PDA

View Full Version : Creative Programming Players.....

LEBillfish
06-05-2007, 10:25 PM
Have to say it, and won't name names and know it's not just individuals yet have seen an entire squadron do it....Thats to basically fly a hacked sim.

Now it's bad enough when a plane that should climb to 3km in perhaps 3 minutes is seen climbing from take off to that height in 15-30 seconds, yet when they're flying so high and so shockingly that you F2 just to see what's up and get a view like that from a Me163 flown straight up, round world.....Well.....

More so, when they then dive from a claimed 27km they achieved in an 109F to 2km in roughly 15 seconds with no break up or shudder even...Well...Then it comes the time to say frankly.....

If you have to cheat, try not to be so obvious, as frankly I don't want to fly with you..

crazyivan1970
06-05-2007, 10:43 PM
Fly on the servers with versioncheck enabled dear.

DKoor
06-05-2007, 10:49 PM
He he.... last nite I was flying in MiG-9 at ~3k alt.
Nobody around me in miles.
Suddenly my MiG shakes and started to leak fuel. LoL. Wasn't AA fer sure as they weren't any on that map/server.

Can be a lag, hack... who knows?

Such things happen online.
I remember one time when you could pump entire l0ad of ammo in enemy ac and he happily fly away without any damage. That was because of the reason crazyivan said, they were simply flying on different game version.

Of course there is always an good ole speedhack.

LEBillfish
06-05-2007, 11:28 PM
No this is not lag, or someone timing out, some even openly admitting it.....Perfect example;

As you might guess I fly the Ki-61 a lot. Took off as a lead plane, the 3 behind me took off slightly after....Lots of time so F2'd looking at the view in the planes best climb.....By the time I reached 1km, #2 which circled the field waiting for the others now 3km back, took all of 10 seconds to catch me, then fly loops around my plane...#3 climbed from off the field to an easy 3km in 15 seconds, #4 followed, then all 3 had fun while I'm reaching 1.5km to literally fly loops around my plane in a hard climb all catching up in seconds......

Their response?.....We practiced climbing (was a squadron)....Tonight the worst abuse of it I've ever seen, earth round, tunnel vision so high, no effort the plane fling like a champ, the guy stating his altitude openly then that dive.

Frankly it's sad......So I say if they are going to cheat make them worry about getting caught. Know a few who will never fly any mission I run for that reason alone.

Has nothing to do with lag or versions...

and Ivan....Sorry yet they have flown on your server often during coop nights so assuming you use version check, it don't work brudda against this...

msalama
06-06-2007, 12:02 AM
Hmmm. Interesting.

Well I think you should actually name names this time so that people could avoid those b4stards, no?

Pollack2006
06-06-2007, 12:18 AM
Before names are named find out exactly how they're doing this so a report can be sent off to Oleg and co. Hopefully before the final patch.

LEBillfish
06-06-2007, 01:07 AM
I'm not going to name names......If these fools want to keep it up, fine, they'll expose themselves soon enough and no doubt it will dawn on others what was up times they noticed something.

Option is they change.....As once caught no doubt one more heated then I will tell. The result would be simple, a sim they wish to participate in online would suddenly be gone as others won't fly with them either.....No doubt sadly some will look for the cheat themselves, yet that's their loss.

Call it a second chance.......As when I see it used again I'll be more blunt about it and I know who to look for.

DKoor
06-06-2007, 01:15 AM
But please do save a track.
All veteran IL-2 players see what is a lag, what is disco what is stick abuse... and what is slight desync.

Those things are not hard to spot, I have watched l0ads, literally thousands of all kind of tracks from various game versions and I can tell with almost certainty what is that about. If I see the track that is.
But many here can see that too...

So naturally I believe LEBillFish when she claims that. Even given the fact that I haven't seen the tracks.

But LBF... please do save them they are a nice proof http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif
It doesn't matter that majority of opinions here may say otherwise like online track is never prrof sure it isn't in some cases but things is... in most of them you can clearly see what is going on around recorders plane.

BBB_Hyperion
06-06-2007, 02:04 AM
Play only on controlled ground. Speedhack still works when correct settings are not applied.

MEGILE
06-06-2007, 02:48 AM
If you are not going to name names, or record a track as some proof....

What exactly, would you like the forum to do about it?

