PDA

View Full Version : Torpedo Report-Missed

KiwiVenge
04-09-2005, 12:12 AM
I keep getting 'missed' reports when I go for the under the keel shots. They are not missing, as they cause fires and such. Starting to seem that a very high % of the ones that do get detonated by magnetics are reported as misses.
Anyone else getting this?
I am talking zero winds, 400 meters from target, set 1 meter below the reported draft of the ship (from the recog manual).
Any thoughts or suggestions?

Frederf220
04-09-2005, 12:58 AM
The crew says "Torpedo missed sir" because they think it exploded and didn't hit the ship, even though it did.

Yes, I get this too and it's a dumb little bug. If the torpedo causes damage to a ship then it didn't miss.

KiwiVenge
04-09-2005, 01:01 AM
Figured as much, was just gettign concerned that my torp depth was not ideal. How deep do you people run them under the draft depth?

quillan
04-09-2005, 06:52 AM
1-2 meters. This happens all the time. I assumed the weapons officer was listening for the sound of it hitting before exploding. He told me that last night, when I had two fish fired at a battleship.

con20or
04-09-2005, 07:05 AM
yeh it happened me last night too. if it sinks from the hit which it claims u didnt get do u get credit for it?