PDA

View Full Version : Any word on sound?

E.Thang
11-13-2004, 03:25 PM
Has there been any 'official' word on voices in the game? In SH2 it gets a little repetative hearing the same voice give the same dry 'Auftauchen' est. It would be nice to have a few different inflections for the same command, that the game could rotate through, or pick depending on the situation. It would also be nice to hear the 'chain of command' and maybe a few background noises; officers whispering commands or commands from the foreward torp room through the IC system est.
The game is going to be much better just by the addition of actually seeing crew members on board, as opposed to SH, SH2, and Aces where you feel like you're on a ghost ship, I just hope they take as much care with the sounds and voices, as they appear to be doing with the graphics. I think it would really give you a sense of 'immerssion' into the game. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Jose.MaC
11-13-2004, 05:06 PM
Something similar happened in M1 Tank Platoon Ii, the voices of the officers became monotonous. Cannot believe everyone had the same voice in all four tanks!

Pr0metheus 1962
11-13-2004, 10:18 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jose.MaC:
Something similar happened in M1 Tank Platoon Ii, the voices of the officers became monotonous. Cannot believe everyone had the same voice in all four tanks! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Man, I wish they would make an M1 Tank Platoon 3. I miss good quality tank sims almost as much as I miss good quality U-Boat sims.

one.zero
11-14-2004, 03:14 AM
"Any word on sound?"

Yepp wang..

Vibrations transmitted through an elastic solid or a liquid or gas, with frequencies in the approximate range of 20 to 20,000 hertz, capable of being detected by human organs of hearing.

"just couldnt resist‚‚ā¨¬Ě

JG27_Arklight
11-14-2004, 10:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Beeryus:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jose.MaC:
Something similar happened in M1 Tank Platoon Ii, the voices of the officers became monotonous. Cannot believe everyone had the same voice in all four tanks! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Man, I wish they would make an M1 Tank Platoon 3. I miss good quality tank sims almost as much as I miss good quality U-Boat sims. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Steel Beasts.

Best tank sim ever created, although graphically dated.

Pr0metheus 1962
11-15-2004, 12:14 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JG27_Arklight:
Steel Beasts.

Best tank sim ever created, although graphically dated. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Steel Beasts had no campaign. In my view if a sim lacks any sort of random or dynamic campaign it lacks replay value. I decided not to get it because I didn't see how it could hold my interest after I'd played through a few missions.

E.Thang
11-16-2004, 09:27 AM
One Zero,
My 12" Sub Woofer goes down to 12Khz, are you telling me I'm not hearing everything?

Messervy
11-16-2004, 09:36 AM
Yep!
I think that you detect those missing 8 khz of one.zero`s scale by other organs (guts for instance)