PDA

View Full Version : New Videos with Creative Director on Gameinformer.com

HSCOnyxAssassin
05-11-2011, 06:27 PM
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/...eative-director.aspx (http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2011/05/11/ac-revelations-meet-the-creative-director.aspx)

Theres the link. If you DON'T feel like watching the video the point I wanted to make is there will be an ancestor to explore in AC3. A quote in the second video confirms it. We all know the numbered iterations of the game is for a new character.
Thats exactly what he says. In that video he's discussing Desmond(whos the only constant main character in ALL games) Altair and Ezio and explains that 3 will be for a NEW character. I took this to mean not replacing Desmond(As this is his story) but giving him another ancestor to explore. I'm super hype for AC right now so I might be over-looking details or looking too much into the frugal words of the new creative director. Thoughts, opinions, and criticisms(Constructive and Harsh) are welcome.

souNdwAve89
05-11-2011, 10:17 PM
I hope that this guy was recommended by Patrice Desilets before he left Ubisoft...

On another note, I find it mind boggling how people do not get the pattern of the games.. It's quite obvious and in your face that a numbered game features a new ancestor.

Requiscent
05-11-2011, 10:40 PM
I like this guy, he seems like he knows what he is doing.

Oatkeeper
05-11-2011, 10:52 PM
Its a huge relief to see this talking about his design philosophy and such. Patrice will forever be missed (and I hugely anticipate what he has to show for THQ this year at E3), but this guy has a good head on his shoulders and I'm glad to see someone competent taking over the role.

Lets hope he can bring good things to the table.

LaurenIsSoMosh
05-11-2011, 11:51 PM
I'll admit, I was extremely concerned about the future of the franchise when Patrice left. I was also a tad bit skeptical of Amancio's history as an art director.

But I'm convinced now that not only does he know what he's talking about as a creative director but also that he's very confident of himself and of his team.

I was interested in his goals of integrating all the mechanics into a play web and reinforcing the core experience, especially so in his insistence of creating a harmony between story and play. I'm thoroughly convinced that, under his direction, Assassin's Creed: Revelations is going to have the richest game play in the franchise, as well as the most relevant.

Long story short: I like this guy.

Lass4r
05-12-2011, 02:34 AM
Alexandre Amancio, will you marry me? <3

This guy just blew my mind with no effort http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_redface.gif

Rea1SamF1sher
05-12-2011, 05:29 AM
I like him too. But I didn't hear him talking about Social Stealth and that's a thing which lose it's importance with every AC title.

shobhit7777777
05-12-2011, 05:40 AM
But I didn't hear him talking about Social Stealth and that's a thing which lose it's importance with every AC title.

I guess we should wait and watch. The Assassins Dens and the Hook Blade are new features and would likely be more promoted....just like in Conviction, the focus was more on the Action segments and the M&E gameplay. I'm sure they would have made major tweaks to the social stealth and which we will see at the E3

Besides the Assassins dens and territory control emphasize the covert war between Assassins and Templars....and underground battle for control. I'm really intrigued. This ties in well with Ezio's role as the Maestro of Assassins.