PDA

View Full Version : Bleeding effect Question

DarthEzio55
08-25-2011, 05:06 PM
so the bleeding effect gives the person who is currently viewing their ancesters life, traits of their ancestors.
Now Desmond had gotten eagle sense by viewing Altairs memories in ac1, and he had gotten free run/combat skills by viewing Ezio's memories in Ac2. Now my question is that do you inherit something other than physical skill, for example will Desmond inherit Ezio's flirtation skill http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif with the ladies, or his wisdom when ezio took on the role of Mentor

Calvarok
08-25-2011, 05:14 PM
Desmond will learn from Ezio's wisdom, but what you're talking about is Ezio's personality replacing Desmonds, or becoming the dominant personality. this is one of the BAD effects of the Bleeding effect: all the memories you relive start to interfere with your own, and you lose track of who you are. If Desmond repairs his mind in Revelations, this effect will be gone.

Whatever Desmond will have learned from Ezio at the end of the game will probably just be physical skill, and wisdom that he received just like we did: by listening and watching. He will hopefully not have anything imprinted on his mind that makes him act differently.

DarthEzio55
08-25-2011, 05:18 PM
thanks for clearing that up, but what about ezio and altair, when Ezio touches those seals, will he experience the bleeding effect to?

Blind2Society
08-25-2011, 05:21 PM
All of that would make him act differently as it would any human. Wisdom makes anyone act differently. Look at Altair in AC and Ezio in ACII, ACB and I imagine, more significantly ACR.

All of this will most certainly have a major effect on Desmond though not likely in the way of flirtation skills. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Calvarok
08-25-2011, 05:27 PM
Yeah, it will make him act differently, but not different like he starts using pick-up lines in italian without actually wanting to. If all goes well, it won't be the bleeding effect that makes him different mentally, it will be his own comprehension of the knowledge and wisdom he's seen Ezio/Altair gain.

As for what the seals will do to Ezio, we don't know, because they're a more advanced tech than the Animus, but we can assume the effect will exist in some way, since the trailer hinted at Ezio seeing Altair through some form of bleeding effect.

DarthEzio55
08-25-2011, 05:29 PM
All of this will most certainly have a major effect on Desmond though not likely in the way of flirtation skills.

<span class="ev_code_RED">Spoilers</span>
<span class="ev_code_WHITE">he might need them to convince eve subject 16 told him about, </span>
<span class="ev_code_RED">Spoilers End</span>[

Calvarok
08-25-2011, 05:59 PM
The "Desmond must knock up eve" theory is probably the worst one I've heard on this forum. :P

No joke, though, if that's true, I will not play AC single-player any more. It's just way too stupid and cliche of a plot device.

And it sounds like an erotic fanfic setup. D:

ProdiGurl
08-25-2011, 06:02 PM
for example will Desmond inherit Ezio's flirtation skill with the ladies, or his wisdom when ezio took on the role of Mentor

LOL http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif
Desmond should learn from the Professional

Panfaun
08-26-2011, 01:36 AM
I think all that's possible with inheriting things like that. just that when you start getting their personalities installed in you is when you should start to get a little worries.

By the way, and it's just a little thing, but Desmond gained Eagle vision from Altair, not Eagle Sense which Ezio obtained with age/wisdom/skill.

Originally posted by Calvarok:
The "Desmond must knock up eve" theory is probably the worst one I've heard on this forum. :P

No joke, though, if that's true, I will not play AC single-player any more. It's just way too stupid and cliche of a plot device.

And it sounds like an erotic fanfic setup. D:

If Sex saves the world, I'm done with thishttp://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif And how would that solve anything right? Lol, what, is Eve going to have a baby in sixty something days that will save the world?

I'd die laughing.

waynedavies89
08-26-2011, 09:57 AM
I have a another bleeding effect theory

we know you can learn skills through the animus, so its theoretically possible to not just take on skills, but personality traits as well through the same process.

since most of your personality is build and made from memory and experiences, over long exposure in the animus it could happen

That might be part of what happened to 16 since his mind couldn't focus on where and who he was