at Gamestop that a PS3 price drop is coming soon. How soon is the question though.

HeresToAtomBomb
06-25-2007, 01:39 PM
I actually do some trading of Sony stock etc. and believe I know more about the situation than your average joe that works at Target and Gamestop. I understand the financial implications whereas everything they know is based on hearsay. They are, most assuredly, talking about a year to a year and a half for their projections of price reduction. Sony's stock has been crushed by their lack of sales - just today Nintendo's capitalization has surpassed Sony's thrusting it into the top 10 traded companies in Japan - and given the way the market operates Sony would exacerbate their failure by dropping prices this next year, much less, the holiday season. It is simple economics, my friend.

chewie1890
06-25-2007, 01:51 PM
I think the ammount of money Sony is losing per console is a fantastic reason to not lower the price also. I wasn't trying to contradict you, just tossing in little tid-bits, Sonys done some pretty crazy things before...

HeresToAtomBomb
06-25-2007, 01:57 PM
Yeah how it works is Sony has invested X dollars for Y systems. The X they have invested wasn't cost efficient so the price of Y systems had to be extremely expensive. With me so far? So with a really high X already put in the systems - as there is no liquidity with the final product in this instance - they cannot lower their prices for Y (if they did, they would lose way more money than they are currently). This is basically an economic Catch-22 where SONY has shot itself in the foot.

chewie1890
06-25-2007, 02:05 PM
Yea I understood that, it's just with a lowered console cost then more people could buy it and software sales which they were expecting to make up for extreme money loss on the actual system could possibly help them. Though it's probably unlikely it's a small possibility that I like to cling to. Hahaha. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

HeresToAtomBomb
06-25-2007, 02:14 PM
When I say this, I'm not trying to prove you wrong or flame you but rather am trying to educate you about business models (in this case failed ones). See, it seems intuitive that by lowering the cost of the systems - at this point - will save Sony money, that's neither true nor the point. Sony is in so much debt right now (in economies, debt is necessary to an extent but NOT healthy at the extremes Sony has taken it to) from their lackluster launch as a multitude of their systems didn't sell. You see, there is money tied up in the original cost of PS3s launch. This being so, there is no solution to the money they have lost at launch only an opportunity to mitigate their losses. The only thing Sony can do is try to sell as many systems - at launch price - as their sales model called for and then, and only then, can they lower the price of their systems. See, that's why I am suggesting that Sony is ensnared in a Catch-22 as there is no way out their conundrum.

chewie1890
06-25-2007, 02:32 PM
Don't worry about making it utmost clear that you're not bashing me, with other users it may be necessary but not with me. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I know what you're saying and I agree you're right, but please leave me with my highly impossible hope. Hahaha. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Barthe7ruth
06-25-2007, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by HeresToAtomBomb:
Sony is ensnared in a Catch-22 as there is no way out their conundrum.
Right you are: Sony is in a jam no matter how you slice it. Happily though, they're far from down and out. While I consider myself an X-box fanboy, I hope Sony is around for many a season to come, if only to keep Microsoft on their toes.

chewie1890
06-25-2007, 02:55 PM
Good thing Sonys making other things than gaming systems eh?

On a different note I remember reading a few days ago that Nintendo was starting to catch up to Sonys over-all networth, anyone else seen that? More looking for a confirmation than a discussion I suppose.

Skaevola
06-25-2007, 03:04 PM
On the PC topic, the reason I'm not getting it on PC (and there are probably others, too) is that I don't trust the PoP team with PC controls. The Prince of Persia series is a great series, but the controls sucked on PC. As such, I'm getting it on Xbox 360 (because I don't have 700 bucks to dish out on a console).

andy276
06-26-2007, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by Wingf00t:
On the PC topic, the reason I'm not getting it on PC (and there are probably others, too) is that I don't trust the PoP team with PC controls. The Prince of Persia series is a great series, but the controls sucked on PC. As such, I'm getting it on Xbox 360 (because I don't have 700 bucks to dish out on a console). That's why I got a joypad for the PC and I'll also use it for AC.

HeresToAtomBomb
06-26-2007, 07:06 AM
I believe you're right chewie. See, Nintendo had an excellent marketing campaign: DS, Wii, and other handhelds. Sony needs to take a lesson from the folks at Nintendo if they hope to succeed in the proverbial next-gen arms race. Microsoft, I am aware that the majority of revenue comes from their computers, is by far in the lead concerning overall capital/revenue/earnings etc. If Sony makes a comeback, I will be more than shocked given how competitive the other companies' prices are.

