PDA

View Full Version : Co-op Online play

Spec260
04-30-2006, 03:15 PM
Im just wondering how does it work in vegas, I was dissapointed with ghost recons co-op.

Ghost recon made it out to be like it was going to be like single player just with people online instead of AI for your team. But the co-op sucked compared to single player campaign IMO.

I would like to see Vegas have a true co-op online experience. Where you actually go thru missions/levels to get to the next one and as you do the story progresses. I dont like how you can just choose any mission online and play it. Id like to see the cutscenes and stuff after beating a mission like in graw where your in the helicoptor and stuff and get your new orders then on to the next mission.

They could just make it so when you join a game on co-op it puts you in a room with people that are on that mission you are or if you already beaten every mission then you can choose to play anyone you want over again.

What do you guys think?

Spec260
04-30-2006, 03:15 PM
Im just wondering how does it work in vegas, I was dissapointed with ghost recons co-op.

Ghost recon made it out to be like it was going to be like single player just with people online instead of AI for your team. But the co-op sucked compared to single player campaign IMO.

I would like to see Vegas have a true co-op online experience. Where you actually go thru missions/levels to get to the next one and as you do the story progresses. I dont like how you can just choose any mission online and play it. Id like to see the cutscenes and stuff after beating a mission like in graw where your in the helicoptor and stuff and get your new orders then on to the next mission.

They could just make it so when you join a game on co-op it puts you in a room with people that are on that mission you are or if you already beaten every mission then you can choose to play anyone you want over again.

What do you guys think?

Catpuss
05-03-2006, 06:47 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Spec260:
What do you guys think? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, GRAW is shocking for co-op missions. The missions are little more than a small handful of terrorist hunts. The main game missions really should have been put into the co-op game.

Lockdown had some potential but was ruined by missing difficulty options leaving it too easy and generally being a run-n-gun game.

Lockdown could really have done somthing unique if the sniper levels had been implemented in co-op mode like they were in single player. Sadly it was a wasted opportunity (as with the helo missions to some extents in GRAW).

RawKryptonite
05-03-2006, 11:14 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Spec260:

What do you guys think? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Couldn't agree more. I really like GRAW 360, but the online co-op missions, my favorite way to play these games, is a disappointment. GRAW Xbox played it like the single player, which was great--except for the horrible lag making it unplayable.

I'd either like to re-play single player but as co-op, or have it structured like Splinter Cell Chaos Theory where the co-op happens simultaneously and even comes in contact with the regular single player storyline. Mainly, make it as good as single player and make it just as long.