PDA

View Full Version : stall warning physics

raaaid
02-24-2006, 08:39 AM
prior to 4.01 i would use the stall sound to know the limits of my plane

in 4.01 i realized that when stalled the plane rolled in the same sense than the torque

post 4.01 the roll warning was still usefull but this time it rolled oposite to the torque

i have the feeling the in 4.01 was wrong and in posterior ones was correctly modelled

my question is from where does come this stall warning as roll

it cant be the torque because its oposite to it

maybe the propeller generates a vortex, i studied that a fluid going thorugh a vortex will revers sense

well maybe the air is spinning oposite sense to the torque after having gone through the propeller vortice and that causes the roll when stalling

but its odd the air enters the propeler spinning one sense and comes out spinning the opposite sense

so would it be correct to say that the wash out is oposite sense than the propeller?

raaaid
02-24-2006, 08:39 AM
prior to 4.01 i would use the stall sound to know the limits of my plane

in 4.01 i realized that when stalled the plane rolled in the same sense than the torque

post 4.01 the roll warning was still usefull but this time it rolled oposite to the torque

i have the feeling the in 4.01 was wrong and in posterior ones was correctly modelled

my question is from where does come this stall warning as roll

it cant be the torque because its oposite to it

maybe the propeller generates a vortex, i studied that a fluid going thorugh a vortex will revers sense

well maybe the air is spinning oposite sense to the torque after having gone through the propeller vortice and that causes the roll when stalling

but its odd the air enters the propeler spinning one sense and comes out spinning the opposite sense

so would it be correct to say that the wash out is oposite sense than the propeller?

TX-EcoDragon
02-24-2006, 11:32 AM
I thought we answered this in that other thread on the same subject?

raaaid
02-25-2006, 04:57 AM
cheese have i been dumb:

the propeller turns right what means the torque is left and the wash out is the same sense than the propeller,right

everything correct in the game so far