PDA

View Full Version : AC2 PS3 Feedback/Bug Report

Pages : [1] 2 3

Black_Widow9
11-17-2009, 06:15 PM
Please post here with feedback/bug reports for the PS3 version of Assassin's Creed 2, in order to better assist the Support/Dev Team.

All threads that belong in this Topic may be closed.
Thanks

kyleagius
11-17-2009, 06:23 PM
Ok I have a question that a lot of people have asked!

Is there a known problem with the PS3 Version?
and does anybody know if this is just in the US specific versions?

I don't want my money to have been wasted!
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

SLB_2009
11-17-2009, 06:24 PM
Just watch this:

http://www.gameswire.net/compa...0-comparison_43.html (http://www.gameswire.net/comparisons/assassins-creed-ii-playstation-3-vs-xbox-360-comparison_43.html)

It's the first time in 3 years that I feel sorry for buying a PS3 instead of a Xbox 360 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

JudgeQwerty
playijng the 360 version and I can confirm that aside from my own atrocious playing, I've not experienced any problems.

xxiem3
I'm experiencing exactly the same thing. I played the first game on 360 but this game is unplayable because of the draw in. and for reference I just put in uncharted 2 to make sure it wasn't my ps3. There better be a patch in the pipe or something.

Tarheel_Mark
Same here. Lots of <STRIKE>tearing</STRIKE>. A major blemish on an otherwise excellent game.

Update: I think I got my terms mixed up. It may actually be referred to as a draw error, not tearing. All I know is I spent the last mission running around with a weird, mile-long line running from my head to the sky. That's the kind of problems I keep running into. Mystery lines appearing all over the place.

On a whim I reinstalled my game data and that seemed to help initially, but after 30-40 min. it started happening again. Hopefully that means it can be patched.

Eleopteryx
Oh, I understand. Sorry.

Eleopteryx
Not to be rude, but I explained in the first post.

Basically, when you are moving fast, textures, nonplayable characters, and shadows will fade in to the point where it distracts you from the overall game.

It's hard to appreciate a "living, breathing world" when people suddenly appear in front of you or the face of a building goes from blurry to sharp every time you do a 180.

FcngFanOfEzio
No problem, and thanking for explained me the second time, bye i will get some sleep !

FcngFanOfEzio
Originally posted by Eleopteryx:

Basically, when you are moving fast, textures, nonplayable characters, and shadows will fade in to the point where it distracts you from the overall game.
It's hard to appreciate a "living, breathing world" when people suddenly appear in front of you or the face of a building goes from blurry to sharp every time you do a 180.

I know that, you explained, but i'm not american, and my english isn't pretty good, I didn't understeand what you mean in the first post, sry ;D

FcngFanOfEzio
What is the problems in ps3 ? I have ps3, and i'm goin' to buy ac2 tomorrow, can anybody explain to me the problems? :S

Black_Widow9
I'm going to move this here-
AC2 PS3 Feedback/Bug Report (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4721051016/m/7321087408) http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

GrimReaper4383
11-17-2009, 09:45 PM
screen tearing

TreyIM2
11-17-2009, 09:50 PM
1. Ezio seems to get "stuck" at times and I have to punch to be able to get "unstuck". He can still move while stuck but he doesn't move out of the spot he is in until pressing punch where the punch animation breaks him out of that spot.
It's happened a few times to me and I can't tell u exactly what I was doing each time it happened but the first time I remember it happening while I was running toward some steps going downward and decided not to go down the steps. While changing direction, Ezio just got "stuck" in that spot. Jumping didn't free him but the punch button did.

2. Once, the "excitement" music didn't stop even long after I had evaded trouble.

3. The shadows move "erratically" during the passing of time

Raghsak
11-17-2009, 09:55 PM
only issues i've notice that were sort of a big deal were the focused view range being kinda low in tuscany. but at the same time it was cool to see everything come alive. just me though.

B-MAN_WARRIOR
11-17-2009, 10:09 PM
i just bought ac2 and these problem people are saying about the ps3 version is false. i just think that they are spammers or fanboys for the xbox 360. but in my opinion there are no problems

Eleopteryx
11-17-2009, 10:20 PM
3. The shadows move "erratically" during the passing of time
Yeah they don't move smoothly at all. Everyone second or so you can see them jump from one point to the next.

xxiem3
11-17-2009, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by B-MAN_WARRIOR:
i just bought ac2 and these problem people are saying about the ps3 version is false. i just think that they are spammers or fanboys for the xbox 360. but in my opinion there are no problems
Yes because you haven't had any problems no one else can and anyone who claims to is a troll. What possible motivation would I have to lie? I paid 60 bucks for this game and I'd like for it to work properly, I don't care whether people play it on a 360 or a PS3. Grow up.

procion
11-17-2009, 10:31 PM
Im picking up my black ed. tom. at midnight when SCEE finally release it(along with a seriously overdue Dragonbrain woops DragonageOrigins). I notice alot of gms get patches on release. I'm in New Zealand and we were supposedly the first to buy MW2 at midnight due to timezone +13gmt(my US pals were pming me with questions about MW2). The pooint I'm getting to is that there was a patch 1.00 for MW2 when I got home at 00:25. Was there one for AC2. The blurring isnt because of the chair thingee is it as folk have posted that the 360 version is fine. If this game involves use of the chair at this point could these glitches be due to the user syncing into Ezio in the ps3 version in oppose to different events taking place for any user in the 360 version, or am I pre empting excuses for bad QA by Ubi? I'm still looking forward to this game. I'm sure these issues can be ironed out not Ubi are aware of them. Damn & I thought us Kiwis were getting the gm first in the world. I hate camping anyway. AC2 sounds almost perf

opisamra
11-17-2009, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by FcngFanOfEzio:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eleopteryx:

I know that, you explained, but i'm not american, and my english isn't pretty good, I didn't understeand what you mean in the first post, sry ;D </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No offense mate, but Americans aren't the only people who have good english.

Anyway, back on topic, I'm getting AC2 on the 360. R there any problems on the 360 version?? I didn't experience anything with AC1. Hopefully AC2 is jsut as great (or even better).

mzee323
11-17-2009, 10:52 PM
The Ps3 version is seriously lacking in shadow quality!! there appear to be shadows we dont even have compared to the 360 version(and no it doesnt seem related to brightness but rather internal lighting settings) and the textures seem less defined, tho that may be a shortcoming with the filtering on the ps3?

If we could somehow bring in those lost but IMPORTANT shadows in a patch that would be great!!

Phobos14
11-18-2009, 12:34 AM
Wow it sucks reading peoples complaints about the game that seem to be having a lot of issues because they have a crappy tv.

Only problem i have had is picking stuff up. When doing the first mission where you meet Leonardo and you have to carry the artwork back it took me forever to pick up the box. I kept pressing circle to pick it up and it wouldnt do it. And then tonight i was doing the training for picking up weapons and he wouldnt pick it up and it took a long time to actually pick the weapon up.

xxiem3
11-18-2009, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by Phobos14:
Wow it sucks reading peoples complaints about the game that seem to be having a lot of issues because they have a crappy tv.

Only problem i have had is picking stuff up. When doing the first mission where you meet Leonardo and you have to carry the artwork back it took me forever to pick up the box. I kept pressing circle to pick it up and it wouldnt do it. And then tonight i was doing the training for picking up weapons and he wouldnt pick it up and it took a long time to actually pick the weapon up.
Having a crappy TV wouldn't effect draw in and texture pop you simpleton

B-MAN_WARRIOR
11-18-2009, 04:15 AM
Originally posted by xxiem3:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by B-MAN_WARRIOR:
Yes because you haven't had any problems no one else can and anyone who claims to is a troll. What possible motivation would I have to lie? I paid 60 bucks for this game and I'd like for it to work properly, I don't care whether people play it on a 360 or a PS3. Grow up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

are you angry at me or agreeing with me? I'm confused

jack994
11-18-2009, 09:33 AM
Only problems I have seen so far while playing are the screen tearing and small framerate issues.

I can back this up by a frame rate anaylsis video done by LensofTruth.com which shows that this version (PS3) has marginally more screen tearing and the framerate doesnt equal up to the 360's 30fps at most times.

Source (http://www.lensoftruth.com/?p=16415)

Probably nit picking but if anything was to be fixed it would be this.

Eleopteryx
11-18-2009, 10:35 AM
I just played the 360 version and it looks a bit better. There is a lot less tearing. But there's almost just as much pop-in. I didn't try installing it to my hard drive and don't know if that would help.

Maybe I am expecting too much. None of the reviewers seemed to fuss about the graphics.

The gameplay is great; I just wished the game performed a little better.

mysterypoint
11-18-2009, 10:44 AM
I was playing the game on PS3 for about 30 minutes, no major problems. Then suddenly, as soon as I got all my assassin's clothes and weapons, there were these magic lines running from Ezio and a few NPC at times off into the sky or buildings or wherever. It was like I was attached by a long string to where I got my assassin's outfit. Anyone else experienced this? I kept playing for about 15 minutes and they wouldn't go away. Really annoying!

kainoladd
11-18-2009, 11:10 AM
I'm having a problem at the first point of view of the game (just after "Uisoft presents..."), Up the church with Ezio's brother.
I discover hte map of the city from the point of view and then the character won't move or do anything...

meleh1987
11-18-2009, 11:22 AM
Listen I don't mind xBoX 360 lovers saying that there are more tearing issues and framerate issues on the PS3 (it might be true; cuz apparently no one knows how to program for the system) But it really ****es me off when 360 users compare there graphics to PS3 and say that they are worse (light polygon count and color)

IF YOU HAVE A PS3 MAKE SURE IT IS RUNNING AT FULL CAPACITY
TURN ON RED GREEN BLUE (TO FULL)
AND TURN ON THE SUPER WHITE OPTIONS

USE THE SAME TV AND THEN COMPARE THEM SEE IF THERE IS A DIFFERENCE

THANK YOU

mysterypoint
11-18-2009, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by rmmatt01:
Same here. Lots of <STRIKE>tearing</STRIKE>. A major blemish on an otherwise excellent game.

Update: I think I got my terms mixed up. It may actually be referred to as a draw error, not tearing. All I know is I spent the last mission running around with a weird, mile-long line running from my head to the sky. That's the kind of problems I keep running into. Mystery lines appearing all over the place.

On a whim I reinstalled my game data and that seemed to help initially, but after 30-40 min. it started happening again. Hopefully that means it can be patched.

Has this gone away for you or is it still there? Seems like we're having the same problem. When did yours appear?

Dead-M
11-18-2009, 11:26 AM
Wow, what the hell is this http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif ?
I still haven't got my copy of AC2 yet, but reading all these problems/glitches/bugs in the game, I'm looking less forward to it...
And that says a LOT, I pre-ordered it in June (Black Edition), so I'm not someone who doesn't love/like the game.

I really hope this all get patched http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

davedarave01uk
11-18-2009, 11:29 AM
I'm on 360 only thing I have noticed is that I have been stuck twice, Both times seemed to be from when I'm to kill someone. I got stuck when I was to kill the guy who betrayed my dad.

Lol dam I'm getting into this game too much.

meleh1987
11-18-2009, 11:34 AM
By the way I have the PS3 version and yes there are some tearing issues when the camera moves horizontally while free running and occasional pop-ins which i'm sure are present on the 360 but i have no problems at all (no line form my head to the sky or W/E

phimo123-FR
11-18-2009, 11:39 AM
Yeah... Same for me here... I didn't have problems.

mysterypoint
11-18-2009, 11:43 AM
Hmm, so not everyone is having the same problem as I am. Wonder what could be causing this? Other than the lines, everything else looks great to me. Fantastic game, just wish I knew what was causing these lines.

cloudeater
11-18-2009, 12:11 PM
i have rented four different copies from block buster and they all freeze i have yet to be able to play even 20 mins of gameplay because it freezes within 5 mins of playing.

im not signed in to the PSN nor is the internet on.

Any help?

my system is in a wide open space.

GrimReaper4383
11-18-2009, 12:31 PM

i have it for the ps3. so, im no spammer/fanboy.

bornforhaze
11-18-2009, 01:58 PM
Pop in needs to be fixed. Frame rate is okay and no glitches so far.

cstfrk
11-18-2009, 02:08 PM
Yeah, the shadow movement from time passing is jumpy and distracting. At first I thought my PS3 was glitching. Also texture draw is understandable for such an expansive world but its a really glaring and off-putting distraction to say the least.

Jeefy
11-18-2009, 03:40 PM
Omg, I thought Ubisoft devs said the screen tearing problem was less noticible this time around for the ps3... It makes me sad to hear that there's these issues for the ps3 when I could have gotten a better version for a 360. My game is coming in 2 days and I'm starting to rethink if I should trade it. I really want to play it on the day I get it though =[

xxiem3
11-18-2009, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by meleh1987:
Listen I don't mind xBoX 360 lovers saying that there are more tearing issues and framerate issues on the PS3 (it might be true; cuz apparently no one knows how to program for the system) But it really ****es me off when 360 users compare there graphics to PS3 and say that they are worse (light polygon count and color)
IF YOU HAVE A PS3 MAKE SURE IT IS RUNNING AT FULL CAPACITY
TURN ON RED GREEN BLUE (TO FULL)
AND TURN ON THE SUPER WHITE OPTIONS

USE THE SAME TV AND THEN COMPARE THEM SEE IF THERE IS A DIFFERENCE

THANK YOU
For the nth time, it's not an issue with TVs or monitors because texture pop and draw in don't vary based on the display you're using. I'm playing on an 80 gig PS3 which is less than a year old, I've tried reinstalling, I've tried deleting game data and yet there are still massive frame rate issues and really bad texture and shadow fade in.

igenstilch
11-18-2009, 04:07 PM
Errors i have had to deal with so far...

