PDA

View Full Version : is it me or...

enz0ablo
11-23-2009, 06:55 PM
i think in this game they really messed up the throwing knifes. in the first game throwing knifes were really useful because of the one hit one kill but know most enemies require two knifes. IDK , i just thought they messed it up for realism's sake

SemperAtheos
11-23-2009, 06:56 PM
Yeah, it's a little weird, but it's not a big deal.

An_Idea
11-23-2009, 07:01 PM
well now you have the gun which is 1hko, and theres the special knife attack that throws 3 knives at once, i think that it was a fair trade

Dudebag
11-24-2009, 12:26 AM
I am totally with you on that. In AC1 the throwing knives were a godsend and great for doing those annoying informer assassination contracts or picking off archers from the rooftops without attracting attention to yourself but in AC2 they are pretty much useless. They were good in the beggining for taking out archers when it only took 1 hit but that was it, you couldnt use them for assassination contracts because as soon as you hit somone with the knife it would alert them (and not kill them) and you fail the mission.

I think the gun was supposed to be the substitute but it comes too late in the game which by then I had pretty much done all the Assassination side quests.

DeathBlade139
11-24-2009, 12:33 AM
Not all enemies in the first game were 1 hit kill either. In fact, you can spend hours throwing knives at a single (fully armored) Templar and he'll just get thrown off balance; same goes for other heavily armored enemies.

In some ways, they made the knives better, seeing how you can take down brutes with just 2, despite their being clearly more heavily armored than the Templars (which I think is a bit unrealistic).