PDA

View Full Version : What has tailhooks?

x__CRASH__x
11-09-2004, 12:03 AM
I've been looking over the aircraft and I'm not sure what aircraft are supposed to have tailhooks, and what aren't. Right now some of the Zeros, which I thought would all have tailhooks, don't! Either they don't, or some aren't working. And the Ki-84's don't?

Does anyone have a list of Tailhook aircraft?

Philipscdrw
11-09-2004, 12:09 AM
The Japanese Army Airforce, and the Japanese Navy Airforce, were very seperate. All the Ki- aircraft are army, and have absolutely no navy equipment like tailhooks. The Zero is the Navy fighter, but some of them were designed to only be flown off Navy airfields, where tailhooks were unnecessary. So some Zeros don't have tailhooks to save weight.

Yellonet
11-09-2004, 02:25 AM
QMB -> coral sea.

All the planes that you can choose have hooks.

x__CRASH__x
11-09-2004, 03:19 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Yellonet:
QMB -> coral sea.

All the planes that you can choose have hooks. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Great trick! But that ain't much! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

stansdds
11-09-2004, 03:55 AM
Early on in the war the Corsair was the same way. Vought and Brewster F4U-1's and F3A-1's had folding wings and tail hooks, but Goodyear built FG-1's did not and on most FG-1's the tail wheel doors were shortened and the section where the hook would have been located was faired over. The FG-1's were all assigned to land bases. This practice stopped with the introduction of the -1C and -1D Corsairs. Ground crews often removed the tail hooks from land based Corsairs that were originally equiped with hooks.