-Quest related NPCs not spawning, retried the quest 5 times before the NPC actually appeared. (beat up quest in second city, forget the exact name)

- Stuck in door way, I hired some mercenaries, walked into a area to grab loot, the mercenaries clumped together in the door way and when i tried to walk back through, got the stumble animation, and was stuck for close to a minute being unable to move out of it.

-Auto targeting civilian NPCs while surrounded by hostile guards.

-(SPOILER) Altair dream sequence in Acre. Stuck at mid point on exterior of tower, unable to grab onto post to finish the climb. Have tried from multiple angles with running and jumping, he wont grab it. Circled the tower, no other way up.

-(more of a complaint then a bug) Assassination mission in second city, quest text says don't use weapons because the people will recognize if you kill them. when there is no option but to kill them yourself because of their location on top of high towers that hired NPC (thieves) wont climb to. (finished the mission, but flavor text is misleading)

- Game bugged mid quest, the full white screen with the exclamation point in the middle stayed up, it stayed that way for 10 minutes before restarting the system, second time had no issues.

-Hired NPCs suck at combat, used them for a quest where the target NPC was alone, took them 4 minutes to kill the guy. The hired NPCs rarely attack, they just circle, making some missions where your forced to use them a chore, because you have to do all the killing yourself any way or wait for several minutes, would have been faster to send me in solo.

-Character seems to be inclined to grab onto edges with the least possible path continuation (running towards a pile of boxes, a wall with a window, and because of a building height difference, there was a foot long ledge piece near them, all objects in very close proximity; the character grabbed onto the small ledge piece and got stuck, unable to release, though a guard did knock me loose when they kicked my @#$; the other objects had clear paths of continuation) Will latch onto / faceplant even the smallest pole while running.

-Unable to loot while targeted, even though not in direct combat. Was ontop of a tower with a chest, the only opetion for the O button was to loot, im standing on the thing, and only getting the push animation, circled the chest, still only the push animation. Guard at the base of the tower had weapon drawn and was running in place, seemed to be stuck on a box. Waited for a few minutes, no change in options or guard actions. throwing knives missed even though he was running in place. Had to climb down to kill, and climb all the way back up. And it was one of those towers you make the player circle 4 times on your way up to get to the top.

- On multiple occasions, guard awarness and mini map target icons get stuck, had upto 3 at once stuck on the map, even after the target was dead. This lasted until i left the area, they stayed attached through several missions. The guard awerness icon stayed on the same spot on the screen, frozen there, and the target icons on the map were stuck at the angle and distance (relivant to the character icon) they were at when they died. So they followed my character icon around the mini map and large map.

About 7 hours play time so far, will probably run into more bugs / odd programmer choices, which i will post as i find (seems to be my luck to run into most of them, seeing as people on this forum only complain about the graphical errors, which i have as well but wont list because they've already been mentioned). Please E-mail me if you have further question or possible solutions (other then restarting).

Honestly though, when the game does run smooth, I love it.

hoodandezio05
11-18-2009, 04:28 PM
I got the PS3 version as I do with every multiplatform title, because the PS3 is my system of choice. Amyway, there are some frame rate issues Ive noticed while playing, and during cutscences. I too wish developers that arent making an exclusive would do a better job at making multiplatform titles equal, as much potential as the PS3 has we shouldnt be having these problems at all.

With that said, I am very happy with the game and enjoying it, im about 20 hours into the game and loveing it, I just wish more care would have went into making sure the frame rate was cinsistent through out, but please note that frame rate issue isnt constant and deem the game unplayable, it just happens every now and then.

thereader
11-18-2009, 07:37 PM
Please address the frame rate drops and screen tearing if at all possible. The frame rate gets really dicey when running on rooftops in certain areas, or through crowded streets.

Perhaps you can just add a "lock at 30 FPS" option in the options menu? That might be a cheap way of doing it, but all I personally care about is not having the screen jitter and stutter when running around outside. That's like 90% of the game you know? It's very distracting. And frequent enough to be very noticeable and it really affects the experience of free-running through these beautiful cities.

Please release a patch for frame rate issues ASAP. Such an amazing game needs to be nurtured and cared for!

Darkraven38
11-18-2009, 08:36 PM
I've been experiencing a lot of screen-tearing, frame rate and pop ups. Flawless game besides those issues, please address them..>_<

LordDreen
11-18-2009, 08:48 PM
For some reason when I use eagle vision after delivering Ezio's dad's package it get's stuck and I can't leave the vision mode? Anyone have any Ideas how to get out of the eagle vision? Or is this a glitch.

Wytao
11-18-2009, 08:57 PM
So far i have played the game for... Well quiet a while now lol, and i have not noticed any tearing.. I was just wondering for those people who are experiencing that, are you using fat PS3's in general? Because im playing on a slim, just wondering if the reworked processor is leading to less in game issues.

Darkraven38
11-18-2009, 08:58 PM
@canadianbull

I'm using the fat 60 gig ps3, been experiencing LOTS of screen tearing

kainoladd
11-19-2009, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by Dreen:
For some reason when I use eagle vision after delivering Ezio's dad's package it get's stuck and I can't leave the vision mode? Anyone have any Ideas how to get out of the eagle vision? Or is this a glitch.

Good to know I'm not the only one to have this type of bug, I hope there will be a fix :-S

DAS_COOL
11-19-2009, 04:15 AM
Pls Unlock the save data!!!

It's a stupid method and it makes players afraid to play the game, especially with reports of users experiencing data corruption.

Imagine all of your hard works (20~30 hours) all gone in a second! That's right, a horror no one should experience! Unlock the save data Ubisoft!

thereader
11-19-2009, 09:07 AM
Not sure if this goes here, but when I reinstalled the game data the frame rate issues were practically gone. Why is this?

I'm going to play it more today and visit all the cities and hope the FPS stays where it is now. I have a feeling that as I play more and access more of the installed data, the frame rate will start to go south again.

For what its worth, I'm currently in Venice. I was getting lots of frame rate chugging, now after reinstalling the game data they're not there. It feels like a normal game. This is very strange. Why would reinstalling game data fix this? (perhaps only temporarily)

UPDATE:

After visiting previous cities the frame rate is once again poor. Now the smooth gameplay I was experiencing after the re-install is gone. Every time Ezio jumps off a ledge or a building the game chugs, and the screen tears more than when it did immediately after re-installing the game data. Its really a shame. I'm getting tired of playing under these conditions. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Darkraven38
11-19-2009, 10:53 AM
Ubisoft, please we would like an update for the issues concerning some of us at PS3, the frame rate, screen tearing and pop ups, make this game unplayable. Please let us know if you are planning to fix this. I would really regret trading the game in, since I see a lot of potential on the game play and story.

DAS_COOL
11-19-2009, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Darkraven38:
Ubisoft, please we would like an update for the issues concerning some of us at PS3, the frame rate, screen tearing and pop ups, make this game unplayable. Please let us know if you are planning to fix this. I would really regret trading the game in, since I see a lot of potential on the game play and story.

Of course that includes the ability for gamers to back up their save data. It is one of the main reasons why I'm considering about refunding this game... It's up to you Ubisoft!

Fix it or you'll lose your customers.

Cazyjimku
11-19-2009, 04:32 PM
Ok, so I finnaly got to Sequence 14.
so I'm sent back to Villa, but the camera only points towards the ground?
I can still see myself in the minimap as I'm moving, but the camera stays on the ground unless I touch/climb an wall or if I'm in Uncle Mario's castle,but the camera goes right back to the exact same place (pointed to the ground) Right after I [Drop off ledge/exit Castle].

I tried to go to another city to see if it still existed....Guess what? Same thing.

so right now I can not move on.... Please help?

KakashiAssassin
11-19-2009, 07:47 PM
the game just stopped playing sound, then froze

occassional lack of grabing ledges in the water

B-MAN_WARRIOR
11-19-2009, 07:57 PM
the only problem that I've been having is the Draw in and screen tearing also people pop up randomly too. but i haven't had any bugs yet. i really hope ubisoft fix the screen tearing and all the problems mentioned in this thread. please ubisoft fix the problems

PS. also how do you reinstall the game data without losing progress within the game

DAS_COOL
11-19-2009, 08:04 PM
the only problem that I've been having is the Draw in and screen tearing also people pop up randomly too. but i haven't had any bugs yet. i really hope ubisoft fix the screen tearing and all the problems mentioned in this thread. please ubisoft fix the problems

PS. also how do you reinstall the game data without losing progress within the game

Go to Game Data utility, and delete the AC2 install file. Should be about 1.8Gb in size.

Btw why do u want to do that? is it coz of some corruption?

aeglsknight
11-19-2009, 10:40 PM
Issues I have had: for quite a while the game was going great. I've been doing a lot of the side stuff along the way, no major problems. But as soon as I got to Venice, its freezing my whole system frustratingly frequently (only 10 minutes or so of game play). Evidently this is a problem on both platforms, I also had this problem in Assassin's Creed 1, but it was only every 2 or 3 hours, so it was never really a problem.

I've tried cleaning the disc and all that, I'm just hoping that this gets sorted out with a game update patch soon

edit: forgot to mention that I haven't noticed the tearing, popping, or focus problems anybody else has mentioned. I play on a fairly big TV so I think I would have seen it by now

Philxor
11-20-2009, 03:03 AM
I'm absolutely apalled by the level of screen tearing and frame rate issues on the PS3. I feel, frankly, pretty cheated b what is yet another lazy playstation effort by Ubisoft. I am hoping patches are already in the works.

KakashiAssassin
11-20-2009, 04:44 AM
only other problem i have had is those people with the boxes spawning in front of me out of nowwhere during stealth assassination missions.

im sure you guys can see the problem with that http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Hurri211
11-20-2009, 11:26 AM
Well, got my copy today (Black Edition! yay). And things is, I have had only one lag in FPS, and that was for a split second. No other issues for me. I've got all the settings in the display menu turned on or full, and I'm using 120GB PS3 Slim.

P.S. To pick things up, you've got to lightly tap the free-hand button to pick them up.
P.P.S. To exit eagle vision, you need to hold down the button, not just press it. Same with going into first-person view.

mooogleboi
11-20-2009, 12:06 PM
I was directed here by a mod. I'm generally just annoyed with the screen-tearing and occasional framerate drops.

Original post

Got my PS3 copy of Assassin's Creed 2 today which allowed me to assess how the game plays in person.

So I thought I'd go rooftop jumping to see how the game-engine handles things and you can see the framerate dipping. The screen-tearing was also noticeable as soon as the game started.

Its such an amazing game, and this is such as disappointment. Many people were hopeful that Ubisoft would/will sort this out. So this is why I'm posting.

Will we be seeing a patch to alleviate the screen-tearing problems that are three times worse than the 360 version, and fix the framerate dips?

If not, I'm tempted to return the game as a faulty good, as constant screen-tearing and framerate issues really shouldn't be acceptable.

loudfalcon
11-20-2009, 12:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-AjqpUK5Ec This sucks....

orionpaximus000
11-20-2009, 12:11 PM
wow that sucks. i have seen none of these issues on the 360.... yet. I held the PS3 version in my hand for five minutes contemplating it because of bloodlines but in the end I chose the 360 version.

mooogleboi
11-20-2009, 12:15 PM
I've just been reading through this topic. Its sorta sad that Ubisoft has a poor history with PS3 ports...

The fact that they've neglected to do anything with previous games regarding framerate and screen-tearing issues makes me think they won't do anything. I couldn't be more ashamed of the devs behind the PS3 port for these problems.

First and last Ubisoft game I'll be buying.

orionpaximus000
11-20-2009, 12:17 PM
from what I understand, the PS3 is just harder to code for. Guys like Naughty Dog have had nothing but time to do it which is why UC2 is so superb, but guys like Ubisoft are developing for multiple consoles all the time.

AmbientEDGE
11-20-2009, 01:17 PM
It's sad that multi-platform games don't get the attention they deserve in terms of devs taking advantage of both platforms strengths. Based on the screen tearing, frame-rate dipping and texture pop-in it's obvious Ubi's devs didn't take the time to polish it up. AC2 feels, plays and looks unfinished. I only hope the PC version is a better experience than this is. I'm holding off on buying this game. I really hope Splinter Cell is a better experience because with all the time they've had to make that game, it should be damn near flawless...

FlynnTron
11-20-2009, 01:50 PM
I have problems with the polygons of the models. In PS3.

http://www.laps3.com/foro/imagehosting/163134b06714740c27.jpg

http://www.laps3.com/foro/imagehosting/163134b0671479f15e.jpg

Chris6067
11-20-2009, 02:04 PM
My PS3 has had freezing problems with this game ever since 3.10 came out, whenever I do a double assassination the game just freezes right there... Hope they fix this soon, and if they don't I'm gunna be mad.

EngKit
11-20-2009, 03:36 PM
why the AC2 downloadable contain is not available in Asia PS-store?
AC2 theme, altar-suit, extra-map all is unavailable ! then i losing all my Uplay points..... and my download list didn't have any record of assassin creed 2 !

why ??? Asia player also very important & please respect us ok ? i just wanna Ubisoft quickly update back the AC2 bonus download thing for asia ps-store. please.

Jon1983uk
11-20-2009, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by aeglsknight:But as soon as I got to Venice, its freezing my whole system frustratingly frequently (only 10 minutes or so of game play). Evidently this is a problem on both platforms, I also had this problem in Assassin's Creed 1, but it was only every 2 or 3 hours, so it was never really a problem.

