PDA

View Full Version : Misconceptions about story...[Spoilers]

SAVMATIC
12-02-2010, 10:56 PM
I really want to set the record straight on some stuff...(Spoilers, obviously)

First of all, you are not playing Desmond's "son". Desmond is a son of Adam. Some people say all humans are "sons of adam", whatever, but more specifically in Desmonds case, he is the last in the bloodline of adam. He must find the daughter of Eve and together their son would be a revival of the DNA of the 1st civilization.
The 6th sense is eagle vision, which they refer to as "knowledge". What this means is psychic sense, more or less. This is a hard thing to represent in a videogame, so when Ezio is seeing things that glow, whats really happening is psychic intuition. This is the 6th sense of knowledge that the ancient possessed.

Ive seen some people speculate about what happened when Ezio touched the apple. What happened is he saw a premonition about Cesare escaping prison. However, and I cant verify this but maybe others can, there seems to be a gap in the storyline of a couple years between when he sees this vision and when he finds and kills Cesare. If this is so...what happened in this gap of time? I have been able to find no clues to this, but I have a hard time believing Ezios story is over due to the strange and kind of lackluster ending to his story in ACB. Have we really seen the last of Ezio?
Make no mistake, you will be spending more time in the animus. At the end of the game after Lucy is killed you hear the voices talking about already putting Desmond back into the Animus. Though I hope we will visit Ezio again briefly, all signs point to a new ancestor. The main symbols we were supposed to take from the ending is the masonic eye and phrygian cap, and official sources mention the French Revolution. France was highlighted on the map shown to Altair by the apple of eden...

dorido
12-03-2010, 09:35 AM
ezio was probably possessed by the apple the same as desmond was. being possessed stops time around the individual which would look like wat we saw happen to ezio.

LightRey
12-03-2010, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by dorido:
ezio was probably possessed by the apple the same as desmond was. being possessed stops time around the individual which would look like wat we saw happen to ezio.
Ehm, that doesn't make any sense at all. For one, Leonardo was with Ezio at the time and also, there's no reason to assume time stood still for Ezio since there haven't been any signs to indicate that. Furthurmore I'm pretty sure that at the end of ACB the apple didn't stop time but simply froze Shaun, Rebecca and Lucy similar to how Desmond was restrained while he was forced to stab Lucy.

recklesschords
12-03-2010, 01:46 PM
Hmm. Very informative.