PDA

View Full Version : OT: Doolittle raid and other codenames

TAW_BlueDevil
11-29-2004, 06:27 PM
Hi everyone,

I have been trying to find this online with no luck. I am trying to find any operation names, or codenames that were used for the doolittle riad, including the planning and execution of it. Also does anyone know of any opertion or codenames for the P-38 attack against Admiral Yamamoto that killed him?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TAW_BlueDevil
11-29-2004, 06:27 PM
Hi everyone,

I have been trying to find this online with no luck. I am trying to find any operation names, or codenames that were used for the doolittle riad, including the planning and execution of it. Also does anyone know of any opertion or codenames for the P-38 attack against Admiral Yamamoto that killed him?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BigA21
11-29-2004, 07:18 PM
Devil,

Best I can see for Doolittle OP's was "Special Aviation Project #1" named by the man himself ...seriously.

Intercept against Yamamoto's Betty was OP's Peacock.

Good Luck with your missions.

BigA

TAW_BlueDevil
11-29-2004, 07:31 PM
BigA21,

thanks for the reply. Seems like I remember out of a movie, (I think it was probably 30 seconds over tokyo but I saw it about 10 years ago) that they referred to a codename in which they got whatever they needed for the operation. I am guessing it was probably hollywood, but I also thought that if I could find that out, then I could cross reference it and research to decide if it was just hollywood, or actually legit.

Thanks again.

BD