Consider mailing it to Oleg atleast, he will tell you either way

crazyivan1970
06-06-2007, 03:36 AM
Originally posted by LEBillfish:
and Ivan....Sorry yet they have flown on your server often during coop nights so assuming you use version check, it don't work brudda against this...

Well, the big question is.... were they doing the same thing? Because i usually watch people in the coop... and i dont recall anything that you describe.

rnzoli
06-06-2007, 06:38 AM
Thats to basically fly a hacked sim.
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/354.gif
Are you trying to imply that you need to be a creative programmer to fly a hacked code?
Or are you trying to imply that all creative programmers who fly this sim are cheaters?

I hope not. It's more the way around: creative programmers who don't fly this sim can create a hacked version for cheaters who are pure *******es without any programming skills.

carguy_
06-06-2007, 06:40 AM
Someone`s been owned by a Spit I wager ARRRRRRRG!

T_O_A_D
06-06-2007, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by crazyivan1970:
Well, the big question is.... were they doing the same thing? Because i usually watch people in the coop... and i dont recall anything that you describe.

He is able to watch because he dies so early in the flight. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

LEBillfish
06-06-2007, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by Megile:
If you are not going to name names, or record a track as some proof....

expected....

Originally posted by crazyivan1970:

No idea, never noticed one "doing it" on your server as I try to spend my time flying so only on rare occassions have caught it.....Have no idea how it's done so don't know if it can be flown and not used. What I can say is it is not some old porked "version", nothing here ever flew like that, though off versions may cause extremes.

Originally posted by rnzoli:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Thats to basically fly a hacked sim.
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/354.gif
Are you trying to imply that you need to be a creative programmer to fly a hacked code?
Or are you trying to imply that all creative programmers who fly this sim are cheaters?

I hope not. It's more the way around: creative programmers who don't fly this sim can create a hacked version for cheaters who are pure *******es without any programming skills. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

puuleaseeeee....I assume you're intelligent enough to know exactly what I'm saying and know I'm not so stupid to take your bait...So that must be programmer humor on your part.

Originally posted by carguy_:
Someone`s been owned by a Spit I wager ARRRRRRRG!

yawnssss....

Originally posted by T_O_A_D:He is able to watch because he dies so early in the flight. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

MEGILE
06-06-2007, 08:36 AM
So what we got here is...

you *think* you saw someone cheat, but you have no proof.

Sounds like 99% of cheat claims around here.

stalkervision
06-06-2007, 08:40 AM
seems like every on-line game including this one has cheaters... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

rnzoli
06-06-2007, 08:58 AM
I would like to see tracks before believing this...

crazyivan1970
06-06-2007, 09:14 AM
Dont jump all over Billfish guys, if version check is disabled, things that she seen are possible. Trust me, i know http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

hshmulik
06-06-2007, 09:28 AM
May I ask what is version check and how I can tell if its on or off on a server?

MaxMhz
06-06-2007, 09:40 AM
You can't tell if the version check is on. It's set in conf.ini by the game host; well - you can tell if your hacked plane suddenly performs normal I assume lol

I think Billfish knows this game well enough to tell a hacked plane from other quircks. There have been nettrack around showing it can be hacked...
Just didn't read anything recently. So it's back again I guess http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Swivet
06-06-2007, 09:45 AM
If you have to cheat, try not to be so obvious, as frankly I don't want to fly with you..

My sentiments exactly http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

Schwarz.13
06-06-2007, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by hshmulik:
May I ask what is version check and how I can tell if its on or off on a server?

I would like to know too.

I've not been playing IL2 very long but was under the impression it was hack-free - i used to play Wolf:ET in a clan and the amount of hacks floating about for that game was sickening!

MEGILE
06-06-2007, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Schwarz.13:

I would like to know too.

I've not been playing IL2 very long but was under the impression it was hack-free - i used to play Wolf:ET in a clan and the amount of hacks floating about for that game was sickening!