I'm in the process of returning my 360 version because of constant freezing after the initial tutorial missions.

Though I started getting console freezing while playing AC 1 recently too, which is strange as the game has been perfect since the day of release for me until the past week or so.
I'm assuming both cases are down to me installing the game to the HDD, it's the only explanation I can think of that the two games share.

DinoSteve1
11-20-2009, 05:08 PM
Is it just me or is anyone else tropheys not working?

davedarave01uk
11-20-2009, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by Jon1983uk:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aeglsknight:But as soon as I got to Venice, its freezing my whole system frustratingly frequently (only 10 minutes or so of game play). Evidently this is a problem on both platforms, I also had this problem in Assassin's Creed 1, but it was only every 2 or 3 hours, so it was never really a problem.

I'm in the process of returning my 360 version because of constant freezing after the initial tutorial missions.

Though I started getting console freezing while playing AC 1 recently too, which is strange as the game has been perfect since the day of release for me until the past week or so.
I'm assuming both cases are down to me installing the game to the HDD, it's the only explanation I can think of that the two games share. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Clear the cache on the 360, That normally sorts any issues out that I have.

Eleopteryx
11-20-2009, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by steveeire:
So far I've been able to get trophies just fine.

Which ones didn't lock that you felt were supposed to?

Tarheel_Mark
11-20-2009, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by loudfalcon:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-AjqpUK5Ec This sucks....

That's exactly what's happening to me. It's really disappointing because I can't help but think something like this couldn't have slipped through QA unnoticed. If Ubi doesn't announce a fix soon I plan on just blowing through the story and selling it. I really liked AC1 and was hoping to plat this one, but those glitches are just too annoying.

Tarheel_Mark
11-20-2009, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by orionpaximus000:
from what I understand, the PS3 is just harder to code for. Guys like Naughty Dog have had nothing but time to do it which is why UC2 is so superb, but guys like Ubisoft are developing for multiple consoles all the time.

That excuse doesn't fly with me anymore, especially for a game that's been in development two years and reportedly had a staff of 400 working on it. I picked this game over MW2 and expected more from Ubisoft.

snow_hawk_88
11-20-2009, 08:55 PM
The trophies haven't unlocked for me, what the hell ubi?

The Ps3 has been out for 3 years and yet you can't develop for it?

thereader
11-20-2009, 08:57 PM
So....any official word on a frame rate/screen tearing patch?

I know its only been out a few days but these reports are starting to accumulate.

Ubisoft?

DinoSteve1
11-20-2009, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Eleopteryx:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by steveeire:
So far I've been able to get trophies just fine.

Which ones didn't lock that you felt were supposed to? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
none its really disappointing, ah i see, if you sync your trophy collection it will work, but i'll have to start again to get the ones i missed :P

cheifhung2low
11-20-2009, 09:39 PM
The game keeps freezing.. i hope ubisoft can fix this, and before they release more games. I'm just finished the masquerade mission and start the one with the fighter freeing and following. On this mission it froze. I turned it on and passed it an on the next mission with them again it froze. music plays still but none of the buttons work. i have to restart from holding down the power button on the ps3. Plus i cant transfer my save game files. I got two ps3s and my other one should be coming home from the shop. Please allow me to copy it to my 60gb Thanks

bushinosaya
11-20-2009, 10:22 PM
I sure hope Ubisoft will "FIX" the desaturated/low contrast graphics. They did an amazing job with this game but 360 version looks superior with its beautifully saturated and contrasted graphics.

I'm not talking about texture resolution here, we all know the PS3 doesn't have as much video memory as the 360, but there is no reason for these bleached out images. Nightime looks like day :/

Other than that, amazing game that get you hooked far too easily. They added what was missing from the first AC and created a world you love to play in and look at ( except for the lack of contrast/saturation ).

Italy is all about colors, please take a look at this. This is the point I keep reading about in most websites talking about that game...

the_hatrix
11-20-2009, 11:11 PM
I have been having A LOT of FREEZING issues after arriving in Venice, especially after killing Marco. Pretty much everytime I do two double assassinations in a row, the game freezes. It also freezes up a lot on side missions (ie. killing thieves, assassination missions, etc)

I just want to let UBISOFT know that there are TOO MANY freezes after going to Venice and it is EXTREMELY annoying. I have restarted my ps3 10 times in 2 hours because of this. I hope a patch will come out for these freezing issues.

ciditin
11-21-2009, 01:43 AM
do you guys have that problem with AC1? Unfortunately, I now have that with both ACs, ffs

ACII_Addicted
11-21-2009, 02:58 AM
oh noooes ! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif i don't want my ps3 to freeze like **** when i get ACII. Please let all these rumors be fake , or please make my Ps3 own everything ? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif I reaaaaaaally need to enjoy this game , my life for 2 months now was depended on it's release date O.o it's like christmas for me the day it arrives ............... ! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Tobi-Saru
11-21-2009, 04:22 AM
I've also experienced the framerate dropping to near 10 fps levels, but this only happens when I go back to a city and try doing race missions/courier missions and is fairly annoying.

I'd love to see a fix for the framerate issues http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

On a side note, I haven't noticed any screen tearing, and i'm running it on a 40 gb ps3 through HDMI on a 26" 1080p lcd samsung

Update: I just experienced my first freeze http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif It happened when I did a double assassination of 2 regular guards just standing in front of me.

mooogleboi
11-21-2009, 04:38 AM
I just hope all the complaints to do with screen-tearing/FPS drops will motivate Ubisoft.

Yours truly, angry mob.

Incandenza
11-21-2009, 09:10 AM
I decided to rent the game before buying and I'm glad I did. Issue a patch for the terrible screen tearing and framerate issues and you'll have another sale (and it sounds like I'm far from alone on this). Until then, I'm staying away from this and every other Ubisoft game.

Do the right thing. Listen to your customers.

AnubisofSumeria
11-21-2009, 09:15 AM
Screen Tearing Galooooore ubisoft!? whats that all about

midnight_owl
11-21-2009, 10:53 AM
Fix the screen tearing. It's bad, playable, but bad. Probably the worst I've ever seen. I don't see how this made it out the door...

TravAss8907
11-21-2009, 01:53 PM
I have Assassin's Creed 2 for the PS3

Here's what happened:
I played about half of the game and then redeemed my uPlay points for the Altair costume and the Auditore family crypt, no problem.

Yesterday I beat the game and got back into the animus. I then collected the rest of the glyphs and 30 of the feathers, no glitches AT ALL up to this point.

That's when I decided to go redeem the rest of my points for the Assassin's Creed theme and the extra knives. After unlocking said items, I exited the game to apply the theme, I checked it out, then went back to play the game.

That's when it happened.
I can no longer get past the screen that says
"This game has been made by people of multiple religious beliefs."

This started on 11/20/09 and still doesn't work. It is not the disk because I was able to return it for a new one, and I reinstalled it as well.

I am very f****ing p****d off about this and I believe uPlay or Ubisoft needs to fix this problem. If anybody else experiences this or knows how to solve this problem please....pleeease reply.

Thank you.

SarshelYam
11-21-2009, 02:36 PM
*sigh*
I was very excited for this game, picked it up on Wednesday and have been plagued with the continuous and game-breaking freezing issues others have mentioned.

NOTE: EARLY GAME SPOILERS

My first was cruising around with Mario to take out the first Pazzi. As I approach the spire he and 2 guards occupy, the audio begins to fade until finally it mutes, at this point my next action ALWAYS locks the console forcing a hard restart.

I deleted the Game Data to see if this remedied the situation, it did not.

I then took a deep breath with the realization that I'd have to start over, I deleted the Save Data. At this point I decided I might as well spend a bit more time scouring the first part of the game in Florence, so I did. I was down to my last mission (escorting my family out of Florence), but I decided to nab the last few Sync locations. I did so and after my second it auto-saved and locked. Loading up the save locks during the load sequence in the Animus.

NOTE: END EARLY GAME SPOILERS

Please Ubisoft...you already have my purchase and I'm doing everything I can to keep from shelving this or trading it in (something I have NEVER done). I want so badly to play it but the game won't let me progress past the first city now and I am greatly saddened by this.

DAS_COOL
11-21-2009, 10:38 PM
This is just a reminder, apart from the 5 pages worth of complaints, it is scary to see all of those data gone when the games just locks up on you.

At least with the save data unlocked, we can still make backup and be assured that if anything happens, we still can continue our game. Whereas at the moment, it's pretty much a walking time bomb!

jimfe4r666
11-21-2009, 11:46 PM
ive heard that a lot of ppl have some trophies who dont unlock.
personaly even if i try i cant unlock the 300f on the floor and the " can see your house from here". I discovered the location but the trophy didnt unlocked.
i hope it will be patched! cause i wanna play the game again!!

AmericanHolyMan
11-22-2009, 02:36 AM
Hello Ubi,

First off I'd like to say that besides two issues, I really like the game and think you did a mostly excellent job. I'm enjoying it very much. Also, I'd like to point out that I am only talking about the PS3 version, which I own.

First off, I'm disappointed that the game doesn't have a vertical sync option. Very disappointed.

The first Assassin's Creed doesn't have vertical sync, however there was a patch available for it on the pc version. I suppose Ubi, that you could make an argument for the "tearing" being there as a style decision (i.e. the screen tearing is a representation and slight [more like bold and constant] representation of the actual processing taking place by the animus as it turns deeply decoded genetic history into a completely realisitic virtual reality) but I haven't read anything in all my research of the internet and your website to even suggest that you've thought of anything that good as an excuse. Instead, you're just pretending that your game doesn't have a vertical sync issue. I'll admit though, it is mainly only when the character is running (which is all the time, actually), but your game is beautiful so please address it, please!

Secondly, and this usually happens when I'm hunting down a codex page, I descend upon four poor unsuspecting guards and quickly dispatch them with two back to back double assassinations via the dual hidden wristblades, except that right in the middle of the second one, my game freezes every time! This is upsetting and this is really the issue that bothers me the most.

I could be painting the town red with the blood of Ezio's victims, but instead the game freezes at the apex of its moment of glory!

Thirdly, the drawing distance from Ezio into the envirnoment could definitely be a little further away.

I've read it here frequently, but I will say that for myself, the color saturation levels of the game don't bother me. I don't think it bothers me because I've set the color settings to full and super white on my PS3, as you should, and am playing on a Sony Bravia which always complements the PS3's signal output. I don't feel like the game is washed out, though maybe it's because I haven't played the 360 version so it hasn't been thrown in my face. I do enjoy the visuals on the OS3 and find Venice to be stunning.

For the most part, those are my real technical gripes with the product.

I haven't finished the game yet but I hope to keep to this list and not have any additional issues.

-Thanks.

KaiBosh23
11-22-2009, 04:05 AM
I'm getting these spikes also.

I have a 1st-gen 60Gb PS3 and had no problems with AC1 or PoP.

It first occured during initial cut-scenes where an inch-wide piece of Lucy's hair was stretched right out the building through the wall. The same spike then stayed with her even during gameplay.

The problem stayed minimal for a couple of hours then started getting more noticeable where sections of buildings spiked up into the sky or across the street. There is no collision with these items, the character walks straight through them. Currently there is a six-inch spike sticking straight out of one of Ezio's pupils. It moves when he moves his eyes.

There is at least one spike showing from somewhere at all times during cut-scenes and gameplay. It's intensely distracting as sometimes the spikes look like a thin platform you can walk on, but obviously you fall through them.

I haven't seen any XBoxers complaining of the same issue and it seems a common trait that people experiencing this problem have a 1st-gen 60Gb PS3.

I was really excited about playing the game but now I'm not really interested.

I really hope it can be fixed with a patch.

KaiBosh

Mossero
11-22-2009, 05:01 AM
I have experienced 2 crashes so far on the PS3 version.

First one: I threw a soldier off one of the ships in Romagna Docks via assassination and he landed on one of the small gondola boats. When I got into the boat and used it to sail the dead body fell off the boat and the game crashed.

Second one: Same experience as in Assassins Creed 1. Had a crash for no reason what so ever during the area loading screen when you're able to walk around. I didn't press anything it just crashed.

- Mossero86 -

ps. I haven't experienced any draw in problems or graphical glitches with my copy, I have the 60gb version with a HDMI cable.

Edit: Actually the only draw in problem I've noticed is in the countryside, red flowers only appear on the ground as you step into the area similar to Black and White 2 when your God hand moves over an area flowers appear... Only in Black and White 2, its intentional XD

gungygussit
11-22-2009, 06:59 AM
For some reason, all of a sudden - if I kill a group of 4 guards in Venice, my game freezes (PS3), I've tried different guards but it's all the same, first two die okay - then the second two freeze it, lame http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Mossero
11-22-2009, 07:55 AM
Just experienced another crash, this is getting annoying.

Venice, on a boat, attacked a soldier, CRASH!

That is pretty poor.

- Mossero -

phimo123-FR
11-22-2009, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by igenstilch:
- On multiple occasions, guard awarness and mini map target icons get stuck, had upto 3 at once stuck on the map, even after the target was dead. This lasted until i left the area, they stayed attached through several missions. The guard awerness icon stayed on the same spot on the screen, frozen there, and the target icons on the map were stuck at the angle and distance (relivant to the character icon) they were at when they died. So they followed my character icon around the mini map and large map.

About 7 hours play time so far, will probably run into more bugs / odd programmer choices, which i will post as i find (seems to be my luck to run into most of them, seeing as people on this forum only complain about the graphical errors, which i have as well but wont list because they've already been mentioned). Please E-mail me if you have further question or possible solutions (other then restarting).

Honestly though, when the game does run smooth, I love it.

