PDA

View Full Version : Question About AI

Kocrachon
07-09-2006, 01:48 PM
Ok I got a question. I am flying a mission where there are 2 flights of He-111s and a flight of FW-190s. The mission of the HE-111s are to bomb a section of stalin grad.

Now, when I fly the mission as the FW-190s, the AI bombers hit the city every time with no problem.

But once I take the position of the lead bomber, I fly over the target, I drop my bombs, but my AI sit and do nothing. I tell them to "Attack My Target" but they dont say or do anything. I tell them to Attack Ground All, and they attack enemy AA thats off course instead. What do I have to do to get the AI to bomb the target when I am flight leader?

Kocrachon
07-09-2006, 01:48 PM
Ok I got a question. I am flying a mission where there are 2 flights of He-111s and a flight of FW-190s. The mission of the HE-111s are to bomb a section of stalin grad.

Now, when I fly the mission as the FW-190s, the AI bombers hit the city every time with no problem.

But once I take the position of the lead bomber, I fly over the target, I drop my bombs, but my AI sit and do nothing. I tell them to "Attack My Target" but they dont say or do anything. I tell them to Attack Ground All, and they attack enemy AA thats off course instead. What do I have to do to get the AI to bomb the target when I am flight leader?

slipBall
07-09-2006, 02:29 PM
Try reading through these, maybe you will find your answer, good luck

http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~chapman/il2guide/fmbguide/targets.htm (http://people.ee.ethz.ch/%7Echapman/il2guide/fmbguide/targets.htm)

http://www.jumpintojapan.com/index.html

Ballistic4N6
07-09-2006, 03:30 PM
I have the same question. I've searched the posts but many of the results are like above, about scripting missions, not gameplay.
I'm sure many of us could use the help!
Remember: Gameplay command(s) to cause simultaneous AI release of bombs.
Thanks!

Flakwalker
07-09-2006, 04:16 PM
In he same way there is a command to order the fuel tank drop, there should be an order to drop bombs, or something like "drop bombs with me"

slipBall
07-11-2006, 12:53 AM
I think this might help with AI bombing, this is from page 60, game manual, game folder

GATTACK: This signifies ground attack.
Target: You can select the target in this mode. If you press the Set button, the cursor will
switch into selection mode (you can cancel this by pressing the right mouse button). When
the flight reaches the waypoint, it will try to attack the target. If you choose Ground Target,
the type of activity will change into GATTACK.
Note:
1. For dive bombers, fighters with bombs, and fighter-bombers, you have to set target
objects for the GATTACK point. Otherwise, they will attack the enemy object nearest to
the waypoint, if they can find it.
2. For transports with bombs and level bombers, set the waypoint directly over the object
that you would like to destroy, and then set GATTACK for that waypoint. Planes will drop
the bombs in that area. (You must set the GATTACK waypoint without a target object!) Do
the same if you use planes with paratroopers as loadout.
3. For dive bombers and fighter-bombers with bombs, the altitude has to be more than 1300
meters for dive bombing. Otherwise, they drop bombs as level bombers.
4. If you want any of the selected groups of planes with bombs to do level bombing, see
item 3 above.