Damn I aint played ET in years.. that game was uber cool.

rnzoli
06-06-2007, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Swivet:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">If you have to cheat, try not to be so obvious, as frankly I don't want to fly with you..
My sentiments exactly http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Really? Are you okay to fly with cheaters, who are "not so obvious"? Sorry guys, but this is even more http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/354.gif for me...

hshmulik
06-07-2007, 04:29 AM
Originally posted by MaxMhz:
You can't tell if the version check is on. It's set in conf.ini by the game host

So how come CrazyIvan recommends LEBillfish to fly only on such servers?
Is there a list of known servers that set this?
Can I assume that the full difficulty (or almost full difficulty) servers also have this set?

I'm with LEBillfish on this - I don't want to fly in this mode - I'm more interested in not flying with others that do.

rnzoli
06-07-2007, 05:15 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MaxMhz:
You can't tell if the version check is on. It's set in conf.ini by the game host

So how come CrazyIvan recommends LEBillfish to fly only on such servers? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Because the checkRuntime=2 parameter is the most stringent check available to prevent even "small cheaters" to do their little dirty acts. The server verifies over the net, that the aicraft parameters are exactly the same on the server as on the client PC, during flying.

Is there a list of known servers that set this?
There was a list when 4.07/4.071 came out, where hosts were publishing their checkRuntime settings at that time. It was sticky then, not anymore, and probably not updated either.

Can I assume that the full difficulty (or almost full difficulty) servers also have this set?
No, absolutely not. While cheating is more tempting on an arcade, free-for-all server, it is far more difficult to spot cheating when external view is not available. The real unfortunate situation is that some teams, who want to look more than they are, allegedly boost their scores in online wars using various cheat methods (from the milder warp-rolling, through more serious speedhacks, up to hacked code), as a true testament to their inability to learn flying the sim instead.

It would be nice to know how to check this from a client's point of view, but maybe this possibility doesn't exist in a simple way.

However, you might do checks on dedicated server, because of a "side-effect" of this parameters. Try to join the server with WinXP and then from another machine with Win2K. If you get kicked with Timeout 1 after joining, you can be sure that the server is using checkRuntime=2, the most strict setting.

Bearcat99
06-07-2007, 06:30 AM
Just for the record... Where is the version checker again? No one has answered that question yet... is it here:

[NET]
speed=10000
routeChannels=0
serverChannels=23
localPort=21000
remotePort=21000
SkinDownload=1
serverName=332nd Practice
serverDescription=
remoteHost=
localHost=75.106.43.50
socksHost=
checkServerTimeSpeed=1
checkClientTimeSpeed=0
checkRuntime=1

[MaxLag]
farMaxLagTime=10.0
nearMaxLagTime=2.0
cheaterWarningDelay=5.0
cheaterWarningNum=2

crazyivan1970
06-07-2007, 06:56 AM
checkRuntime explanation is in the readme file. Hosts have to put it in manually, because it is not there unless you put it there.

To save you sometime
The server can now check for changes on the client-side game modules, i.e. ensure the modules were not modified. To enable the check, a new key was added to the conf.ini file.

In order to set the client-side verification parameters you will need to manually edit the conf.ini file located in your main game folder before launching the game. Open the file with a text editor, find the [NET] section and in the checkRuntime = line write in either 0 or 1 (or 2), then save the file. If the checkRuntime = line does not exist in your conf.ini file, add it to the end of the [NET] section.

checkRuntime=0-no check is made (default);
checkRuntime=1-quick check;
checkRuntime=2-comprehensive check.

NOTE: during the comprehensive check, if the client runs a different OS version from the client, the check may identify the OS differences as changes in game modules.

p.s. BearCat: checkClientTimeSpeed should be 1 not 0. If you dont want anyone use Speed hack on your server. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

hshmulik
06-07-2007, 07:12 AM
So, all I have left to do is look around and see if anyone is flying in an abnormal way? Seems kind of hard to detect...

BTW, when you refer to speed hacks - do you mean when people are hitting the PrintScreen and appear to "jump" around just when I'm about to open fire?

And about the "warp-rolling" mentioned above - what does it look like?

rnzoli
06-07-2007, 08:54 AM
So, all I have left to do is look around and see if anyone is flying in an abnormal way? Seems kind of hard to detect...
Fly with people you know more or less. Preferably more http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

BTW, when you refer to speed hacks - do you mean when people are hitting the PrintScreen and appear to "jump" around just when I'm about to open fire?
No. Speedhack is smooth, such planes seem to be faster than yours, climb better and roll better. They do everything faster http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif but smoothly.