Something similar happens to me. In the city with the numerous towers in Tuscany, I had to kill four targets without using MY weapons and after the thieves killed one of the target, its icon stayed on the mini-map. When I looted the body, the icon on the mini-map sticked to the middle of it. I had to restart.

Seriously, I don't have any problem with screen tearing... Maybe this is because i have a 19 inches screen (720p http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif). I guess there is some, yet I don't really see them.

About framerate issues, I didn't see Venice yet, so I can't say... (Yep... Right now, I don't have any trouble.)

I hope we will have an official statement during the week.

berad26
11-22-2009, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by TravAss8907:

Here's what happened:
I played about half of the game and then redeemed my uPlay points for the Altair costume and the Auditore family crypt, no problem.

Yesterday I beat the game and got back into the animus. I then collected the rest of the glyphs and 30 of the feathers, no glitches AT ALL up to this point.

That's when I decided to go redeem the rest of my points for the Assassin's Creed theme and the extra knives. After unlocking said items, I exited the game to apply the theme, I checked it out, then went back to play the game.

That's when it happened.

This started on 11/20/09 and still doesn't work. It is not the disk because I was able to return it for a new one, and I reinstalled it as well.

I am very f****ing p****d off about this and I believe uPlay or Ubisoft needs to fix this problem. If anybody else experiences this or knows how to solve this problem please....pleeease reply.

Thank you.
hey on the mission where u have to find the vault on the codex pages wat do u do, i did wat the guide told me and it didn't do anything

Mossero
11-22-2009, 09:56 AM
Yet another random crash during the area transition period....

- Mossero -

Alvadr
11-22-2009, 10:25 AM
Please Ubi.. Please Please fix the screen tearing problem. Really ruins the experience and its such a shame.

Ewww screen trearing is awful.. Make us happy Ubi.

Otherwise its an excellent game.

djsaiyan
11-22-2009, 11:10 AM
I've also been having problems with freezing in the PS3 version (Master Assassin Edition, running on 3.10 firmware).

Whenever I do two double kills in a row with the hidden blades, the game immediately locks up and only a hard restart fixes the problem.

At least I haven't been having the screen tearing,pop-in and framerate problems everyone else seems to be having. *shrug*

atomsk2k
11-22-2009, 12:24 PM
Screen tearing and frame drops is my main issue which kinda render the game as a bad experience when in large cities. I really love AC games! even the first one. I try to enjoy AC2 as much as i can, but i hate what ubisoft has done with the PS3 version. Get some dev-tools from Naughty Dog people!!!!

Seriously it's a shame if nothing is done to fix things. I assume it's really hard to fix screen tearing at this point, however I really wouldn't mind lowering the graphics (shadows, textures) a bit in order to have a smoother experience.

bsrj22
11-22-2009, 02:21 PM
My game has been freezing non-stop. About every 3 minutes of gametime, and the game freezes. The game even froze on the ubisoft logo once. I'm still in florence, but it always freezes. I have a 60GB that I bought the day it came out. I have only had problems with two games, AC1 and AC2. You guys finally fixed the AC1 problems, so just fix these ones now.

bsrj22
11-22-2009, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by bsrj22:
My game has been freezing non-stop. About every 3 minutes of gametime, and the game freezes. The game even froze on the ubisoft logo once. I'm still in florence, but it always freezes. I have a 60GB that I bought the day it came out. I have only had problems with two games, AC1 and AC2. You guys finally fixed the AC1 problems, so just fix these ones now.
By the way, this happens on both my 60GB and 320GB hard drives. And this is my second copy of the game.

ciditin
11-22-2009, 02:33 PM

I have the same setup as your PS3 60G, freezing nonstop on both AC1 and AC2!
Did you have any solution for AC1 or you have to live with it and now with AC2?
I even have a little hick up with the very first ubisoft logo, anyway I'm losing faith on ubisoft to fix any of this problem.
To save my trouble and money, I won't look at anything having ubisoft on for now.

gungygussit
11-22-2009, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by djsaiyan:
Whenever I do two double kills in a row with the hidden blades, the game immediately locks up and only a hard restart fixes the problem.

At least I haven't been having the screen tearing,pop-in and framerate problems everyone else seems to be having. *shrug*

Snap! - Exactly the same, I can either two 2x double kills, and/or 1 double, 2x single - Immediate lockup, strange thing is I can still hear noises in the background, and not looping noises - I can hear people speaking, walking around me and things going on in the bg, odd.

haldalish
11-22-2009, 03:01 PM
Framerate and screen tearing make this game near unplayable on ps3

ANGERBOT
11-22-2009, 03:03 PM
AC2 is constantly crashing for me. I'm not seeing any of the screen tearing others are experiencing and had no problems with AC1. What I'm seeing looks like two different crashes:

1. Everything on screen freezes. This happens randomly and I don't have to be doing anything in particular (double assassinations, etc.) for it to happen.
2. Interact with a character or switch to map, the screen goes white but background sounds still play. Right before this happens the background music suddenly stops playing.

These happened before and after the 3.1 PS3 update. Tried removing the game data and having it re-copy back to the PS3. I played a different game for a few hours this afternoon and had no problems with the PS3.

bsrj22
11-22-2009, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by ciditin:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bsrj22:

I have the same setup as your PS3 60G, freezing nonstop on both AC1 and AC2!
Did you have any solution for AC1 or you have to live with it and now with AC2?
I even have a little hick up with the very first ubisoft logo, anyway I'm losing faith on ubisoft to fix any of this problem.
To save my trouble and money, I won't look at anything having ubisoft on for now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Sounds like we have the same problems. My AC1 still freezes, but I stopped caring when AC2 was announced. But now AC2 is freezing. And I have the same hicup with the ubi logo. I'm not gonna stop buying ubi games, as I have tons of ubi games that work fine, this just ****es me off though.

ANGERBOT
11-22-2009, 03:53 PM
Just fired it up to give it another go round and it crashed during the opening animation. I wasn't even playing it or in the same room.

Dragonfire126
11-22-2009, 04:15 PM
I've got the game on the PS3 and the only problem i have encountered so far is that all characters hands ect. go through walls and other objects http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif.
And that i sometimes have some framerate drops when going through water vegetation or an area with alot of trees etc.
I play at 1080p HD. Does this make any difference?

EDIT:
I do have one very annoying issue!
The game crashes sometimes when it's just comepleted saving. Happy it crashes AFTER, and not during. But please fix this or give me a solution because it happens alot. not everytime after saving, but alot.

Besides that its a great game!
Great storyline and loads of
missions, thanks for listening Ubisoft!

Tricai
11-22-2009, 04:28 PM
This is seriously weird, I've been playing AC2 for about 4 days and I haven't got a single lockup. My fps rate has been decent, too. I do get occasional screen-tearing when the camera is rotating around the landscape in fast speed, but that's pretty much it.
(and my trophies are catching up just like they should)

Just today I encountered my first real bug, which was in a tomb mission in Venice. Four switches, run to the golden hook-thingy before the runs out. I ran out of time on the fourth one, the hook went back up but never came down again, even when I pressed the switch. I could hear the sounds and all, nothing more. I had to abort that memory and revisit the tomb again, and this time I was able to finish it without any problems.

Just wondering.. for all you whose game is constantly freezing, what PS3 model do you have? I mean, I just got my PS3 only a week ago, and it's 120GB Slim model. My game runs just fine. Could it be that the problem lays on old fat models only? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_redface.gif

Yodaisme
11-22-2009, 04:48 PM
well i've been pretty happy with the game so far , there isn't so many things that keeps bothering me but some sudden npc spawning that lowers the fps also on the assassin mission where you have to follow the thief on one rooftop there is one weird bug that me and my friend got and its continuous spawning of the npc that makes your ps3 freeze , it spawns over 10 guards in few secs

otherwise i haven't noticed anything big
i play with the 1080p resolution but i don't know if that makes any difference

Dragonfire126
11-22-2009, 04:56 PM
Just wondering.. for all you whose game is constantly freezing, what PS3 model do you have? I mean, I just got my PS3 only a week ago, and it's 120GB Slim model. My game runs just fine. Could it be that the problem lays on old fat models only? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_redface.gif

I play an old fat model of 80GB.
One of the newer models of the old design http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif
Used about 30GB on only game data and saves.

mooogleboi
11-22-2009, 05:05 PM
I've now contacted Amazon to request that I return the game for a full refund.

Screen-tearing and FPS issues utterly spoil an amazing game. I won't be repurchasing this until Ubisoft release a patch.

Dragonfire126
11-22-2009, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by mooogleboi:

Screen-tearing and FPS issues utterly spoil an amazing game. I won't be repurchasing this until Ubisoft release a patch.

Keep the game and wait for the patch...

bsrj22
11-22-2009, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by mooogleboi:

I would do this because of my freezing, but gamestop doesn't give you a refund. Oh well, I'll leave the gamestop bashing for another time.

ANGERBOT
11-22-2009, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Tulidragon:

The old fat model (60Gb). A little over two years old.

Edit: If the PS3 Slim came out 9/2009 then Ubi must have tested on the old fat models at some point.

LunziuM
11-22-2009, 05:21 PM
No I don't think so. I'm running the old 40GB and my game runs ever so smooth.

thereader
11-22-2009, 07:35 PM
^ Are you using HDMI? I've got a 2008 40gb and component cables and get heavy screen tearing (mostly on the streets) and regular FPS dips (mostly on rooftops).

btmudd28
11-22-2009, 08:09 PM
Ok so my game froze while it was saving and i had to turn it off during the saving. The data is still on my PS3 and doesnt say it's corrupted. However, when I try to copy the data to an external hardrive, it says it isn't allowed and any time I try to load up my file, it freezes with Desmond in the white space. Could this mean that my data is in fact corrupted?

DAS_COOL
11-22-2009, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by btmudd28:
Ok so my game froze while it was saving and i had to turn it off during the saving. The data is still on my PS3 and doesnt say it's corrupted. However, when I try to copy the data to an external hardrive, it says it isn't allowed and any time I try to load up my file, it freezes with Desmond in the white space. Could this mean that my data is in fact corrupted?

Try uninstalling (deleting) the game data and re-install it. Afterward retry loading your game, if it still hangs, then yes you are screwed.

This is why Ubisoft should unlock the save game when there's a lot of these bugs are around. This way you can make a backup of your save data and avoid restarting from scratch.

Dangz
11-22-2009, 09:41 PM
Very disappointed with the quality of this game. I get heaps of screen Tearing, Frame rate drops, pop-ins etc.. I was expecting these issues that plagued AC1 to be fixed. Why is it the 360 version suffer much less from these problems? These days there is no excuse for poor ports.

I agree the game is great but the technical issues ruin the experience for me. I hope you release a patch soon to rectify these problems.

ciditin
11-22-2009, 10:35 PM
what's the point of being great game when you can't even play it consistently. This is the only series that have this problem (freezing and other that being mentioned in this thread).
And whoever review the game and overlooked this should also be part of this as they probably get paid to NOT talk about the problem!

thereader
11-22-2009, 11:04 PM
^ I also found it strange how the frame rate/tearing issues were glossed over in reviews. I do know that they didn't show up until I got farther in the game. Maybe the reviewers weren't paying attention.

Also, this is what's unforgivable. This is from October:

http://www.gamingunion.net/new...ns-creed-2--496.html (http://www.gamingunion.net/news/ps3-framerate-issues-being-fixed-in-assassins-creed-2--496.html)

They got our hopes up with stories like these, only to have the PS3 winding up being the inferior version with the frame rate and screen tearing ruining an otherwise "nearly perfect" game. Its so much fun, so engrossing, but with the screen constantly jittering everywhere it pulls you right back out of the atmosphere.

Its Monday morning, tell us something Ubisoft!!

Xelig
11-22-2009, 11:20 PM
I've been experiencing this problem quite a lot. No matter the location (this has happened in I think every city) If I throw down a smoke bomb, and then perform a double assassination within the smoke screen, the game freezes. This happens pretty much every time I do this, When Ezio does the standing double assassination, making his body into a T form, the game simply freezes in the smoke screen. This is becoming a great issue because this is a great tactic to get the No-Hitter trophy, my last needed trophy!

tkb5hum2
11-23-2009, 12:57 AM
im having s major glitch at the house in sequence 3. everytime i r try to go to the house it freezes the whole system on me

Spartanist
11-23-2009, 01:47 AM
I have some trophy prob's. I can't get the trophy for poisoning a NPC and then killing it, can't get the trophy for hiding 5 bodies in some hay and I didn't get the trophy for finishing the game + sequence 14.

Will I have to replay AC 2 for those last two?

Propinquity
11-23-2009, 03:15 AM
the above you have to posion, then perform an Air Attack.

as for the hay, took 6 bodies and 1 civilian for it to get for me (yes i killed a civilian with the crappy targetting controls it's easy to do)

Highly dispointed in the game overall, who makes "counter" the same as "disarm" button wise (play "batman" devs, that's how you make it WORK), i mean seriously. Low/High profile seem not to work as well as in AC1.

I'm actually amazed although the game looks better and has more stuff in it, it's not as good as AC1. The only problem with AC1 was the repetative nature of the missions.

that's ALL they really had to fix. and they failed... lol.. it's funny stuff.

