PDA

View Full Version : Selecting return to base option: is there penalty?

MonsterZero1973
06-04-2007, 09:55 PM
When I complete all my patrol objectives and expend torpedoes can I select the "Return to Base" option without a penalty? Or do I need to actually navigate the boat into the home dock to get max renown for the patrol?

danurve
06-04-2007, 10:16 PM
Many players beleive there is a penalty for "return to port" in mid-patrol. That simply isn't so. You simply don't earn the extra for sailing all the way back to base.

http://www.mysh3.info/shiii/index.php/Renown

Just as your not penalized for skipping your patrol grid. You simply forfit the extra renown if you have another plan, run out of fuel, shadowing for attack etc.

edit It's another reason why when using a resupply of friendly base the Null grid realy isn't a big deal to me.

silent_slum77
06-05-2007, 10:56 AM
Does the date change at all when selecting end patrol rather than returning to your base?

Example: If I'm in my patrol and it's, say, September 9th and I hit return to base, does the mission end on September 9th or does the game calculate the time it would take to actually return to base? I'ev never really payed attention to that.

Some u-boat patrols during the war lasted for a couple months. My patrols during the game only take an average of a few days. I'm just trying to find ways to stay at sea for months on end.

Aragorn87
06-05-2007, 04:55 PM
weeks, not months.

silent_slum77
06-09-2007, 06:09 PM
Anyone know if return to base time is factored in when you select end mission return to base when I'm really far from port?