PDA

View Full Version : Unarmed assassinations.



Ecilam
12-03-2009, 02:17 PM
If there ever is a patch of some kind, or even in the DLC please make it so we can do the unarmed assassinations outside of combat, they look so amazing, the only thing more satisfying than killing someone with a blade, is doing it with your bare hands.

Sparty2020
12-03-2009, 02:20 PM
Please... tell me... how would you do that? Snapping their necks? Stepping on their necks? Or beating them to a pulp? Better yet, why would you do that when theres a sword/mace at your waist and blades behind your wrists.

Ecilam
12-03-2009, 02:24 PM
Because it's cool, although I just noticed that even though Ezio clearly breaks their necks with one of the unarmed finishers, they come back to life and squirm around on the ground, kinda weird.

caswallawn_2k7
12-03-2009, 02:27 PM
Ecilam, it might be like most other animal's, chicken's, rat's and mice they all run round for a while after decapitation.

TooLazy4Name
12-03-2009, 06:54 PM
For the guy who asked how, attack a enemy with 2 health squares or less from behind. ezio will snap his neck or throw him to the ground and curb stomp him.

Rodriquezz
12-03-2009, 07:57 PM
You can also jump on his head, it's difficult, but possible.

john63
12-03-2009, 10:52 PM
@Rodriquezz, are you talking about tolazy4name1's "curbstomping" move?

M0nteNegr0
12-04-2009, 05:42 AM
I think unarmed take-downs are cool, but NOT for assassinations. The whole point of Assassin's Creed is to use the assassin's blade. Why would they make that aspect unarmed?

TooLazy4Name
12-04-2009, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by M0nteNegr0:
I think unarmed take-downs are cool, but NOT for assassinations. The whole point of Assassin's Creed is to use the assassin's blade. Why would they make that aspect unarmed?

Technically, the unarmed "assassinations" arent assassinations. the person you do it on doesnt die, they moan on the ground as if you beat the crap out of them with your fist. though, frankly, i think if i curb stomped someone they'd be dead.

Stonelaw
12-05-2009, 05:11 AM
Originally posted by tolazy4name1:
though, frankly, i think if i curb stomped someone they'd be dead.
It looks pretty brutal as an assassination.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFgg0Ouoaeo

IV_trailer
12-05-2009, 05:36 AM
Lol I heard a wilhelm scream. But yeah, its pretty brutal. Are you sure this isnt possible in random fights?

mojsarn
12-05-2009, 06:16 AM
yes its possible, just make sure they have low health before you try it,: D

Ecilam
12-05-2009, 09:49 AM
I would just like it to be possible to do it on unsuspecting victims, instead of having to fight them first, and I think you can do it on any enemy regardless of their health, although I am not sure about it. You just have to get behind them by throwing sand in their eyes, you can do the dagger and the sword kills without having to get into combat, if the unarmed take downs are already in the game, I just think it should work the same.

TooLazy4Name
12-05-2009, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Ecilam:
I would just like it to be possible to do it on unsuspecting victims, instead of having to fight them first, and I think you can do it on any enemy regardless of their health, although I am not sure about it. You just have to get behind them by throwing sand in their eyes, you can do the dagger and the sword kills without having to get into combat, if the unarmed take downs are already in the game, I just think it should work the same.

i agree, however, theres ways to do it in combat without the help of allies. get a npc down to low enough health so you can do it, and, when they go to attack, us the STRAFE (not dodge) button to get behind them very fast, punch, and there ya go, instant snap neck/curb stomp.

ALTAIRXEZIO
12-05-2009, 02:16 PM
there are many ways to assisnate without weapons

neck snapping etc.

but why would u do that.... while you have many weapons on your side

ALTAIRXEZIO
12-05-2009, 02:18 PM
there are plenty ways to assassinate someone unarmed... yet it be pretty stupid since you have many weapons... but i actully like the idea of unarmed, maybe 1 or 2....

i was thinking CURB STOMP... a homage or whatever that is called to Gears...

basically Ezio comes behind a guy throws him on the ground and curb stomps him...

DiamondBlade_R
12-05-2009, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by Sevael:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tolazy4name1:
though, frankly, i think if i curb stomped someone they'd be dead.
It looks pretty brutal as an assassination.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFgg0Ouoaeo </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
How does one do that, anyway?

Stonelaw
12-06-2009, 02:24 AM
Originally posted by DiamondBlade_R:
How does one do that, anyway?
As soon as any enemy (even main assassination targets) is down to one block of health left, when you attack unarmed you will automatically do one of the finishing animations. There are several animations, based on position. The one in the video occurs when you're behind your opponent.

nitres15
12-06-2009, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by mojsarn:
yes its possible, just make sure they have low health before you try it,: D
i did that in low profile

wwfls1
12-06-2009, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Ecilam:
Because it's cool, although I just noticed that even though Ezio clearly breaks their necks with one of the unarmed finishers, they come back to life and squirm around on the ground, kinda weird.


O i dont know maybe because YOU SNAPPED THERE NECK! So they get cesures some how by the inderect parrelel w/e

NeonXXV
12-06-2009, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by wwfls1:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ecilam:
Because it's cool, although I just noticed that even though Ezio clearly breaks their necks with one of the unarmed finishers, they come back to life and squirm around on the ground, kinda weird.


O i dont know maybe because YOU SNAPPED THERE NECK! So they get cesures some how by the inderect parrelel w/e </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dude, when your neck gets broken it's instant death.

caswallawn_2k7
12-06-2009, 03:46 PM
Dude, when your neck gets broken it's instant death.
depends were the break is and how bad it is, it was in the news a couple of years back some1 had a broken neck for several years before doctors actually found it and fixed it. it is only a kill if it totally severs your spinal cord as it stop's your brain sending information to your body basically stopping all functions in your body, but broken neck's can range from anything from a sore neck while the bones heal to paralysis and possibly death.

Ecilam
12-06-2009, 04:13 PM
A broken neck doesn't always kill... in reality, but I have never played a video game where you can break necks and it doesn't kill, it seems strange to me for ubisoft to put a neck snap in the game and mean for it not to kill, that's what a chokehold is for, but regardless, I don't care if it kills or not, I just think it should be possible to do on an unsuspecting victim and not require combat.