PDA

View Full Version : Go get shot please.

NegativeGee
11-18-2004, 04:19 PM
Hehe, not really!

I was messing around after installing the patch and noticed something I'm sure is new.

If you are wounded the maximum control force you can apply is reduced. This is a really nice touch and a nice bit of "immersion".

Not sure if the severity of the injury has an effect but I was nearly redded out and could not longer manage more than gentle manouvers. Not due to plane damage as I was hardly hit.

So anyone else notice this?

clint-ruin
11-18-2004, 04:23 PM
Been there for ages, possibly since even Il2.

Stiglr
11-18-2004, 04:51 PM
I've rarely experienced that at all, and don't think I've ever seen "reddish vision" in IL-2 (unless brought about by negative G).

This effect, as described, is VERY evident in WWIIOL, and it really is a good one.

With the slight red tint to your vision in WWIIOL, you have a constant reminder that you're wounded and should be heading home out of harm's way if you can. Even better, when you first take the damage, you get a full red screen, which I've dubbed the "red screen of pain". Since you can't "feel" a round hitting, this makes it rather obvious. Then, as your vision clears, it still retains the reddish tint, making it hard to see clearly.

The depreciated control responses are also a very nice touch. Sometimes, with a little investigation you can tell which limb(s) are effected: full left rudder response, but right rudder is slow... you took one in the calf or the hip!!!

Hunde_3.JG51
11-18-2004, 05:04 PM
This has been around at least since FB 1.00. If you are heavily wounded the plane is all but unflyable.

I do notice shot up cockpit textures are now present in new planes.

The_Great_Stonk
11-18-2004, 05:28 PM
yea i was quite surprised when bullet holes appear on the instrument panel of my wildcat when i got jumped by a zero just now, another nice little touch http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Tater-SW-
11-18-2004, 05:43 PM
That happens (and has happened) to me all the time. I can;t remember if it was there in plain Il-2, but it was certainly there in FB.

tater

NegativeGee
11-18-2004, 05:47 PM
Well, goes to show you can teach an old dog new tricks http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif.... I don't think I've ever been so badly wounded before, and so had never seen the effect in action quite so strongly.

WE_STAND_ALONE
11-18-2004, 05:55 PM
yeah..WWIIOL also practically disabled the stick if you were hit enough..had to land numerous times with trim and throttle..

Stiglr..what years did you play?

vermont was my tag..July 2001-2003

Fritzofn
11-18-2004, 06:02 PM
if im not mistaken, u bleed, and if u don't land in time, u die......

Udidtoo
11-18-2004, 06:17 PM
It has been very rare for me in campaigns but I recall 2 times I was hurt so bad all I could do was hold my plane in a shallow dive...I felt like poor Tom Tom in Dark Blue World.

VW-IceFire
11-18-2004, 07:49 PM
This has been in since FB1.0. You get hit, your vision goes a bit red, or more red...or even you have a serious wound and you slowly get redder and redder till it goes black.

And you have less control authority. Old feature, a very good one however.

Slammin_
11-18-2004, 08:45 PM
Wow, you guys should play one Wonder Woman servers every now and then so that you can experience what getting slowly killed feels like.

This effect has been there for a LONG time. In FR servers, you die too fast when you die, usually. In WW servers, since your SA is higher, you can usually survive long enough to experience this effect.

LEXX_Luthor
11-18-2004, 09:12 PM
Not just red screen wound, but bumpy ground run too. This has also been around for long time, at least for some FB planes. Just tried taking off Ki~61 from flat open ground, bumpy takeoff, screen turns red tint with each bump but remains clear once I build speed ~100km/hr and can get some lift so the bumps are not so bad, and stays clear after takeoff. Just a bumpy takeoff run makes you see red but all seems ok after.