PDA

View Full Version : Bomber Attacks? US Navy Tactics?

VW-IceFire
12-06-2004, 10:08 AM
A few people have mentioned that there's a series of US navy tactics for attacking bombers that they found to be useful in attacking the air bombers. Since I seem to have lost my edge on attacking bombers, especially the new twins that we have in-game...I thought I'd go and ask for some help.

What are these tactics? Are they explained in detail somewhere? What have you found that works best with the sim we have? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Fire away please http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Platypus_1.JaVA
12-06-2004, 10:23 AM
Head-on is always your best guess. But your window of firing your gubns is very small and you need to aim diffrently.

If head-on proves too difficult (at least for me) then I should advice diving down on them with 1000m+ altitude advantage. The more vertical the better. sometimes the AI gunners cannot handle your speed or, you are out of the covering of any turret.

FI-Aflak
12-06-2004, 02:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Platypus_1.JaVA:
Head-on is always your best guess. But your window of firing your gubns is very small and you need to aim diffrently.

If head-on proves too difficult (at least for me) then I should advice diving down on them with 1000m+ altitude advantage. The more vertical the better. sometimes the AI gunners cannot handle your speed or, you are out of the covering of any turret. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I find coming straight down on them, vertically, is the best bet. You are going really fast when you are in range, and they have a hard time bringing any of their guns to bear on you. And after you pass just pull up vertically a little ahead of its path, and repeat.

But usually, when you hav 90% deflection on a big target, its hard not to do fatal damage in one pass. the 50 cals are murder, they are almost guarunteed to start multiple fires.