PDA

View Full Version : do we have to use the hookblade while climbing ?

notafanboy
08-21-2011, 01:22 PM
because the climbing animation for the hook blade looks weird, it looks like Ezio spazzes up the wall

ShaneO7K
08-21-2011, 04:05 PM
Other than the ziplines, I can only see him use when climning for jumping that extra distance to another roof and doing the jump that the thieves taught him in AC2 I think it's called the wall jump?

Just because of his age he may need for that extra grip when performing things like this.

naran6142
08-21-2011, 05:25 PM
i think the hook blade has its own control now cuz you can use it in and out of conflict. so i dont think you have to use it if you dont want to unless it is part of a mission

Calvarok
08-21-2011, 06:31 PM
Please don't complain about new animations being added for freerunning. Just don't. It looks like Ezio is leaping and retracting it, which is what he's doing. If you look at some of the multiplayer videos, you can see some animations for when you climb different wall types, and it looks very slick and stylish.

GunnarGunderson
08-21-2011, 07:01 PM
the hook blade probably just replaces the climb leap

Calvarok
08-21-2011, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by BradKinn:
Nope, it replaces all t he default animations, making them more fluid. Climb leap is greatly upgraded, although we've only heard about it, not seen it.

naran6142
08-21-2011, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by Calvarok:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BradKinn:
Nope, it replaces all t he default animations, making them more fluid. Climb leap is greatly upgraded, although we've only heard about it, not seen it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wait so ezio will be constantly jumping around with the hook blade? i mean i wouldn't mind if he takes some of those bigger leaps with the hook blade but i dont want to see it all the time. i like the way the climbing looks. im pretty sure the hook blade has it own control but i cant say for certain

Calvarok
08-22-2011, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by naran6142:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BradKinn:
Nope, it replaces all t he default animations, making them more fluid. Climb leap is greatly upgraded, although we've only heard about it, not seen it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wait so ezio will be constantly jumping around with the hook blade? i mean i wouldn't mind if he takes some of those bigger leaps with the hook blade but i dont want to see it all the time. i like the way the climbing looks. im pretty sure the hook blade has it own control but i cant say for certain </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You see, his animations don't ALWAYS use it, but the default animations are replaced by it. If he has it equipped, he will use it eventually, if you're climbing about something high enough.

The normal animations have been replaced with new ones that both use the hook blade and do not. Trust me, they're not repetitive at all.