Screen tearing, crappy load times (play unchartered 2 guys THATS HOW YOU DO IT), poor animation when jumping... Tomb Raider 1 style 3d model control.

of course since the control system overall is poor on the PS3, seems like an afterthought to put it onto the machine rather than optimise it. (hence the framerate issues, makes AoC launch look like christmas)

overall clunky, poor targetting, combat sucks, killing someone now sleepworthy as all they really happens is enzio goes "rest in piece" rather than the amazing AC1 when they tried to tell them their story behind what they did.

anyone notice when one of them dies near a circle of stones when your attacked by guards, in high profile you can't actually move across certain parts of the play area. This game was tested right http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

it's just a poor showing that should have been much much better. i hope the development team facepalm themselves with this failure.

looks pretty, about it. I mean sure putting in as much "italian" as possible with the info about all the buildings is nice, but essentially useless since they went for a more 'action' game this time around rather than for the slower 'assassination' game of the first one.

can't have everything, the developers should have realised that pretty early... like i said, poor. very poor given the time and feedback from the first one.

it's like creating world of warcraft then giving us vanguard as a sequel.

Mossero
11-23-2009, 05:45 AM
Game just crashed when I lost connection to playstation Network. My internet connection failed for a second, no more than that and my game locked up. Music still playing but not responsive, hard rest was required.

- Mossero -

rknall
11-23-2009, 07:22 AM
Playing on a very first 60Gig PS3, with 720p and 3.10. The only problem I get into is, that sometimes hired soldies block the gates of a door. Mostly in the city in the Tuscany level. Would be nice, if there was an option to free a fraction after you hired them.

To all people with screen issues, have you tried switching your resolution of the PS3? The framerates as well as some of the tearing stuff, could be related to playing at 1080. Just a guess.

Besides that, really great game.

nistepakke
11-23-2009, 07:41 AM
40gig PS3 with 3.10..

Game started to freeze but seemed to "fix itself" after leaving it there for couple of minutes.. then it crashed during saving.. and now im stuck in whitespace when i try to load the game.

Re-install dont work..

Wow, im glad i spent 7hrs on this game.. and now i have the pleasure to do it all again, thanx to an incomplete product that cost me 100$..

SLB_2009
11-23-2009, 07:49 AM
Ubisoft still hasn't said anything about a possible patch? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

I'm getting nervous for when I get the game... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

midnight_owl
11-23-2009, 09:19 AM
@rknall

I've been playing at 720p from the start and switching to 1080p only makes the graphics worse.

It may be that people who don't notice the (constant) screen tearing as much are playing on a smaller screen. At "46 the tearing is glaring. The worst offense I think is that it happens on almost every cut scene. Inexcusable really and probably the worst I've seen in any game, ever.

Having said all that, the game is still fun, hell it's a lot of fun. But as others have said, the screen tearing and frame rate dips really pull you out of the experience. I keep thinking to myself as I'm playing, "dang this game could be really great, if only..."

Neobara2008
11-23-2009, 11:24 AM
The screen tearing is a major problem in some cutscenes, but the much, much, MUCH more prevalent issue with the game is the poor framerate in crowded cities like Florence and Venice. In fact, the only city that i've noticed DOESN'T constantly fluctuate in framerate during free-running is Montigirne or whatever the city you own is called.

Seriously, there needs to be a framerate patch. How can i enjoy free-running when the world around me is constantly lagging? Lock it at SOMETHING, whether it be 30, or 28 FPS. It just needs to be consistent.

Neobara2008
11-23-2009, 11:29 AM
Also, an idea for the poor framerate in crowded areas, why not just remove some of the citizens in any given town? Or make a way for fewer of them to load/become active at a time? It's obvious that the massive amounts of NPCs are what's lagging the game (as less densely populated areas like other towns or the catacombs have a smooth framerate).

The question becomes what's more important to the game? The joy of free running/movement in the game or a few less groups of npcs? I think most gamers would be in favor of the former.

ciditin
11-23-2009, 11:51 AM
but you have to settle for latter to have the former, so ... what's the point creating the game with less then interesting environment and think it'll be great. Besides, they have to test the game in all system to have least bug as possible with all npcs they want to have around. Looks like they don't test the game in the same system users will use as these problems should be obvious enough, and again those review the game couldn't overlook this as they should bother them enough to point it out, but non is mentioned in the reviews.

It's strange that the admins or mods are so quiet about this!

Neobara2008
11-23-2009, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by ciditin:
but you have to settle for latter to have the former, so ... what's the point creating the game with less then interesting environment and think it'll be great. Besides, they have to test the game in all system to have least bug as possible with all npcs they want to have around. Looks like they don't test the game in the same system users will use as these problems should be obvious enough, and again those review the game couldn't overlook this as they should bother them enough to point it out, but non is mentioned in the reviews.

It's strange that the admins or mods are so quiet about this!

The streets in the major cities like Venice and Florence are literally PACKED with crowds of citizens. I'm not going to assume i know how many NPCs would have to be removed to get the framerate to a stable level, but (just throwing numbers out there) if the NPCs were reduced by even 20% to get the framerate stable, i don't think that 20% of the population would be noticeable or even missed if the game was moving at a decent pace. Frankly, sometimes the overcrowded streets are an annoyance when it comes to fleeing the guards.

Speaking of systems though, i'm having problems on a 60gb PS3. If there are people with Slims playing this game i'd be interested to know if you're having problems as well. Just for reference.

TravAss8907
11-23-2009, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by berad26:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TravAss8907:

Here's what happened:

That's when it happened.

Thank you.
hey on the mission where u have to find the vault on the codex pages wat do u do, i did wat the guide told me and it didn't do anything </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry for late reply, what did the guide tell you to do? remember to use the **SPOILER ALERT** tag.

Bojir
11-23-2009, 01:59 PM
Right tech you need to sort this, I have finished the story mode and was walking about in rome and decide that would go upto some guards and greet them with double assassination double blade for the four of them and the game froze just as i am killing the other two guards. So thought one off and restarted the ps3 and done the same thing again and it froze again! I have the older 40gb fat boy ps3. Please sort this! cheers

bushinosaya
11-23-2009, 02:03 PM
I finished the game without any glitch ( and very few low framerates ) BUT now I'm collecting things I missed in the cities, i just got my first freeze while fighting some guards :/
So add me to the list of people who have had freezes...

BTW, I love having crowded street. Less people and the game will lose a lot of its appeal.

Tricai
11-23-2009, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by midnight_owl:

It may be that people who don't notice the (constant) screen tearing as much are playing on a smaller screen. At "46 the tearing is glaring.

Hmm, good point. I'm playing with a "22 tv, so it could be that I don't notice screen-tearing quite as easily.

this whole issue with freezing for some still keeps puzzling me. How come some people are able to play the game just fine, and some people don't? I would understand if something like this happened on a PC version, but.. PS3? It makes no sense, every PS3 should be technically the same.. so should the game discs, I suppose?

And Neobara, I have Slim and have no problems with playing the game. But I guess the model doesn't matter anyway, as it has come down in previous posts.

Bwah, spooky. D:

edit: Btw, another tiny bug in the carnival.. with the minigame when you have to steal ribbons from the ladies. I accidentally double-assasinated two of them (XD seriously. Pressed wrong button.) yet they still showed up as targets on the map.
It's a meaningless bug for sure, since you most definitely aren't supposed to kill those women. But bug is a bug. :'D Just for laughs.

Grandmaster_Z
11-23-2009, 02:21 PM
AI: when you come up to 4 guards guarding a bank/codex room, you just go up to them, double blade 2 of them, the other 2 don't even notice or they do, but you still can just blade them both without them doing anything...lmao

pedram_g
11-23-2009, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Tulidragon:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by midnight_owl:

It may be that people who don't notice the (constant) screen tearing as much are playing on a smaller screen. At "46 the tearing is glaring.

Hmm, good point. I'm playing with a "22 tv, so it could be that I don't notice screen-tearing quite as easily.

this whole issue with freezing for some still keeps puzzling me. How come some people are able to play the game just fine, and some people don't? I would understand if something like this happened on a PC version, but.. PS3? It makes no sense, every PS3 should be technically the same.. so should the game discs, I suppose?

And Neobara, I have Slim and have no problems with playing the game. But I guess the model doesn't matter anyway, as it has come down in previous posts.

Bwah, spooky. D: </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know about everyone else, but for me, it only happens when I pull off a few hidden-blade assassinations in a row (like 2 successive double assassinations, or a double assassination followed quickly by 1 or 2 single assassinations).

I played the game yesterday for 3 hours straight, going from city to city and collecting feathers/glyphs and I didn't have a single freezing problem. Then, when I was about to quit, I thought I'd give it another go. I walked up to a group of 4 guards, double-assassinated the first two and right before the other two could react, I did another double-assassination, and guess what? it froze right then and there.

There has to be a patch coming soon, just like they did with AC1 when the freezing issue was common.

kingofjamaica
11-23-2009, 02:48 PM
I've had numerous freezing issues with the game so far. The real kicker was my last freeze though.

I was playing the game and had gotten to Venice, and was proceeding to do everything there. When I got to the mission with Rosa where you climb that giant church or whatever it is, I decided I'd had enough for a while and quit playing. I later decided to play the game again, only to have the game freeze while autosaving while the game was loading the area(a stupid idea Ubisoft, really stupid). Naturally, this corrupted my save game and instantly wiped out 20ish hours of work.

Long story short, FIX THE FREEZING ISSUES ALREADY!!!! That or turn off the stupid copy protection so I can backup my save games.

Also, the performance is iffy in many places. Simple fix is letting people choose to turn anti-aliasing off. I'd gladly put up with aliasing if it meant a constant 30fps.

Note that all my issues have been on a 60GB PS3, firmware 3.10. I've seen scattered reports that having said firmware increases the frequency of freezing.

I haven't seen the code(nor do I want to, since even simple programs can take thousands of lines of code...), so I have no idea what needs to be done to fix the game, but this shouldn't have even made it into the final product. So basically, just do your jobs and get it fixed.

<span class="ev_code_RED">Please do not bypass the Language Filter or Post in ALL CAPS</span>

kingofjamaica
11-23-2009, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by kingofjamaica:
I've had numerous freezing issues with the game so far. The real kicker was my last freeze though.

I was playing the game and had gotten to Venice, and was proceeding to do everything there. When I got to the mission with Rosa where you climb that giant church or whatever it is, I decided I'd had enough for a while and quit playing. I later decided to play the game again, only to have the game freeze while autosaving while the game was loading the area(a stupid idea Ubisoft, really stupid). Naturally, this corrupted my save game and instantly wiped out 20ish hours of work.

Long story short, FIX THE FREEZING ISSUES ALREADY!!!! That or turn off the stupid copy protection so I can backup my save games.

Also, the performance is iffy in many places. Simple fix is letting people choose to turn anti-aliasing off. I'd gladly put up with aliasing if it meant a constant 30fps.

Note that all my issues have been on a 60GB PS3, firmware 3.10. I've seen scattered reports that having said firmware increases the frequency of freezing.

I haven't seen the code(nor do I want to, since even simple programs can take thousands of lines of code...), so I have no idea what needs to be done to fix the game, but this shouldn't have even made it into the final product. So basically, just do your jobs and get it fixed.

<span class="ev_code_RED">Please do not bypass the Language Filter or Post in ALL CAPS</span>

Note to the guy who edited the post. I didn't bypass the language filter. I flat out used profanity without censoring it at all. Not my fault your filter bypasses itself... Also, posting in all caps is a grammatically accepted way of emphasizing a particular string of text. Only when posting an entire comment in all caps is it to be considered disruptive.

btmudd28
11-23-2009, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by kingofjamaica:

^^ Same here. I just restarted my entire game and had 52% Synchronization... I'm also playin on the old school 60GB and had a few freezing issues prior to the death blow that was dealt while it was saving and I had to turn off my system while it was saving....

Bojir
11-23-2009, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by pedram_g:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tulidragon:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by midnight_owl:

Bwah, spooky. D: </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know about everyone else, but for me, it only happens when I pull off a few hidden-blade assassinations in a row (like 2 successive double assassinations, or a double assassination followed quickly by 1 or 2 single assassinations).

I played the game yesterday for 3 hours straight, going from city to city and collecting feathers/glyphs and I didn't have a single freezing problem. Then, when I was about to quit, I thought I'd give it another go. I walked up to a group of 4 guards, double-assassinated the first two and right before the other two could react, I did another double-assassination, and guess what? it froze right then and there.

There has to be a patch coming soon, just like they did with AC1 when the freezing issue was common. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is exactly what i am talking about! I hate it!

Cornik22
11-23-2009, 05:29 PM
Talking about glitches, you should see this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17IGP89jXMw&feature=related). Someone told the guards there was a party in that roof, lol http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif. Itīs like graduation (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id7I_gk8uSw), except they throw longbows into the air instead of hats.

Plus invincible (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3M-Lx_H58cA) gets a new meaning.

Neobara2008
11-23-2009, 06:31 PM
I think we can all agree that the freezing and frame rate issues are the most important things that need to be addressed in a patch. Personally, i've experienced no freezing, but those two issues most effect the GAMEPLAY experience with AC2, which should make all other improvements secondary.

Screen tearing is bad, but can be overlooked. Constant framerate issues and freezing cannot be. DO SOMETHING UBISOFT!!

acdweeb83
11-23-2009, 08:56 PM
Every Time I return to ACII after turning off my ps3 Ezio will be equipped with the common sword. I have not figured out how to switch it to any of the weapons I have purchased. Please someone inform me if i'm just an idiot but for the life of me I have not found any method of inventory selection between weapons that Ezio owns.

DAS_COOL
11-23-2009, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by Cornik22:
Talking about glitches, you should see this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17IGP89jXMw&feature=related). Someone told the guards there was a party in that roof, lol http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif. Itīs like graduation (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id7I_gk8uSw), except they throw longbows into the air instead of hats.

Plus invincible (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3M-Lx_H58cA) gets a new meaning.

