PDA

View Full Version : Game setup.

cafflier
09-24-2005, 03:58 PM
Please excuse the dumb question, but...
When I installed the game a long time ago, I remember setting up controls. There were a few I wanted to change now, but can't remember how.
a) Percent of brakes applied when the key is pressed.
b) Fuel tank selection.
c) All of the "Polygon Stipple" and "Stencil Buffer" type stuff.
How do I get back to these?
Thanks

cafflier
09-24-2005, 03:58 PM
Please excuse the dumb question, but...
When I installed the game a long time ago, I remember setting up controls. There were a few I wanted to change now, but can't remember how.
a) Percent of brakes applied when the key is pressed.
b) Fuel tank selection.
c) All of the "Polygon Stipple" and "Stencil Buffer" type stuff.
How do I get back to these?
Thanks

FoolTrottel
09-24-2005, 04:42 PM
a) Well, a feature that is new to me. If you ever find out, tell us!
b) Not modelled in game
c) Better read this: IL2 Setup Explained by Covino (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/ubb.x/a/tpc/f/23110283/m/6651075613/p/1)

(You sure we're talking 'bout the same thing here? IL2 Sturmovik/Forgotten Battles/Pacific Fighters?)

Have Fun!

stansdds
09-25-2005, 04:59 AM
As far as I know, brakes are either on or off, no in between and there are no parking brakes or differential braking using toe brakes (although differential braking can be simulated to a degree by applying brake, rudder, and throttle at the same time).

IL2 selects the fuel tank for you, don't question it, it's hard coded and can't be changed.

Graphics set up is a nebulous endeavor, suggest going to the link provided by Fooltrottle. Alternatively, you can just select the card from the pull down menu in the game setup program (found in the Il2/AEP/PF main folder) and then use your graphics card software to set the values.

Tully__
09-25-2005, 08:38 AM
You get proportional brakes only when they're assigned to an axis (in the HOTAS CONTROL section of the controls screen, right at the bottom). The key assignment is either full on or full off.

On initial application the brakes take a moment or two to reach full application, you can sort of simulate partial braking with the keyboard control by rapidly pressing & releasing the key.