Tirinel
06-26-2007, 10:40 AM
i know what you mean, definatly. More money will be made on the PC. I hope!

a-secret-threat
06-27-2007, 12:03 AM
i have never played a computer game before... well besides the pop up ipod games.. that are on top of the page and if u shoot an ipod 3 times u get on for free.... those are so fun.. but whenever i shoot the invisable one it doesnt count as a hit http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

also i just noticed Tirinel.. y do u hope that it makes more money on the PC.. wat is it to u?

look at me i didnt double post... omg i win

Jonar_Roman
06-27-2007, 12:25 AM
Ok, This thread looks to be a console vs. PC war, and I'll throw in my 2 cents for the PC. As far as the poll that was mentioned.....Don't take that as gospel, there are people (like me) that had never heard of AC until a few weeks ago, and I have just now gotten into looking at it more seriously.

Now, I know this is a wee bit off topic, but I must indulge the inner PC gamer. If Microsoft would wake up and give the 360 all around keyboard and mouse support. I could think about buying one. I can not use console controllers, never have been, and most likely never will be. I would out the 360 next to my computer use a video capture card...and plug in a keyboard and mouse....

Ok...now that I have THAT out of my system, could anyone tell me where I can find the sys requirements for AC on PC?

HeresToAtomBomb
06-27-2007, 07:09 AM
Dude, you're going to need a super-powerful system. If you don't have the requirements it will probably be cheaper to just get an Xbox 360.

Jonar_Roman
06-27-2007, 07:17 AM
I have a good computer, but I have a feeling I would need a new video card. I have been planning on getting one anyway, but I'd like to see the recquirements for AC before I do.

Jonar_Roman
06-27-2007, 07:19 AM
Oh and another thing.....I mentioned I can't use the console controlers....can't get the hang of them.....for the rest of the answer to that...see my first post.

HeresToAtomBomb
06-27-2007, 07:33 AM
What are your specs, I will give you an honest appraisal concerning whether or not you can run it.

Jonar_Roman
06-27-2007, 07:41 AM
Processor..Pent 4 3.4 Ghz
Video card..NVIDIA Gforce 6600 GT
RAM..1 Gb( I plan on doubleing this in the near future)
HD..250 Gb

need anything else?

chikkenstorm
06-27-2007, 07:47 AM
If you don't want to play on (super-)low, I'd suggest to get a new videocard. And if you don't have such a great budget (like me), wait 'till ATI releases their mid-range cards; they seem to be better than those of Nvidia (8600GT). But don't go cheap for a DX9 card; you'll regret when DX10 becomes a standard.
Rest of it should be fine.

Jonar_Roman
06-27-2007, 07:57 AM
thats what i figured. and I;ll have to do some looking at video cards.

Thanks for the help!

HeresToAtomBomb
06-27-2007, 08:02 AM
Yeah, look into a new video card. With your current one, you're going to be looking at low.

a-secret-threat
06-27-2007, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by Jonar_Roman:
Oh and another thing.....I mentioned I can't use the console controlers....can't get the hang of them.....for the rest of the answer to that...see my first post.

u double posted.. Ban Ban Ban Ban Ban....

Jonar_Roman
06-27-2007, 07:42 PM
Umm..how is that a double post...I was reeterating a statement because someone aparently missed it earler......

Hassan-Sabaa
06-27-2007, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by a-secret-threat:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jonar_Roman:

u double posted.. Ban Ban Ban Ban Ban.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well you could have used the edit button BUT a-secret-threat IS guilty of a crime so hanous...
well he didnt post a constructive post.. but he is right although late. More people would get the game for PC if it waasn't so darn expensive to get the latest computer because the game is so cutting edge..

EDIT: secret was porbably joking anyway.

a-secret-threat
06-28-2007, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by a-secret-threat:
look at me i didnt double post... omg i win

ya i was.. but now im not

Ban Ban Ban Ban....

sladevi
06-28-2007, 12:33 AM
I was under the impression that multiplatform games in general tend to sell far more for PC than for consoles, but that's not based on any evidence. I'd really like to find some evidence to prove or disprove that, but I'm not sure where to look.

Also, it seems to me like the need to constantly upgrade PCs to keep up with games is a bit exaggerated. I bought a top of the line PC in early 2003 when I graduated HS (for $2k, a good deal at the time) and it still plays all the top of the line games smoothly. I have to lower the graphics a bit (but never all the way), but it still handles everything.

Still, I can't deny that consoles are cheaper, but like someone else said, I can't handle console controls, I need my mouse and keyboard =)

on a side note:

Originally posted by chikkenstorm:
I'm already happy they release it for the pc, since the pc doesn't get alot of cool (non-MMORPG) games anymore.

I agree, I'm so tired of all the MMORPG junk they keep shoveling out, so few developers are actually making real games anymore. (MMORPGs aren't games, they are "I killed you so I'm better than you! Bwahahaha!" and that's it...)