And about the "warp-rolling" mentioned above - what does it look like?
It looks like how you described above - little jumps on purpose synchronised roll-reversals, so you always miss.

BTW I have never seen a cheater myself. I guess everyone who flies with me needs no cheating to beat me. So my slogan is: "Stay noob! The most elegant way of avoiding contacts with cheaters!" http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

GreyFox5
06-07-2007, 09:20 AM
Thanks for the explanation CrazyIvan. I'll make sure I use CheckRunTime=2 in my game.

BillFish you may want to take tracks of everything for a while to see if you can catch the players doing the cheating. I believe we flew a mission together on the host in question.

We'll just have to watch your back better next time http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

~S~

LStarosta
06-07-2007, 09:29 AM
I cheat in Red Orchestra and use the anti tank rifle with rapid fire!

boobooboobooboobooboobooboobooboobooboobooboom!!!! !!111

me--->http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/typing.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif<---knewbs

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

crazyivan1970
06-07-2007, 09:36 AM
Dont use =2 mate, re-read my post again. On =2 it might trigger kick even with OS differences... 1 should be good enough.

Also, i must say this... sometimes drivers can cause kick too. If you are joining server and get message TIMEOUT, REASON 1, you should know that checkRuntime just kicked you out. I had this problem after installing printer drivers, believe it or not. All of a sudden couldnt join my own coop!! Took me a while to figure out that kick hehe. But finally i narrowed it down to checkRuntime. After deinstalling drivers i could join again with no problems. Which pretty much indicates that checkRuntime is not fully ready yet. I will bring it up to Oleg.

Also pay attention to
checkServerTimeSpeed=1
checkClientTimeSpeed=1

Make sure client time speed is set to 1. Default is zero. That should take care of speed hack. There are many servers out there that didnt even look at all those settings... so dont be surprised if dishonest people found their home on those servers.

Also, in this section, appropriate settings should be:

[MaxLag]
farMaxLagTime=2.0
nearMaxLagTime=1.5
cheaterWarningDelay=2.0
cheaterWarningNum=2

That will kick out laggers and people abusing connection fairly quickly. But, just like checkRuntime, it is not functioning 100%, it was reported tho, hopefully fixed soon, when they have time.

SlickStick
06-07-2007, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Bearcat99:
Just for the record... Where is the version checker again? No one has answered that question yet... is it here:

[NET]
speed=10000
routeChannels=0
serverChannels=23
localPort=21000
remotePort=21000
SkinDownload=1
serverName=332nd Practice
serverDescription=
remoteHost=
localHost=75.106.43.50
socksHost=
checkServerTimeSpeed=1
checkClientTimeSpeed=0
checkRuntime=1

[MaxLag]
farMaxLagTime=10.0
nearMaxLagTime=2.0
cheaterWarningDelay=5.0
cheaterWarningNum=2

Bearcat, as Ivan said, the Host needs to set ClientTimeSpeed to 1, but they also need to maually add the two lines that actually set the amount of game speed difference that is allowed. Default is 17 secs, 20% (you see what host is using upon joining server) which is a lifetime when you consider this will allow someone to be up to 20% faster than you in-game in the same plane. Speed Hack works like time compression online for their plane ONLY.

Here are the lines from my conf.ini that are set to 2 secs, 2%. I keep it very tight when hosting 1 vs 1 and expand slightly to 3 secs, 3% for 10-12 person server. I would never go anything past 5%, but that's just me.

The funny part is when you see Hosts who set this to 30% or even 50%. This allows a person to increase their game speed to 50% faster than others. Now, that's funny. Also, speed check measures game clock speed, not lag or packet loss.

The spelling below is exactly as you see here and the percentage must be entered as a decimal. Obviously, 0.02 is 2%, 0.05 would be 5%, etc.

checkServerTimeSpeed=1
checkClientTimeSpeed=1
checkTimeSpeedDifferense=0.02
checkTimeSpeedInterval=2

MAX LAG is explained in the manual and should be used in conjunction with speed check. MAX LAG measures packet loss between host and client. Leaving it at default is bad, m'kay? If I was running coops like the 99th, I'd set as a minimum (in seconds) far to 5.0, near to 2.0, delay ok at 5.0 and warning num to 3 or 5 (three or five messages before client is autokicked).

