PDA

View Full Version : [solved] Computer freezes while starting Myst 4

Darion314
10-06-2004, 07:59 AM
Hello all!

I have the following problem:
When I start Myst 4 (after successful installation), a book with some pencils around appears in the center of my screen (some sort of menu perhaps?) and the HD works and works and after a while the computer doesn't respond anymore, while still showing this book. It appears that nobody else has this problem, so I fear that my computer may be the cause of this problem.

I have the latest video drivers and installed dx9.0c after them. The configuration program says everything's fine and the demo runs fine except a few graphic errors around the mouse cursor.
I have a Pentium 4 2.26Ghz, 256MB RAM with a Radeon 7500 (64MB) and on-board sound. My DVD drive is a Toshiba SD-R5002. (edit: I'm using Windows 98SE)

I'm looking forward to your suggestions!

Michael

Side note: I bought the German collector's edition and I'm a bit disappointed that Myst 3 is not included http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif

Darion314
10-15-2004, 04:03 AM
Well, I finally solved my problem! While looking for a firmware upgrade for my Toshiba DVD drive I noticed that I always used my OTHER DVD drive (i.e. not the Toshiba mentioned above) for Myst IV. This one had only some generic drivers and I still don't even know the manufacturer and type of this drive. So thank you anyway for reading my post and thinking about it!

By the way, the radeon fix in the sticky topic works fine for me! I am enjoying the game right now!!