PDA

View Full Version : PF Wish List (NOT PLANES or MAPS)

ReligiousZealot
10-31-2005, 04:30 PM
Despite the obvious lack of much needed airplanes (I'll list them later) I have few other things I'd like to see added to PF, and hopefully will be present in Battle of Britain.

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>Environment:
<LI>Dynamic or variable weather
<LI>more frequent white caps on water=3
<LI>rain effects on windscreen
<LI>ability to enable accelerated time

AI:
<LI>AI has less "haxor" skills
<LI>enable ship AI in multiplayer
<LI>enable ship AI to have some set pattern of attempting to dodge attacking aircraft
<LI>enable tank/ground force AI in multiplayer

Multiplayer:
<LI>ability to spawn aircraft on runways in more realistic formations
<LI>allow servers to activate a delay start to force better team work
<LI>ability to set number of each aircraft allowed (isn't there a utility that allows this)
<LI>allow players to multi-crew bombers in dogfights
<LI>allow "plane jumping" or respawn in coop
<LI>better integrated VOIP technology to replace seperately run teamspeak server
[/list]

Alright I lied with the title, I just wanted to add a few aircraft and maps I think are essentials for completing the Pacific Theater.
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
Flyable Fighter(s):
<LI>Kawanishi N1K1-J Shiden "George"
<LI>Vought F4U-4 Corsair
<LI>Ki-27 "Nate"

Flyable Torpedo Bomber(s):
<LI>Douglas TBD Devastator
<LI>Nakajima B5N2 Type 97 "Kate"
<LI>Grumman TBM-1C Avenger
<LI>Nakajima B6N2 Tenzan "Jill"

Flyable Late war Dive Bomber(s):
<LI>Curtiss SB2C-1C Helldiver
<LI>Yokosuka D4Y1 Suisei "Judy"
<LI>Fairy Barracuda (yes, they had them, go here (http://www.fleetairarmarchive.net/Aircraft/Barracuda.htm))

Flyable Medium Bomber(s):
<LI>Martin B-26 Marauder
<LI>Mitsubishi G3M "Nell"
<LI>Mitsubishi ?? "Sally"
<LI>Douglas A-26 Invader

Flyable Seaplane(s):
<LI>Vought OS2U Kingfisher

Misc:
<LI>Northrop P-61 Black Widow
[/list]

At least seeing them as at least AI would be wonderful, but the chances of that are slim, especially for the American aircraft (I realize that some of these are already AI only).

As for maps, I know "The Slot" and a better representation of Western European actually allowing you to fly across the channel.

Beirut
10-31-2005, 04:47 PM
Three words:

Triggers

Mosquitos

Lancasters.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

ReligiousZealot
10-31-2005, 06:41 PM
Lol, I totally forgot to add stuff about European theater, I'll have to edit it at some point. But Amen to that brother.

JadehawkII
10-31-2005, 07:50 PM
Good thread. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif
I hope by the time they seriously consider this in a year or two or more, they will have sorted out the Copyright thingy and include the Much missed P-47N. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Happy Halloween all! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

Nimits
10-31-2005, 11:14 PM
Well, we have a de facto P-47N in the P-47D released in the latest patch . . . Maybe its time for de facto Avenger . . . http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Tully__
11-01-2005, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by ReligiousZealot:
...I have few other things I'd like to see added to PF, and hopefully will be present in Battle of Britain.

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>Environment:
<LI>Dynamic or variable weather
<LI>more frequent white caps on water=3
<LI>rain effects on windscreen
<LI>ability to enable accelerated time

AI:
<LI>AI has less "haxor" skills
<LI>enable ship AI in multiplayer
<LI>enable ship AI to have some set pattern of attempting to dodge attacking aircraft
<LI>enable tank/ground force AI in multiplayer

Multiplayer:
<LI>ability to spawn aircraft on runways in more realistic formations
<LI>allow servers to activate a delay start to force better team work
<LI>ability to set number of each aircraft allowed (isn't there a utility that allows this)
<LI>allow players to multi-crew bombers in dogfights
<LI>allow "plane jumping" or respawn in coop
<LI>better integrated VOIP technology to replace seperately run teamspeak server
[/list]
A lot of this is being considered for BoB (including the triggers mentioned in another post). It remains to be seen how much of it makes the release.