Also, open your netmessages.properties file with notepad and add a {0} in front of the 3 lag lines, keeping spacing as in other lines. This will show you the exact name of the pilot setting off the packet loss message when you see it in the chat. It is not universal, so all must modify their netmessages.properties file to see this locally on their PC.

When you see "X has been removed from the game" that is speed check related.

crazyivan1970
06-07-2007, 11:10 AM
Completely forgot about those, good reminder dude.

checkTimeSpeedDifferense
checkTimeSpeedInterval

Keep in mind that this check only works if you have
checkServerTimeSpeed=1
checkClientTimeSpeed=1
Both set to 1.

Bearcat99
06-07-2007, 08:42 PM
Also, open your netmessages.properties file with notepad and add a {0} in front of the 3 lag lines, keeping spacing as in other lines. This will show you the exact name of the pilot setting off the packet loss message when you see it in the chat. It is not universal, so all must modify their netmessages.properties file to see this locally on their PC.

Now where would I put this 0?
Do you mean in the yellow area?
<sub>user_joins {0} joins the game.
user_leaves {0} has left the game.
user_kicked {0} has been kicked by the host admin.
user_timeouts {0} has been idle for too long and is kicked.

user_joinarmy {0} joins the {1} army.
user_readytogo {0} is ready to go.

<span class="ev_code_YELLOW">user_cheating1 Cheating has been detected!
user_cheating2 Cheating has been detected!
user_cheating3 Cheating has been detected!</span>

user_cheatkick1 {0} is autokicked by the host.
user_cheatkick2 {0} is removed from the game.
user_cheatkick3 {0} has been kicked.

gore_kill1 {1} has been shot down by {0}.
gore_kill2 {0} downs {1}.
gore_kill3 {1} is blown out of the sky by {0}.
gore_kill4 {1} has been destroyed by {0}.
gore_kill5 {0} brings down {1}''s plane.

gore_killaaa1 {0} is brought down by a direct flak hit.
gore_killaaa2 {0} is shot down by AAA.
gore_killaaa3 {0} + flak shell = BOOM!
</sub>

Bearcat99
06-07-2007, 09:11 PM
and another thing.... is there a way to make exceptions for specific players? Say you have a guy who has tradidionally high pings.. and you dont want to kick him because you know he is straight up... but anyone else with a similar ping woukd get kicked.. Can that be done?

leitmotiv
06-07-2007, 10:07 PM
From the time I started playing wargames I've found cheating repulsive. I know there are plenty who think it is clever to give yourself an advantage. This demonstrates your superiority over the ostensibly dull-witted who keep at the game on its own terms. Unfortunately, this is where it breaks down. The cheater is the dullard, and that's why he's cheating. The pretense to cleverness is his rationalization that he is really the smart one. Clever and smart are two very different things. The sooner one recognizes the difference the easier your life will be. The clever cheat will always be trying to make the smart person feel like an idiot. That's his only way to feel superior.

SlickStick
06-08-2007, 07:33 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Also, open your netmessages.properties file with notepad and add a {0} in front of the 3 lag lines, keeping spacing as in other lines. This will show you the exact name of the pilot setting off the packet loss message when you see it in the chat. It is not universal, so all must modify their netmessages.properties file to see this locally on their PC.

Now where would I put this 0?
Do you mean in the yellow area?
<sub>user_joins {0} joins the game.
user_leaves {0} has left the game.
user_kicked {0} has been kicked by the host admin.
user_timeouts {0} has been idle for too long and is kicked.

user_joinarmy {0} joins the {1} army.
user_readytogo {0} is ready to go.

<span class="ev_code_YELLOW">user_cheating1 Cheating has been detected!
user_cheating2 Cheating has been detected!
user_cheating3 Cheating has been detected!</span>

user_cheatkick1 {0} is autokicked by the host.
user_cheatkick2 {0} is removed from the game.
user_cheatkick3 {0} has been kicked.

gore_kill1 {1} has been shot down by {0}.
gore_kill2 {0} downs {1}.
gore_kill3 {1} is blown out of the sky by {0}.
gore_kill4 {1} has been destroyed by {0}.
gore_kill5 {0} brings down {1}''s plane.

gore_killaaa1 {0} is brought down by a direct flak hit.
gore_killaaa2 {0} is shot down by AAA.
gore_killaaa3 {0} + flak shell = BOOM!
</sub> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Put them here in the 3 lines:

user_cheating1 {0} Cheating has been detected!
user_cheating2 {0} Cheating has been detected!
user_cheating3 {0} Cheating has been detected!