LOL funny videos! Kinda wonder just WHAT THE HELL the QA team were doing!? The level of quality is atrocious.

Now I don't want to say I can do it better, but think about the gamers Ubisoft! At least make the save game unlocked, that way we can save our game from being SCREWED UP by this buggy game.

That way you guys have one less thing to worry/be complained about!

lakie121
11-24-2009, 04:15 AM
hi i have been trying to complete the 10 man continuous kill trophie and i get to bout ten and then my game freezes :S. i have been going to a giant courtyard in venice and luring a load of guards and then using a smoke bomb and using hidden blades to kill them. is there anyway round this?

Virofox
11-24-2009, 04:56 AM
It usually freezes after you do a couple double hidden blade kills on mine other than that I haven't had much problems with it was annoying to get the no hitter achievement though http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Tricai
11-24-2009, 06:25 AM
Hah, I got curious about this and tried double-assasinating to civilians (rude, I know.) and surprisingly, right after the second one my game froze.

So yeah, that's definitely a bug alright D: but it seems to happen ONLY in double-assasinating. One-assasination works just fine, at least for me. But I haven't tried it with smoke bombs yet, so.. I dunno.

xCaptainAmazing
11-24-2009, 11:33 AM
My brother rented ac2 yesterday. It has gotten excellent review scores and I was considering buying it, but the way it is right now completely ruins the experience for me.

I think the screen tearing and pop-in are at the same level on both systems (and if it is possible to improve them both with a patch that would be great), but my main gripe is that the PS3 version specifically has horrible frame rate issues when you are running fast or on rooftops.

I haven't yet witnessed a freeze, but it sounds like multiple assassiniations are triggering it for just about everyone, so it's probably something that needs to be fixed. And I haven't seen that weird line polygon thing happen, but that looks like it needs fixing as well.

So, if these issues can be properly addressed you can probably count me in as a happy future customer. I love ubi, but I feel this kind of thing happens too frequently.

EDIT: Some people are apparently having troubles unlocking trophies. So add that to the list of things to investigate I guess.

midnight_owl
11-24-2009, 11:36 AM
I just watched a video for Avatar (not sure which system) and I noticed a bunch of tearing as well. I think I may have to switch to a "rent-only" policy when it comes to Ubisoft games.

Maestro1880
11-24-2009, 12:20 PM
After 4 hours of playing the game freezes.
I had the same problem with AC1.
So i restart my console but now he want read any DVD or Blu ray disk anymore.

So i called to Sony Helpdesk and this is what they said: Since the warranty has expired, I must now pay 150 euros repair costs.

THANK YOU UBISOFT!!!!!

bornforhaze
11-24-2009, 12:22 PM
They just need to release a patch that fixes the frame rate + glitches.

bornforhaze
11-24-2009, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Maestro1880:

So i called to Sony Helpdesk and this is what they said: Since the warranty has expired, I must now pay 150 euros repair costs.

THANK YOU UBISOFT!!!!! I had the same problem. Dont send it of. Follow this tutorial to fix your PS3. http://community.eu.playstatio...=147&thread.id=28562 (http://community.eu.playstation.com/playstationeu/board/message?board.id=147&thread.id=28562)

bsrj22
11-24-2009, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by bornforhaze:
They just need to release a patch that fixes the frame rate + glitches.
UM AND FREEZING PLEASE. My game is unplayable because of freezing. (and I mean that, I can't play more than 3 minutes.)

Grandmaster_Z
11-24-2009, 03:43 PM
I have finished the main quest and all of the side quests. I put on the Altair outfit (from Uplay), and when I try to replay a side mission, it always freezes when trying to load it. Finally I removed the Altair outfit, and it did not freeze when I loaded up a side quest.

seanon
11-24-2009, 04:24 PM
I was experiencing the same freezing problem that everyone else is reporting on PS3 with the subsequent double assassination, after seeing no moderator post about the issue being acknowledged I started playing around with it (I only need the no-hitter trophy), I was able to successfully complete it by removing altair's armor... may have been a complete coincidence but I had no problem at all with smoke bombs and kills after that.

Yay platinum! now I can take the disappointing title out of the system for good http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Hope the tips helps some of you who are having the problem.

illidan50
11-24-2009, 04:52 PM
ok so the game has ran perfectly fine until i got to Venice and is now freezing. It has froze a total of three times so far and twice on the mission for killing Emilo.

Does anyone else have this problem and anyway to fix it?

cineman52007
11-24-2009, 06:10 PM
Hi everyone. This is my first post in this forum.

Like all of you, I love Assassinīs Creed. And like all you, i was experiencing severe framerate issues on ps3 in AC2. That was until, almost by coincidence, I realised something.

Some time ago, I was messing with my ps3 settings, so i put bd/dvd upscaler ON (video settings) and changed all the music settings. You are wondering "what the hell that got to do with framerate issues on ac2" Well, it turns out that the problem here is not so much low framerates, but stuttering.

SO:

I did something. I turned OFF dvd upscaler (itīs off by default anyway) and put music settings like this:

Audio CD import: AAC 128 kbps
Crossfade Playback 3 seconds
Output frequency 48khz
Bitmapping Type 1
Dynamic normalizer OFF

For some reason, this affects stuttering/framerates in ALL games, or at least a lot of them I had the chance to test. After I did this, AC2 RUNS LIKE A DREAM. You can trust me if I tell you that 95% of the stuttering is gone for good. So please change your settings and test it. It really really worked for me.

And forgive my english, Im spanish XDDD

cineman52007
11-24-2009, 06:14 PM
Oh, and turn OFF media server connection also (network settings)

DAS_COOL
11-24-2009, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by cineman52007:

Like all of you, I love Assassinīs Creed. And like all you, i was experiencing severe framerate issues on ps3 in AC2. That was until, almost by coincidence, I realised something.

Some time ago, I was messing with my ps3 settings, so i put bd/dvd upscaler ON (video settings) and changed all the music settings. You are wondering "what the hell that got to do with framerate issues on ac2" Well, it turns out that the problem here is not so much low framerates, but stuttering.

SO:

I did something. I turned OFF dvd upscaler (itīs off by default anyway) and put music settings like this:

Output frequency 48khz
Bitmapping Type 1
Dynamic normalizer OFF

For some reason, this affects stuttering/framerates in ALL games, or at least a lot of them I had the chance to test. After I did this, AC2 RUNS LIKE A DREAM. You can trust me if I tell you that 95% of the stuttering is gone for good. So please change your settings and test it. It really really worked for me.

okie... Anyone willing to give a try? I'm running out of HDD (coz of tekken 6), so can't try it out at the moment...

bsrj22
11-24-2009, 06:28 PM
Can someone see if that fixes the freezing too?

TravAss8907
11-24-2009, 06:29 PM
I would try it but my game doesn't even run at all. It still freezes at the "made buy persons of many faiths" screen.

With that and the fact that Ubisoft obviously is not in a hurry to fix these problems is slowly diminishing all trust that I have left in Ubisoft.

cineman52007
11-24-2009, 06:32 PM
Try anyway Travass. Also, clean the disc. It may seem obvious, but it helps.

TreefrogGreaken
11-24-2009, 06:48 PM
Also tried your so called fix, and i still have my freezing problem in Sequence 4.

guess I'll just have to wait on Ubi tech support now.

cineman52007
11-24-2009, 06:51 PM
And what about framerate?

ANGERBOT
11-24-2009, 07:23 PM

SO:

Output frequency 48khz
Bitmapping Type 1
Dynamic normalizer OFF

Tried the above instructions and turned off Media Server connection, but it didn't work. I'm experiencing freezing and crashing, though. I've yet to see the screen tear.

Neobara2008
11-24-2009, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by illidan50:
ok so the game has ran perfectly fine until i got to Venice and is now freezing. It has froze a total of three times so far and twice on the mission for killing Emilo.

Does anyone else have this problem and anyway to fix it?

I've been playing for about 40 minutes now and oddly enough i am detecting somewhat of a difference. It may be in my head but i feel like the game is generally smoother now BUT there are still framerate dips more frequently than sites like Lens of Truth or video reviews would have you believe. SO, i have to assume there is still something a patch needs to do to fix it.

If i'm not crazy and the game is actually somewhat smoother though i have to wonder WHY. Are other XMB processes like DVD upscaling actually working in the background of games at all times? Can't be...

UPDATE: I'm now 99% certain that any changes to the framerate were purely coincidental or entirely in my head. I've been playing for about 2 hours and i'm fairly certain the framerate is exactly as sporadic as before. WE NEED A PATCH UBISOFT!!! (Give us a "reduce city population" option or "disable anti-aliasing" option as a quick fix.... PLEASE. If not, this is the last damn time i'm buying a game from you people. First AC1, then Far Cry 2, now this crap.)

cineman52007
11-24-2009, 09:29 PM
For me itīs not somewhat smoother...itīs A LOT smoother. To the point of being surprising and puzzling at the same time. One thing that annoyed me is that every time I used R1 to run(R1 only, not R1+X) it stuttered, badly. So I used that as a reference. Now, it simply doesnīt do it, itīs a fact. After these changes, gtaIV also run noticeably smoother, and so did Fallout 3 (much less stuttering, more responsive). In GTAIV, I swear by God that sometimes it even reaches framerates beyond 30 now.

Generally, iīm always been dissappointed because these kind of tricks never have worked for me, but this really did. Note that it has nothing to do with freezes though. I had ONE freeze in AC2, in about 40 hours of play, and thatīs it.

sjefen85
11-25-2009, 07:28 AM

SO:

Output frequency 48khz
Bitmapping Type 1
Dynamic normalizer OFF

So I've tried this and it doesn't help at all. The framerate issue is still there.

UBISOFT.... Please fix this problem. The low framerate is killing the game and this game deserves to run silky smooth.
It is one of the coolest games of all time, but I cant enjoy it the way I should.

Fix this game for us and I'll buy the next one.

Regards,
Terje

Dragonfire126
11-25-2009, 07:40 AM
The Framerate Problem:
I was playing with these options on the PS3 myself and found out that none of these make a difference.
When I go to Settings > Game Settings > PS Upscaling there are three options; Off, Normal and Full Screen. When I turn it off, the framerate goes out the window, i mean there is lag every three seconds. Normal and Full Screen have no difference in both framerate and graphix, but that could be because i play on a 24" screen. So try this yourself.

Edit: The framerate problem is almost gone when I set it to Full Screen! The only little lag i get is during swimming and VERY crowded streets, as in the whole plaza filled. (pretty awesome to see so many people, gives the game a more realistic feel, keep this setting!)

Freeze when using the Double Hiddenblade Assassinations:
Please fix this as I had one very annoying freeze during a mission and many more!

X-T-I-M-X
11-25-2009, 07:41 AM
Sometimes I assassinate guards with my hidden blades the game freezes completely.

Maestro1880
11-25-2009, 08:01 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Maestro1880:

THANK YOU UBISOFT!!!!! I had the same problem. Dont send it of. Follow this tutorial to fix your PS3. http://community.eu.playstatio...=147&thread.id=28562 (http://community.eu.playstation.com/playstationeu/board/message?board.id=147&thread.id=28562) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It wont work for my system

PlagueDoctor357
11-25-2009, 08:03 AM
Yeah, that's not the games fault.

It was your PS3, which was dying a long time ago if the same problem happened on AC1.

Out of all the people enjoying the game yours freezes.

Sounds more like a PS3 problem than a disc problem.

Might as well go out and get a slim now. I haven't noticed slow down barely at all and the blur effect kids talk about is SUPPOSED to be there when you get stabbed.

I don't see these problems so either it's my slim ps3 or kids just blow stuff out of proportion.

pharos33
11-25-2009, 09:17 AM

SO:

Output frequency 48khz
Bitmapping Type 1
Dynamic normalizer OFF

Hey, this worked for me! At least it has so far. I'm no longer getting the near-constant chugging, only occasional FPS dips. The screen tearing, however, is still there.

I can't really understand WHY this works though...all I did was change one setting (the rest were already at the settings you described). I'll play for a while and see how it holds up.

In any case, thanks for your contribution cineman52007!

UPDATE:

Meh, seems to return after a while. I don't know if this is a placebo or if it depends on the location(s) you're in. Looks like the only thing that's going to fix it is a patch.

bornforhaze
11-25-2009, 09:17 AM
Ah, well it worked for me. So does anyone know when we can expect a MAJOR patch for the PS3?

jack994
11-25-2009, 09:31 AM
Ah, well it worked for me. So does anyone know when we can expect a MAJOR patch for the PS3?

Dont know, but there was a thread I made on here yesterday which showed an employee (or sounded like an employee) of Ubisoft saying on NeoGAF there would a patch soon (Ranger X)...

Source (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=378791&page=67)

sjefen85
11-25-2009, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by Dragonfire126:
The Framerate Problem:
I was playing with these options on the PS3 myself and found out that none of these make a difference.
When I go to Settings > Game Settings > PS Upscaling there are three options; Off, Normal and Full Screen. When I turn it off, the framerate goes out the window, i mean there is lag every three seconds. Normal and Full Screen have no difference in both framerate and graphix, but that could be because i play on a 24" screen. So try this yourself.

Edit: The framerate problem is almost gone when I set it to Full Screen! The only little lag i get is during swimming and VERY crowded streets, as in the whole plaza filled. (pretty awesome to see so many people, gives the game a more realistic feel, keep this setting!)

Freeze when using the Double Hiddenblade Assassinations:
Please fix this as I had one very annoying freeze during a mission and many more!

I'm sorry, but this didn't help either.