Most of them definitely will not make it in PF.

cybertybo
11-03-2005, 01:11 PM
The ability to use multiple monitors like FS2004.
Specifically the ability to display the instrument panel on a second monitor.
used CRT's are cheap, and most good video cards have dual display technology.

d9720267
11-03-2005, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by cybertybo:
The ability to use multiple monitors like FS2004.
Specifically the ability to display the instrument panel on a second monitor.
used CRT's are cheap, and most good video cards have dual display technology.

I second this motion, as well as the ability to display the forward, left and right cockpit views on 3 separate monitors.

neural_dream
11-03-2005, 01:38 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif Togglable historically accurate random breakdowns. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

I will keep suggesting that until i see it http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif.

VFA-25_Peckens
11-03-2005, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by neural_dream:
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif Togglable historically accurate random breakdowns. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

I will keep suggesting that until i see it http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif.

i would love to see that 2

darkhorizon11
11-03-2005, 10:21 PM
Of all the flaws in this game (besides stalls and other aerodynamic stuff), I'd say the most lacking thing is ships.

Even only a couple of these would make a world of difference.

Yamato
Yorktown
Bismark
Queen Elizabeth (battleship)
USS Independence
Hiryo
Hiyo
Ark Royal
Gneisnau
Scharnhorst
maybe one or two other assorted models of transport ships

Given we probably won't see any of those but a man can dream... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

cybertybo
11-04-2005, 06:15 AM
It's already possible to use three monitors for left, center and right views with Nvidia and Matrox. Use Horizonal span, change your res to match and save aspect in conf.ini. The transition field takes some getting used to but it works.

major_setback
11-04-2005, 08:16 AM
I want: The ability to replace default skins with user-made skins for dgen campaigns, so that your favorite skins are default for all aircraft (note: not just for the players aircraft).

csThor
11-04-2005, 09:18 AM
You can already do that, major_setback. It takes a bit of editing, but it does work. See my answer to your thread here (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/23110283/m/3191057373).

d9720267
11-04-2005, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by cybertybo:
It's already possible to use three monitors for left, center and right views with Nvidia and Matrox. Use Horizonal span, change your res to match and save aspect in conf.ini. The transition field takes some getting used to but it works.

Are you absolutely sure this works with nVidia cards? Remember, you would need 2 of them to be able to drive 3 (or 4) monitors. I'm not going to get too excited just yet, but if you're right then my (and Dexmeister's) prayers have been answered.

Also, what is the 'transition field'?

ReligiousZealot
11-04-2005, 09:51 AM
d9, don't forget to include me in that praying for 3 screens :P.

tferrell
11-04-2005, 10:31 AM
I would like to see better training/practice missions. It seems like a neccesity for the diverse selection of types of aircraft and missions and the number of commands that must be binded to the joystick and keyboard. (Especially with level bombing missions). Other than watch the training video for the HE-111 there is no way to effectively practice putting the bombs on target other than creating missions and flying them repeatedly.
Timmy

Tater-SW-
11-04-2005, 10:34 AM
In addition to some ideas posted above I'd like to see ships dealt with more realistically as targets. Easier to create visible damage (notably fires/smoke) and harder to sink. By harder I mean that it should one, take longer in general to happen, and two, not be as fomulaic in result. Sim coders tend to look at things differently than an old board or miniatures game author might. Ships should have a random lookup table for a certain amount of damage effect. Have weapons do some fixed damage to overall structure, then have a "critical hits" table based on the weapon type and where it hit (superstructure or hull).

Sometimes a 100lb bomb will find the depth charges on deck, and the DD blows uplike the Arizona or Hood. Other times a 1000lber will hit and not sink her. Seriously, base a simple damage table on what the miniatures game Harpoon uses. It's a lookup table, it can't be that hard.

