PDA

View Full Version : New HID drivers on windows update for Saitek X-52. Can't get them though,anyone help?

Mysticpuma2003
09-19-2005, 10:40 AM
Guys, I have been talking with Richard Neville at Saitek Customer Support, after the new SST Programming software brought nothing but BSOD's to my PC.

Apparently I should have updated the HID with new drivers on windows update. The problem I have is that my windows update is corrupt.

When I go to the update page, it hangs on the "Checking Version" page and I never get to the custom install page, where I could find the new HID drivers.

Strangely with automatic updates turned on I get all the critical updates via the icon that appears on the task bar, but can't access the site.

I've gone down every knowledgebase route, but to no-avail.

Anyway back to the original problem, Saitek don't have the HID drivers on their site, but I understand (probably wrong though)that if someone has downloaded an update, it is stored on the computer, and can be saved so that if you re-install the windows software, you don't have to download them all again they can be saved to be re-installed after a format.

My question then is, am I right in the above statement, and if so, cvan anyone e-mail them to me if they can access them?

Thanks again, yours (very hopefully and optimistically) Neil.

Mysticpuma2003
09-19-2005, 10:40 AM
Guys, I have been talking with Richard Neville at Saitek Customer Support, after the new SST Programming software brought nothing but BSOD's to my PC.

Apparently I should have updated the HID with new drivers on windows update. The problem I have is that my windows update is corrupt.

When I go to the update page, it hangs on the "Checking Version" page and I never get to the custom install page, where I could find the new HID drivers.

Strangely with automatic updates turned on I get all the critical updates via the icon that appears on the task bar, but can't access the site.

I've gone down every knowledgebase route, but to no-avail.

Anyway back to the original problem, Saitek don't have the HID drivers on their site, but I understand (probably wrong though)that if someone has downloaded an update, it is stored on the computer, and can be saved so that if you re-install the windows software, you don't have to download them all again they can be saved to be re-installed after a format.

My question then is, am I right in the above statement, and if so, cvan anyone e-mail them to me if they can access them?

Thanks again, yours (very hopefully and optimistically) Neil.

Taylortony
09-19-2005, 11:09 AM
http://www.visualflight.co.uk/forums/post.asp?REPLY_ID=...74&method=ReplyQuote (http://www.visualflight.co.uk/forums/post.asp?REPLY_ID=23695&TOPIC_ID=4374&method=Reply Quote)

A link to the software you were trying to get might come in handy

FoolTrottel
09-19-2005, 11:24 AM
You can try it this way:

Windows Update Catalog (http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/catalog/en/default.asp)

- Find driver updates for hardware devices
- Select: Input Devices
- Select Saitek
- Select your OS
Go! (19 Results)

No guarantees here!
I do not have any Saitek Hardware !!
I haven't tried them drivers!

Good Luck!