PDA

View Full Version : Ai animation while serving?

VooDoo-MEOW-
06-29-2005, 01:32 AM
Tonight while serving, I was close-up watching the ai pilots while my buddy was still flying. I told him I was watching the ai pilots turn their heads while flying to keep an eye on the enemies. He told me I was crazy, and that the ai are not animated. Ok, I must be crazy, I thought. So I made a track file.

I watched the track file, and it was totally different from what I saw- the pilot was rigidly looking straight ahead- exactly what my friend was seeing.

Now, I know what I saw. The ai pilot was turning his head left, right, up, and panning back and forth. And not just one pilot, but all of them. So, here's my noob question:

Is there something that shows ai pilot animation to the server host, but nobody else? And if so, then why can't others see it too? If not, why I am seeing it so plainly?!?

SaQSoN
06-29-2005, 01:56 AM
The AI pilots in fighters turn their heads in off-line missions, watching an enemy planes. This is the game feature.
However, this movements are not being sent from server to clients in order to minimize traffic by ommiting non-crucial information. Being a host, you saw the animations as in an off-line mission. While your clients didn't see this.

VooDoo-MEOW-
06-29-2005, 03:21 AM
Thank you! My friends said I was crazy, and the peeps on HyperLobby said I was smoking something, lol. I knew I was seeing it, but couldn't convince anyone else.

S!

SeaFireLIV
06-29-2005, 04:20 AM
Yep. The pilots do move their heads, often tracking their leader or enemy aircraft.

horseback
06-29-2005, 11:45 AM
You weren't seeing things at all; in fact, in the original Il-2 Sturmovik, the opening video clip had a section featuring an I-16 pilot scanning the skies for another 109F-2 to shoot down...

cheers

horseback