PDA

View Full Version : CH Fighter stick usb help

jessi1
05-06-2005, 12:33 PM
Can any one give me quick way to set up this joystick with the software, it comes with a heck of alot of directions wich really i dont have all day to configure. Do i have to create a map then save it and load it(how)to get the game to rcognize it, these directions are confusing and theres just too much to read, i just need a quick and simple way to set up the joystick(input sensitivity for pitch,roll, yaw mainly) what is a smooth input for those settings, i fly the fw 190s so i need them to be smooth, not to jerky. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I went to the ch forums and got no help.

jessi1
05-06-2005, 12:33 PM
Can any one give me quick way to set up this joystick with the software, it comes with a heck of alot of directions wich really i dont have all day to configure. Do i have to create a map then save it and load it(how)to get the game to rcognize it, these directions are confusing and theres just too much to read, i just need a quick and simple way to set up the joystick(input sensitivity for pitch,roll, yaw mainly) what is a smooth input for those settings, i fly the fw 190s so i need them to be smooth, not to jerky. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I went to the ch forums and got no help.

Butonga
05-06-2005, 03:16 PM
Yah, it can be very confusing. At least for me and appearntly you. Some people probably are wondering what's all the problems people have setting up a CH set-up, to me these things are a pain in the butt to use.

Try going to http://www.ch-hangar.com/forum/ but specifically this thread http://www.ch-hangar.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=731

Mainly you gotta remember that other then flight surfaces, buttons on the joysticks are matched to keystrokes for the game and thats all the maps really are. All too confusing for me, so I just use other peoples configurations. Go to that site and download one. Load it using the software..then you must download it within the software, close out and hopefully it works. I am just barely able to get my FS/PT/PP's to work, so hopefully someone with smarts on this will explain it in baby language.

For the longest time, I didn't realize that after you downloaded a profile, open up CH control manager, loaded the profile into the manager, that you had to DOWNLOAD ONCE AGAIN by hitting that dowload icon button within manager that looks like a joystick in front of a return arrow. Then close out.

I was convinced the stuff didn't work. People would reply to me "did you download a profile and load it into the mamanger?" And I would be like, " yep, sure did and it doesn't work" And they would be like "Well, then I don't know what the problem is." And I would be frustrated because thats $150x3 and the stuff doesn't work.

When they asked if I had downloaded the profile, I assumed they meant after getting a profile from the site, did I load it into the CH Manager...which I did.

And when I told that yes yes I sure did load a profile into the manager, they probably assumed I knew to also hit the dowload button in the manager to load that profile I just loaded into the manager onto the sticks....which I didn't. You guys gotta tell me these things man, I don't just naturally know lol.

Finally I read that thread on basic programing for a ch stick, step by step and realized that a profile had to be loaded twice. Once from the file you downloaded from wherever into the Manager, then you hit the download button within the manager so it will download it to the stick....I think. Anyway, once I started doing that, the stuff mostly started working and it works alot better then my X45 setup, although, the x45 was ton easier to setup intuitively.