You can also edit the actual wording of any line in netmessages.properties as long as you keep the {0} and {1} tags consistent in the statements. Like:

user_cheating1 {0} Cheatskank has been detected!
user_cheating2 {0} Maybe lag has been detected!
user_cheating3 {0} Cheating cable connect has been detected!

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

and another thing.... is there a way to make exceptions for specific players? Say you have a guy who has tradidionally high pings.. and you dont want to kick him because you know he is straight up... but anyone else with a similar ping woukd get kicked.. Can that be done?

Unfortunately, no. The settings are universal for all clients. I know that sometimes the innocent can get kicked with the guilty, but if someone has such a bad connection or PC setup, it's best that they focus on that issue, as they only negatively affect the server for the rest of the clients anyway.

You can try relaxing the time in seconds for MAX LAG, but again, going too far just allows more packet loss and allows cheaters more freedom on your servers.

So, a host has to find the balance between good anti-cheat settings and allowing innocent dial-ups to stay connected.

SlickStick
06-08-2007, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by leitmotiv:
From the time I started playing wargames I've found cheating repulsive. I know there are plenty who think it is clever to give yourself an advantage. This demonstrates your superiority over the ostensibly dull-witted who keep at the game on its own terms. Unfortunately, this is where it breaks down. The cheater is the dullard, and that's why he's cheating. The pretense to cleverness is his rationalization that he is really the smart one. Clever and smart are two very different things. The sooner one recognizes the difference the easier your life will be. The clever cheat will always be trying to make the smart person feel like an idiot. That's his only way to feel superior.

Well said! Cheaters will say and do anything to make it look like people who bag them do not know what they are talking about. As it always has been, cheaters rely on the naivety and ignorance of others to help perpetuate their use of online cheats.

Old_Canuck
06-08-2007, 01:45 PM
Online cheater exposed (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2j-sehg21g)

ElAurens
06-08-2007, 03:59 PM
As troubling as cheating is I am more troubled that people are so PC as to not name names.

Honestly, not naming the offending parties does a disservice to the rest of us.

The only way to get a handle on this is to call out the offenders, and make sure they are set apart from the rest of the community.

LStarosta
06-08-2007, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by ElAurens:
As troubling as cheating is I am more troubled that people are so PC as to not name names.

The only way to get a handle on this is to call out the offenders, and make sure they are set apart from the rest of the community.

That's only if you have proven beyond a reasonable doubt that they actually did cheat. Otherwise you'd have a lot of Ace pilots getting accused of cheating by lame-o knewberts.

willyvic
06-08-2007, 08:49 PM
I believe the resurgance of the SpeedHack has a lot to do with the new Vista. Some how, some way, it has exposed a hole in the game again. I do not think it is coincidence that speed hacking has increased directly proportionate to system upgrades.

The level of hacking is increasing but has not reached a critical point yet. IOW, it has not become so prevalent as to put me off the game.

An opinion.

WV

AKA_TAGERT
06-08-2007, 08:57 PM
LET THE RUMORS BEGIN!

LStarosta
06-08-2007, 09:01 PM
Now let us not confuse cheats with simple utilities and macros...

willyvic
06-08-2007, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by AKA_TAGERT:
LET THE RUMORS BEGIN!

As you wish...

It has been reported that Tagert is a pixilated peripatetic. Stay tuned for more updates...

Along those lines then?

WV

Dagnabit
06-08-2007, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by ElAurens:

There are obviously reasons why LEBillfish chooses to not name names at this time. And I doubt if PC has much to do with it.
The positive side is that now we all know that there is a squad (at least) that is flying some remarkable manuvers out there. And as balatant as it was described by LEBillfish these people will soon expose themselves.
And since it is not LEBillfish's, or any other individuals responsibility to police the many servers out there I wouldnt say that LEBillfish has done a disservice to anyone, in fact the opposite. Alot of people might not post about it at all, and after some here have chimed in with an accusing tone, or uninformed comment we may not see another post on subjects like this in the future.
Dag

LEBillfish
06-08-2007, 09:45 PM
Well I'm not posting names as;

1. The person who inspired the post was clearly flying a one use nick, so matters little.

2. The squadron has been around for some time in other sims, and of late here....Now of the squadron I think at best I've flown with 4, usually 2-3.........So though that group all used it, I'm not going to lable an entire squadron for a fews actions.........In fact, I've seen them be honorable in the past. This their chance to clean it up, as since folks are looking for it, they'll now get caught.