The end result should be a realistic feel to operations vs ships, not some poor attempt at modelling specific hits (which is pointless unless the DM for ships is as fine grained as the weapons).

I'd also like to see just a little bity of lateral thinking applied to stuff that is already in the game now, or has been in the past and is now gone.

Simple reskins of a few ground objects, for example. Paint the **** tanker gray already for the PTO! Reuse some ships from AEP for PF by just taking the Soviet Navy flag (or Romanian, or KM) off of them! Maybe apply the new DM to them as well (shoot away the guns, etc). Another idea would be to allow planes to be parked again (wasn't 100% before though).

Make it possible to set planes with gear down again off the runway, even if it takes the old normfly->takeoff->normfly routine to do so.

Here's another EASY idea. Increase the reaction range to ground targets for AI so that I can lead a flight of SBDs at 14,000 ft and be able to say "attack ships" directly below without hearing "unable" and having to circle down to unrealistically low alt to get them to attack.

tater

Archer_F4U
11-04-2005, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Tater-SW-:
Here's another EASY idea. Increase the reaction range to ground targets for AI so that I can lead a flight of SBDs at 14,000 ft and be able to say "attack ships" directly below without hearing "unable" and having to circle down to unrealistically low alt to get them to attack.

tater
I would really like to see this, it's annoying to see have seen a fleet for some time, watching their AA fire at other attackers, and then for your flight to refuse to attack http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

The other thing (which I'm pretty sure is unlikely due to the game engine) is some larger maps. Say, PNG, large enough that you could fly for a few hours from the southern end (or maybe even the northern coast of Australia) to a fleet north of PNG and attack them, from Bougainville to Rabaul, the Slot, or from England to Norway or England to France and not be limited to a very small section of either country.

ParachuteProne
11-04-2005, 04:24 PM
In FMB I would like to be able to set how likley it is that a flight will be included when the game is run.

Mark

Skoshi Tiger
11-04-2005, 10:50 PM
I know its nothing to do with the actual sim part of the sim, but I really miss the encyclopaedia part that was included in the Janes series of sims. (WWII fighters was very well done) Having real life video of the aircraft in action,Interviews with the aces that fought in the planes, and walk throughs of the aircraft really got me into the mood of things. I really hope something like that is included in BOB!

I still use WWII Fighter on the LAN I've set up at home when my nephews (7 and 9 Yr olds) turn up for the holidays. I can't keep the little tackers off it. Take that you Gerry!!!!

Noram1979
11-05-2005, 12:28 AM
Make a new key to drop empty rocket launchers tubes on P47-P38 etc

DmdSeeker
11-05-2005, 05:35 AM
I'd like to see:

1) A shift button enabled in joystick settings. Using the shift button is the only reason for running Saitek stick software (Aces high does this very well with the concept of "stick sets").

2) At least a mission; but hopefully a campaign for every single flyable in the game; or the means to produce one with out downloading some third party utility

3) the ability offline to replicate online settings such as icons.

4) MUCH better documentation on the aircraft; ESPECIALY the differeing German boost controls.

5) More map options (I want waypoints without icons; for example).

6) The ability to check the briefing notes in flight (no; I didn't buy a computer to clutter my desk with pens and paper).

7) Better joystick tuning/trimming interface. Regardless of how I map my rudder; and regardless of how the game sees my rudder; the joystick settings window still thinks my rudder is mapped as default; and I can't set trim sensitivites at all.

8) Better AI. They fly and fight better than they used to; but they still fly into hills

9) Better commands. I'd like to be able to jump to or skip waypoints when flying solo; currently you must be a flight leader.

AFJ_Locust
11-05-2005, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Beirut:
Three words:

Triggers

Mosquitos

Lancasters.