Most people don't notice low framerate in games. I do. It's even in most movies out there. I'm not saying you can't see it. Maybe it runs a little smoother and you feel it's fixed. Anyway..... one very easy way to figure out if the framerate is to low is just standing still in the game, then move to right analog stick to pan the camera left or right an focus on the surroundings. You'll see it pretty clearly.

Regards,
Terje

phimo123-FR
11-25-2009, 10:33 AM
Yeah... But... I don't care...

sjefen85
11-25-2009, 11:13 AM
And I can understand that. If you don't notice it while playing the game thats just great for you. I was just trying to prove the problem is not gone.
I see this while I'm playing and thats really annoying. So I'll wait for the patch.

Regards,
Terje

Incandenza
11-25-2009, 12:36 PM
Why aren't any of the contact links working? I'd like to send an e-mail. We really need a fix to the screen tearing problems.

LuxWFC
11-25-2009, 12:59 PM
Has anyone else had this glitch???

If I remember correctly I was in the Venice carnival map at night and I'm on a rooftop...and I'm fighting a guard who is up against an object and he suddenly gets stuck and starts MULTIPLYING every second....so after a minute there is like 50 stuck guards around me...and then my PS3 crashed......

Also had a glitch on Forli map where my horse was glitched on a ledge by the river and couldn't move.

Also had a glitch where I was fighting a guard on a rooftop (again) in Tuscany and I'm fighting him walking up the slope of the roof and I get stuck in the roof, and after struggling, jumping etc my player is completely frozen and I have to restart the game.

Quite a lot of glitches........some parts of the game I don't think are glitches but are stupid like when you throw money outside a codex page guarded room and the guards just let you shuv yourself past them and go in (I know that's the point of throwing money but it's just not realistic) and when you assassinate by pulling someone down a building when you're on the ledge......even if another guard is right next to you talking to the guard you assassinate he doesn't even notice.

jack994
11-25-2009, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by luxwfc:

If I remember correctly I was in the Venice carnival map at night and I'm on a rooftop...and I'm fighting a guard who is up against an object and he suddenly gets stuck and starts MULTIPLYING every second....so after a minute there is like 50 stuck guards around me...and then my PS3 crashed......

This?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdE7R3qvYqE

LuxWFC
11-25-2009, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by jack994:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by luxwfc:

This?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdE7R3qvYqE </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah exactly that, except my PS3 crashed.

Grandmaster_Z
11-25-2009, 01:16 PM
^lmao!!!

mikeoshea2k9
11-25-2009, 02:20 PM
The game froze several times doing the double kill and once jumpinfg from building to building.

The 4th codex page which I collected is not in my database and is nowhere to be found in the game so i presue that this must be some sort of glitch.

ciditin
11-25-2009, 03:52 PM
Might as well go out and get a slim now. I haven't noticed slow down barely at all and the blur effect kids talk about is SUPPOSED to be there when you get stabbed.

I don't see these problems so either it's my slim ps3 or kids just blow stuff out of proportion.
what "stuffs" do you mean kids just blow out of proportion? Those "stuffs" that you see in youtube aren't obvious to your "adult" eyes?
See for yourself for one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdE7R3qvYqE
If the system is the problem, then the Slim PS3 would be more succeptible to the problem since it is newer system and would have been tested the least.
About the other guy PS3, it could be the case that his PS3 was dying until AC1.

Raiki21
11-25-2009, 04:52 PM
There's a bug I've encountered in the town where the Villa is (I forgot the name, sorry), and the Neptune statuette is nowhere to be found. I checked YouTube for the exact location, and going there, I don't see it anywhere. In fact, the small holder that all the statues stand on isn't there either. I had my town fully upgraded by that point, but I might restart my game for the 100% completion.

akirainblack
11-26-2009, 02:44 AM
I was asked to repeat my issue here.
I've had 3 trophy unlock problems, I'm on sequence 7 now and my sequence 2 (despite being listed in the DNA chain as complete) trophy didn't unlock.
I've also dumped over 10 bodies in the same bail of hay and tried dumping 7 bodies in 7 different bails of hay and yet that trophy hasn't unlocked.
I'm also, as I said in sequence 7 having sync'd with every single viewpoint thus far and the trophy for 10 viewpoints sync'd hasn't unlocked either.

Please advise as to what I can do to rectify this. I'd rather not have to start all over again.

IMAmerijuanican
11-26-2009, 02:51 AM
It seems the PS3 version of anything always gets some sort of issue...

Anyways, the game was working perfectly for me and I was having a blast. Any screen tearing reported hasn't given me any problems so that's not what I'm speaking of. What I'm talking about is this issue that people have labeled "White Screen of Death." I was doing the mission where you follow Uncle Mario and his men into Tuscany and right after I killed a bunch of archers and opened the gates, Uncle Mario says to distract the guards.

Right after that, the whole screen goes white with a diamond that has an exclamation point in the middle. It's not necessarily frozen though...I can pause and look into my inventory, I can hear the game's ambient noises, and I can walk and fight guards...but the screen continues to be white and I can't see anything. When I try to fight guards, the picture would come back for a split second but would turn black and then back to white with the same symbol in the middle.

So anyone else have this problem?

kitsune15
11-26-2009, 04:08 AM
Some problems/glitches I've encountered.

3 times during a playthrough Ezio gets stuck on a beam/scaffolding type structure and he just runs in place. I can't move, drop, jump, or do anything. Had to either restart or abort the memory.

Another glitch I came across was on a horse riding around in Tuscany doing a side assassination mission...For some reason, Ezio all of a sudden "stood up" on the saddle--he had the pose as if he was falling. Again, I could not move, steer, or dismount, so I aborted the memory. When it reloaded, I was still mounted, but the horse's legs were inside of the ground--unable to move. I dismounted while the horse...moved around in a glitchy fashion.

Some other problems I've had were in regards to sound: Desmond's voice cut out when he said the line "You must've caught Abstergo's attention".

Thats about all I can remember for now. This was all on the PS3 btw.

rknall
11-26-2009, 09:04 AM
Only bug I came across this far, is the double-double assassination bug, which freezes the game (music still running in the background)

But besides that, got nothing to complain so far.

Souluus666
11-26-2009, 09:35 AM
I've had ACII for a few days and have attempted to play it several times. It freezes sometimes after 20 - 30 minutes sometimes almost as soon as it loads in various spots. I have deleted and reloaded game data, exchanged discs, formated, and downloaded all the updates and firmware. I have an 80GB PS3 and it is an older model. My PS3 plays all my other games fine. I've yet to even make to where Ezio changes to an assassin. The game is unplayable at this stage and I'm hoping to see a patch.

pharos33
11-26-2009, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by akirainblack:
I was asked to repeat my issue here.
I've had 3 trophy unlock problems, I'm on sequence 7 now and my sequence 2 (despite being listed in the DNA chain as complete) trophy didn't unlock.
I've also dumped over 10 bodies in the same bail of hay and tried dumping 7 bodies in 7 different bails of hay and yet that trophy hasn't unlocked.
I'm also, as I said in sequence 7 having sync'd with every single viewpoint thus far and the trophy for 10 viewpoints sync'd hasn't unlocked either.

Please advise as to what I can do to rectify this. I'd rather not have to start all over again.

You need to sync the trophies with Sony's server before playing. Go to the trophy menu and before you select it, press triangle and select "Sync with server". If it fails (which its been doing steadily since MW2 came out), keep trying over and over until it reaches 100%. It might take a few tries but you'll eventually get it.

This same thing happened to me and I had to replay the first three sequences to get a few trophies that didn't unlock. After the sync they all trigger like they should.

eleight777
11-26-2009, 12:07 PM
does anyone know how to sync the ps3 up with uplay so you get reward points

VeNoM-PT-
11-26-2009, 12:24 PM
The reward points are automatically made once you've achieved the action that unlocks the points.
It's written in Uplay.

I've gotta a question, has anyone noticed that some details just pop-up when you get close to them? I mean, sometimes when I start getting close to some characters in the environment they clothes and expression detail takes a very short time to appear, popping up really fast afterwards. I think AC I had this problem, but since I don't remember I just want to check out to see if anyone has noticed this. Maybe I'm to much attention to detail I don't know :P

Pitalla
11-26-2009, 12:27 PM
Hello, maybe this is not really on topic but...
I ve got the 360 version however I wanted to know if it still possible to transfer my weapons from bloodlines to my 360 game.

Or are the bloodlines weapons exclusive for ps3?

I really wanted Maria's sword.

eleight777
11-26-2009, 12:30 PM
ive done 2 of them and there not showing up, how do i get them to show up

bsrj22
11-26-2009, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Pitalla:
Hello, maybe this is not really on topic but...
I ve got the 360 version however I wanted to know if it still possible to transfer my weapons from bloodlines to my 360 game.

Or are the bloodlines weapons exclusive for ps3?

I really wanted Maria's sword.

Well 360 doesn't have psp connectivity since psp is a sony product. So no you can't have the weapons. Just be happy the 360 version works. I can't even play my copy.

DAS_COOL
11-26-2009, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by eleight777:
ive done 2 of them and there not showing up, how do i get them to show up

Hey mate, it's actually hidden in the main menu. When you had the option of playing new game, etc., press triangle to bring up the Uplay menu. Enter in your login name, etc. and it should sync

sjefen85
11-26-2009, 02:19 PM
It would be nice if some of the Ubisoft people could step by and update us a little in this thread. I want to know where they are with these problems.

Regards,
Terje

MishimaAyumi
11-26-2009, 02:34 PM
I too have the problem that the game freezes when I use the double blade (or sometimes just kill my 5th victim) and was unable to get the no-hitter trophy due to that. Removing Altair's amour, as suggested by seanon, however did do the trick. (So it may not be Venice's fault after all... but this is where it first occurred.) I have the 60GB version (since it's release in Europe) and firmware 3.10.

I also had trouble getting onto the beam on the tower in the Altair sequence.

BTW the no-hitter trophy is crap. (Make enemies more aggressive, less chicken!) In an attempt to avoid crashes I went looking for a fight in Florence and other towns and I often managed to round up more than 10 guys and even kill them all in one go, but "the game" decided that I left the fight in-between, because the guards were getting ready to flee.

Zarzung
11-26-2009, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by SLB_2009:
Just watch this:

http://www.gameswire.net/compa...0-comparison_43.html (http://www.gameswire.net/comparisons/assassins-creed-ii-playstation-3-vs-xbox-360-comparison_43.html)

It's the first time in 3 years that I feel sorry for buying a PS3 instead of a Xbox 360 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

If you had bought an Xbox-360 it would have gotten Ring of death after 1,5 year

bornforhaze
11-26-2009, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Zarzung:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SLB_2009:
Just watch this:

If you had bought an Xbox-360 it would have gotten Ring of death after 1,5 year </div></BLOCKQUOTE>also the lighting is better on PS3 which is good.

Spherene
11-26-2009, 05:24 PM
I have the ps3 AC2 and I'm experiencing a few bugs as well.

I frequently get stuck in place as has been reported by others users - usually on a staircase right next to a step. Its as if I'm on the edge of a roof the way Enzio looks down. I use the same method as has been mentioned (throw a punch) to get unstuck.

Also, when using mercinaries as cover, my focus freezes on them so when I leave the cover of the mercs, my point of veiw remains focused on them. The only way to get unlocked is to walk away a considerable distance - unable to see where I'm going.

Lastly, when pursuing a pickpocket or courier, the tackle command isnt an option.... its as if the contextual controls arent in the right context. Its the same with the loot and pick up body commands..... you try to move a body, and end up looting it.

zezimalol
11-26-2009, 06:59 PM
So my game freezes after about 10-20minutes of play now (my total time is probably 15-20hours so far)

Also i occassionally get stuck in one spot and cant move without punching, also i occassionally get stuck walking/standing on a platform. plus theres the places where i get stuck "looking over ledges", except im not on a ledge, im on the floor

Spherene
11-26-2009, 07:20 PM
For you guys who are having problems with AC2, I usually wait for the next version to come out.... AC3 its gonna be awesome! I just know ubisoft will listen to our feedback..... im sure the issues, crashes, ect. will all be fixed in the next one. I cant wait!

pharos33
11-26-2009, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Spherene:
For you guys who are having problems with AC2, I usually wait for the next version to come out.... AC3 its gonna be awesome! I just know ubisoft will listen to our feedback..... im sure the issues, crashes, ect. will all be fixed in the next one. I cant wait!

Its going to be near-perfect on the 360. PS3? Well....uhhh.....

DAS_COOL
11-26-2009, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by Spherene:

WHAT THE HELL are you talking about!? You don't wait for the next game if AC2 is not working. That's just stupid! If a game is not working you tell that to the studio and get them to fix it! It's their job to do it. If they don't, they can expect LOTS of returns.

ANGERBOT
11-26-2009, 10:36 PM
From UBISOFT Technical Support:

If you continue to have this problem after attempting all the tips above, then you should take the game back to the retailer and swap it for another copy. If you continue to have this problem with a new copy of the game, then the problem is most likely with your PS3. At this point you should call Sony @ 1-800-352-7669. We would also like to know the serial and model number of your console. These numbers are listed on the back of your PS3. Thanks for your help.
So, if you've been having crashing/freezing problems, it is your PS3. Spend $150 and send it back to Sony because there is nothing wrong with AC2. Just like AC1. Move along.