This isn't a McCarthy witch hunt, not here to put anyone on trial or smear a group or individuals name guilty or not....

Simply an open warning, that being, people are watching and see it for what it is....Clean it up....Or.....

BrotherVoodoo
06-09-2007, 08:51 AM
Cheaters are not welcome in our coops. There is certainly no honor in cheating so I say: Witch hunt, witch hunt, (chants) if this is really true. Can someone post an example of the cheating so we know what to look for? I have seen strange occurances online but I always attribute it to server lag. When you have a couple high pingers in a game interesting things can happen.

MEGILE
06-09-2007, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by BrotherVoodoo:
Can someone post an example of the cheating so we know what to look for?

I realise you meant this quite sincerely.

But after a few years, it becomes a joke phrase.

BrotherVoodoo
06-09-2007, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by Megile:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BrotherVoodoo:
Can someone post an example of the cheating so we know what to look for?

I realise you meant this quite sincerely.

But after a few years, it becomes a joke phrase. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

rgrt Sir. No joke intended, cheating is serious stuff. Maybe as there are no examples to look at, recording tracks doesn't capture the act of cheating?

Hawgdog
08-03-2007, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by DKoor:
, they were simply flying on different game version.

huh? How possible?

Hoatee
08-03-2007, 01:47 PM
Cheating sucks.

Being wrongfully accused of cheating also sucks.

Ken_Det
08-03-2007, 02:12 PM
This is what I have seen on line.
Is it cheeting / you be the juge http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Seeing people fly under water, than pop back out.

Being on some one six putting holes in them, and have them zip to one side or the other about 50 yards give or take.
Smoke trail leaving proof.

Seeing a plane in a group of planes dog fighting suddenly jump in alt. to get the advantage.

This one really made me giggle!
I was comeing in for a landing, and seen a plane with landing lites on above the airdrome zip down to a parking spot on the tarmack, and seening the message that so, and so has landed safely http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

This is just some of the stuff I have seen, and it makes me think whats up with that.
As for recording the proof I realy dont use the record tack option, or even think to set it at the time of take off.
I'm just there to have some fun, and to forget life for a wile.

LEBillfish
08-03-2007, 03:04 PM
Ken, that's actually sounding more like lag glad to say.

leitmotiv
08-03-2007, 03:19 PM
The Fish has been around and she isn't a whiner. When she says something is...fishy, it is.

Whirlin_merlin
08-03-2007, 06:11 PM
Ken that is all run of the mill lag, packet loss type stuff.

Take the example of the speed landing. Some how the bit between lights on flying over base and parked went astray, you never saw it but for him it happened.

Online is often ruled by Raaaid fysics.

Adlerangriff
08-03-2007, 07:37 PM
S!

1.rnzoli "Fly with people you know more or less. Preferably more."

This is the bottom line. Nobody cheats their friends. Its impossible to cheat a friend. Its either one or the other.

II/JG3K.Brandle
VMF323_W.Hood
292IAPYakimenko
and...
Hideki_Matsui

BfHeFwMe
08-03-2007, 08:47 PM
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b363/hoff_mail/hoffin-cheaters.gif

Ken_Det
08-04-2007, 02:51 AM
Yikes http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

SeaFireLIV
08-04-2007, 04:08 AM
I think it`s a good plan not to name names, cos what if billfish`s wrong? This would cause one almighty stink if she was. She`s a long standing member and her reputation would mean many would believe her over an innocent person. I wouldn`t want an innocent crew crucified all over the forums.

If there`s any reasonable doubt, she must not name. Also, some kind of proof (as mentioned) would help matters greatly.

But, if Billfish is ABSOLUTELY certain she`s right about cheating, then I see no reason why she shouldn`t name.

Cheaters must be ostracised and we can`t stop them if we don`t know.