Triggers

Mosquitos

Lancasters.

cybertybo
11-08-2005, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by d9720267:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cybertybo:

Are you absolutely sure this works with nVidia cards? Remember, you would need 2 of them to be able to drive 3 (or 4) monitors. I'm not going to get too excited just yet, but if you're right then my (and Dexmeister's) prayers have been answered.

Also, what is the 'transition field'? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I had it working with two monitors and two cards. 5700le agp and 5200 pci. (I only had two cards and two monitors)Of course the monitor split was right in the field of veiw, so two monitors is pretty useless. Since all Nvidia cards since the 5200 can accelerate opengl accross multiple monitors and multiple nvidia cards, the third monitor should be no different.

A couple of points:
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>Frame rate sucked, it was a lot lower than the unaccelerated 5200.
<LI>You had to turn on ST3C texture compression and lower realism so that the PCI card wouldn't crash.
<LI>The transition field (think angled horizon) between the monitors doesn't seem to line up very well during banking.
<LI>All monitors had to be the same resolution and color depth. [/list]

When I got my dual head 6600 gt, I had nothing but lockups and the PCI card no longer worked at all. Either the card was defective or I was overextending my Power Supply (450W)with my four hard drives and peripherals. I returned it and now I'm waiting for my 9800 xt ATI card. I will post here to see if the PCI Nvidia and ATI can work together.

If you had a decent two-headed card like the 6600gt, the problem would be that you would have to lower your settings to whatever kind of PCI card you could dig up. Since PCI doesn't access system memory very efficiently, the textures would need to be compressed (if they fit at all).

The potential saviour to this is PCI-express and SLI, but of course we are talking serious money... and no guarentee of success.

What I am waiting to try on the ATI card is 'verticle spanning', so that I can see out of the cockpit on the top monitor and the gauges on the bottom. Since they would both be driven off of the same card the frame rate should be halfway decent.

VT-51_Razor
11-08-2005, 03:39 PM
The one thing that would really make PF for me, is for Oleg to employ catapults on the carriers. In addition to coops (moving ships), this would greatly facilitate DF servers with carrier operations. As it is now, they are just a joke.

I ask for this in lieu of his modeling actual wind in the game because I think it might be technically easier to do the cats.

hotspace
11-08-2005, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by AFJ_Locust:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Beirut:
Three words:

Triggers

Mosquitos

Lancasters.

Triggers

Mosquitos

Lancasters. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What they said along with a Spit XIV http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Hot Space

dk91
11-08-2005, 05:50 PM
adding to ur list of bombers, i would like to see flyable:

B-29 (ohh yea!)
B-17

also, i think they need to add american battleships, like:

USS New Jersey
USS Arizona
USS Missouri
etc.

marc_hawkins
11-08-2005, 06:49 PM
Despite my saying (probably to myself) that i've got my hands full with the aircraft currently available, seeing the finnished mossie on prangster's site has me slavering after it like a crazy man, especially after watching 633 sqaudron on the telly the other week.... DA, DA, DA, DA, DA, DA!

Oh and the lanc of course.

ReligiousZealot
11-08-2005, 07:40 PM
What we do have in this sim, I am eternally grateful for, but it seems the little things are missing. Like effects needed to complete the feel of realism. Sure, some new aircraft are always welcome but what about fixing the "problem(s)" with the game before giving us more aircraft.

I find this rather amusing that what seems to be the simplist lines of code to change the game a great deal are completely absent. I don't claim to be a professional programmer so I don't know what is possible, but it just seems like some things that need to be corrected are constantly being over-looked and drowned out by the "More Planes! More Planes!" crowd. I just have to say, don't get me wrong, new planes are awesome, but some little things here and there to add to the realism would be a lot cooler for me...just my opinion.

ckur
11-08-2005, 11:23 PM
I would like to have:

-Better sounds for the sim (engine, guns) or the possibility to replace the soundfiles.

-Triggers and the % true factor to mission builder like CFS2 had. Would make single player missions a lot more varying and interesting.

FSNS_CH

Peacemaker_PL
11-09-2005, 08:32 AM
fix water=3 stuttering.

Peacemaker.