ANGERBOT
11-26-2009, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by DAS_COOL:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Spherene:

WHAT THE HELL are you talking about!? You don't wait for the next game if AC2 is not working. That's just stupid! If a game is not working you tell that to the studio and get them to fix it! It's their job to do it. If they don't, they can expect LOTS of returns. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's sarcasm, DAS.

xCaptainAmazing
11-27-2009, 12:01 AM
argh! want this game so bad, but these problems really do ruin it for me. I hope all this stuff is fixable. the one I'm worried about is the crummy frame rate, because that seems like it would be difficult to fix. It's probably a lot of code that would need to be tweaked http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

akirainblack
11-27-2009, 02:58 AM
@Pharos33
Thanks for the suggestion, however I religiously sync with the PSN after every game and double check for any missable trophies before I start a game (even in between changing games) I used to play an MMORPG and I have several friends (from that time) who use my PSN to see what I'm currently playing and how things are going. I often get the sync error when trying to sync but will always keep retrying until it succeeds. It's just those 3 which haven't unlocked thus far, every single other trophy which I should have has unlocked, which is odd.

pharos33
11-27-2009, 01:31 PM
Well, after the sync I replayed the game up until the start of Sequence 4. The two trophies I should have gotten unlocked normally (one was for completing Sequence 3, the other was for getting all 8 statues).

They're not retro-active so you have to do them over again.

SarshelYam
11-27-2009, 02:57 PM
So I think I've localized what is causing my game to freeze.

1) When the game pops up a "Notification", specifically when I'm alerted to a Income at Monteggiori.
2) When I attempt to access my Uplay Reward "Altier's Outfit"...the screen locks when I go into Costumes.

Not sure if this will help or not, but that's that. Whenever I see the Monteggiori notice now I hit select to go into my Map and I haven't locked since.

k.crist
11-27-2009, 04:24 PM
AC2 Playstation 3 80gb original.
Since getting the Altair gear (not sure if this is why) I have a total system freeze when assassinating two people at once. It usually only freezes after I'm in combat and go from one assassination immediately to another. This is occurring in Venice. I could duplicate it multiple times by killing one group of 4 guards (2xdouble assassination) and then going to another group of 4 guards and doing the same thing. Assassinating the second group of two causes the freeze. Let me know if I can be of any more help.

Also, I notice that if you're holding keys or the analog sticks during a cut scene that you have to release them and then press them again in order for Ezio to respond to your control.

phil.llllll
11-27-2009, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by k.crist:
AC2 Playstation 3 80gb original.
Since getting the Altair gear (not sure if this is why) I have a total system freeze when assassinating two people at once. It usually only freezes after I'm in combat and go from one assassination immediately to another. This is occurring in Venice. I could duplicate it multiple times by killing one group of 4 guards (2xdouble assassination) and then going to another group of 4 guards and doing the same thing. Assassinating the second group of two causes the freeze. Let me know if I can be of any more help.

I have the exact same problem with the exact same circumstances.

bushinosaya
11-27-2009, 05:37 PM
I don't know if this is somehow related but I started having freezes after I unlocked the Altair costume from UPlay. Before that, only a couple framerate drops from time to time ( but nothing that would need a fix ). Now, the game is freezing in combat on a brand new PS3 slim :/

drnex1986
11-27-2009, 09:09 PM
During the "What Goes Around" mission, the screen turns completely white, and I am unable to proceed. This has happened at the same time during the mission, each time I attempt to play. I have tried restarting the mission, quitting the game, etc. and encounter the same error each time. After I open the gate for Mario, he tells the character to "distract those guards" and take some of his men. At that point, the screen turns white, a diamond shaped exclamation point appears at the middle of the screen, and nothing I do seems to get rid of the white screen (including accessing the start menu, etc.) What do I do? It seems that this is a fatal error in the game, given that I am unable to proceed with a required mission.

drnex1986
11-27-2009, 09:27 PM
It appears I'm not the only one with this problem, so it's not an issue with disk cleanliness or my PS3 system.

Another poster on IGN has dubbed this the "white screen of death."

"What I'm talking about is this issue that people have labeled "White Screen of Death." I was doing the mission where you follow Uncle Mario and his men into Tuscany and right after I killed a bunch of archers and opened the gates, Uncle Mario says to distract the guards. Right after that, the whole screen goes white with a diamond that has an exclamation point in the middle. It's not necessarily frozen though...I can pause and look into my inventory, I can hear the game's ambient noises, and I can walk and fight guards...but the screen continues to be white and I can't see anything. When I try to fight guards, the picture would come back for a split second but would turn black and then back to white with the same symbol in the middle."
http://boards.ign.com/assassin...186943249/r187206709 (http://boards.ign.com/assassins_creed/b8627/186943249/r187206709)

It appears very clearly that you have a bug on your hands... Please have the developers investigate this issue and publish a fix. There is no way to play the game until this issue is resolved.

XxSYD3WINDERxX
11-28-2009, 04:49 AM
I experienced a problem in which I stole a spear from a seeker and killed him and the battle was over. I picked up his body as to get the spear back out and I carried the spear with me to fight someone else. I was notorius and I got some guards to attack me without starting on them. I then done the cool move on a brute where your spear breaks and you kill him. I then fought with my bare hands, or so I thought I did. It made sword noises and I did sword moves with an invisable sword. I got out my sword to try and correct it and when I switched back to hands my proper sword, the one I bought and you keep, was dropped. I was weaponless and ended up disarming a guard and got his sword. I now have a common sword and can't get my Milanese Falchion. I want it back and I don't know how. Can anyone help?

SarshelYam
11-28-2009, 11:23 AM
Alright...new bug.

So I was attempting Sequence 8: Memory 1 "Birds of a Feather". After locating the Memory waypoint a cutscene begins, then it switches to gameplay (transitioning to a white screen to preload gameplay). At this point the game freezes. I shut down and reload the SAVE and it fails, wash/rinse/repeat about a half dozen times. I find if I mess with Desmond/Ezio in the Animus Load Screen it has roughly a 25% chance of locking so I leave it alone. Anyhow, after multiple attempts it finally loads back into Venizia but...no Waypoint Marker. The only thing that would indicate a location to investigate is a small red highlighted portion of the map. It turns out that not only was I reloaded right into the beginning of Sequence 8: Memory 1 "Birds of a Feather", but the game had not recognized distance from objective and simply allowed me to explore.

That said I made my way to the red highlight on the map and I started to lose synch...then Mission Fail and it reloads and everything is fine. I complete the Memory with no further issues and continue through Sequence 8: Memory 2, but as soon as it's discussed that I need to see Leonardo, again, the game locks at the White screen transitioning from cinematic to gameplay.

pharos33
11-28-2009, 12:46 PM
I got the double assassination freeze last night. Killed two guards at once, all's fine. Went to kill the next two who were standing a bit too close to me and I had a total lock up. Both double assassinations were less than 2 seconds apart.

I did get a hilarious freeze screen though and a great shot for my digital camera.

Ubisoft, this game is a ticking bomb. Please get a patch out soon! Frame rate, screen tearing (both excessive), now freezing? Come on.

Rodriquezz
11-28-2009, 01:15 PM
The combat system kinda sucks.

Enemies circle you, but don't take advanteg of the situation and just stand there, they are not agressive enough - too easy!

The fights are not really challenging, pressing 2 buttons and the enemy dies - too easy!

Nathan-DTS
11-28-2009, 01:19 PM
When doing one of the Assassination contracts (Only just unlocked it after the carnivale begins if that helps to narrow it down) in which I have to kill 3 harlequins. When killing a specific one the games sound goes and the game freezes.

rast00957
11-28-2009, 02:50 PM
Ok UBISOFT, I really want to know if the SCREEN TEARING is gonna be fixed. I own a PS3 40GB and I have been noticing the screen tearing and frame-rate issues even before the 3.10 came out. I exchanged the copy 3 times and everyone of them have the exact same problems. Mostly, you can notice the screen tearing when you are on a roof top on every city. It's on a specific part of the city, and when the game play takes you to that part , it's just unplayable. You can notice that the screen tearing is becoming worse and worse after 40 minutes of play. When the game reaches that standard I need to stop playing, delete the game data and start playing again on the same part and then the screen tearing is less noticeable. But it begins again after 30 - 40 minutes of play. That was the only way that I could finish the game. Constantly, deleting the game data and restarting the game again. The screen tearing is so awful that you can barely see anything. That's the only problem that I have encounter. I haven't encounter the game freezing problem. I just read the post you guys put of the game freezing problems, but I would like to know if you guys are planning on fixing the screen tearing issues because that's the only problem that I have. This is a great game but this technical issues takes away ALL OF THE GOOD EXPERIENCE.

bsrj22
11-28-2009, 03:25 PM
My freezing didn't start until 3.10. Is there anyway to go back to the last firmware?

jack994
11-28-2009, 03:45 PM
My freezing didn't start until 3.10. Is there anyway to go back to the last firmware?

No there isnt, our only hope is for Ubisoft to patch this game and hope they fix it.

shin0181
11-28-2009, 03:47 PM
I'm with rast00957! fix the frame rate/screen tearing on the PS3, it just ruins the gameplay experience! I don't mind if you have to sacrifice some of the graphics in the game.....I'd much rather have a nice, consistent frame rate.

Jon1983uk
11-28-2009, 03:51 PM
Has anyone here reported your complaints to Ubi Soft tech support too?
I did with my 360 freezing issue and got a reply back within 48 hours. Dunno what'll come of it, but is nice to know an actual Ubisoft tech support staff member read my bug complaint and noted it as an extra priority now.

bsrj22
11-28-2009, 04:29 PM
Yeah, I did. They sent me the same bull**** auto response as the first time I tried for a different game. (Prince of Persia)

laffsmuch
11-28-2009, 06:24 PM
I am having the same issue here cloudeater. I get stuck and cannot even get on the elevator to the garage. Trying to see if I can fix it, but it seems it is not the system. I will prolly have to return my second copy for a third.

Originally posted by cloudeater:
i have rented four different copies from block buster and they all freeze i have yet to be able to play even 20 mins of gameplay because it freezes within 5 mins of playing.

im not signed in to the PSN nor is the internet on.

Any help?

my system is in a wide open space.

xCaptainAmazing
11-28-2009, 08:53 PM
I would love it if they would announce that they are working on a patch to address all these things. I'm not going to be impatient, but knowing that they are working on it would put my mind at ease.

bsrj22
11-28-2009, 08:56 PM
I'm with you there dude. Ubisoft just tell us something.

WolFMaNGr
11-29-2009, 01:26 AM
Guys i had platinum ASSASSINS CREED 2 how i can take Altair outfit i have only 10 u!

DAS_COOL
11-29-2009, 04:03 AM
Originally posted by WolFMaNGr:
Guys i had platinum ASSASSINS CREED 2 how i can take Altair outfit i have only 10 u!

Access the Uplay menu in the main screen by pressing triangle. Create your Uplay ID, redeem your points, have fun playing with a buggy costume.

Alvadr
11-29-2009, 04:20 AM
Iv had it with the screen tearing in this game. Its so bad.. It was more of an annoyance when playing in Florence but iv just reached some of the missions in Tuscany in memory block 5 and the tearing is so bad its giving me a headache.. I cant play it anymore. Its like assassins creed 1 all over again.

Its such a shame, they went to incredible detail on recreating these cities, and they do look amazing, but its all totally ruined by abysmal screen tearing. I dont even know why they would release the game in this condition, I would have been happy to wait longer for it while they ironed these things out.

Iv been looking forward to this game all year, more than Uncharted 2 and Mordern Warfare and I am so disappointed that the PS3 owner is expected to pay the same price as its console counterparts when its clearly not up to scratch.

Im going to hold onto the game for a month to see if they patch it, if not im sadly going trade it in.

Balmung32
11-29-2009, 04:21 AM
Don't know if anyone else has posted this, but here goes.

The music is messed up now. I've beaten the game, downloaded all the extra goodies from uplay, and am finishing up side missions. When I start one, though, there's no music. Once the mission's finished, it starts up again. Sometimes the music won't start at all when I go to a different town or area, and I have to get in a fight to make it start (doesn't always work, though).

I've tried deleting the game data and re-installing it, but it still happens. Startted a new game, still happens.

Anyone else have this problem? It really is ****ing me off because I love the music in this game, and now I have to work to get it going?

drnex1986
11-29-2009, 12:26 PM
Yep, my PS3 froze today while playing the game (jumping off a ledge in Florence).

I love how the Ubisoft manual says that there must be something wrong with OUR PS3s, instead of their buggy games. Never mind that my PS3 has never frozen before...

Really, the ubisoft response is the height of arrogance.

skull2477
11-29-2009, 12:51 PM
So Im wondering when games companies are going to stop adding 90's style timers on missions as they get a tad boring when youve a time limit I suppose the next generation developers in the next 20 years time may do this as right now im lothing time restraint missions I'm an assain you dont get given a time limit and your adding tomb raider style puzzles and at least those are free raoming also ive noticed when on the xbox 360 you jump forwards from one place to another and were its not been coded correctly the assain jumps to the left so when is there going to be a real tester in your company who irons out all the bugs as i was starting to enjoy the gameplay untill i had to do quests within a certain time so 1990's and boring /sleep and to top it the same type of pull lever syndrom cant you think of anything else more origanl? like you gave him the ability to swim and you didnt explore that funtion enough could of added under water tunnels etc with air pockets dotted all over instead of the tombs were they are mostly the same thing on a timer.

IplayonPS3
11-29-2009, 01:00 PM
Other than my game freezing when I kill too many people quickly, I haven't run into any game crippling bugs.

Although missing Fly Swatter is a little annoying, but that is not in any shape or form a bug.

Nathan-DTS
11-29-2009, 01:21 PM
Ok so I've had multiple problems. Firstly, the game has crashed on me a few times most notably during an assassination contract were I had to kill 3 officials dressed as Harlequins.

Secondly, I've had trophy issues in which from sequence 9 onwards I haven't gotten my trophies.