PDA

View Full Version : Pac Fighters Reference card

waheckelny
12-29-2005, 08:42 AM
HELP,

Can some photocopy their ref card. I got the game for my son Kyle (11yo) and myself at Walmart.
The game was ealed but no ref card, Walmart has no more in stock so I can just get another one & they wont refund as the game is open. I called UBI and the guy said there is no quick ref card.

There HAS TO BE a ref card, how the heck can you play a game if you don't even know how to start the engine!!!

Can you help us ??

VT-51_Razor
12-29-2005, 09:28 AM
Go to the controls section, and take screen shots of all the keys assigned so far. You can do this by hitting the Print Screen key. You'll have to scroll down several times in order to get all the commands. You wuill find those screen shots in the game directory as "grabxxxx". Save them as .jpegs and print them out. After that, you can decide what keys you want to assign to those commands that are blank, such as "open Canopy", "chocks", "shift supercharger", etc, etc. after that, I would suggest that you take look through the readme files and the game's manual, a whole bunch of useful information in both of those.

EDIT: The game did not come with any kind of reference card.

hamselv2
12-29-2005, 09:32 AM
Default key settings can be found in the default.ini file in the folder:
Users

The key assignments used by the pilot 'doe' can be found in a file called settings.ini in this game folder:
Users\doe

The default.ini and settings.ini file can be opened with notepad. You can print them if you want to make a 'reference card'.

Tex-Hill-AVG
12-29-2005, 09:33 AM
The Airwarfare FB essentials page has what your looking for in an Excel spreadsheet. Here is the website for future reference:
http://www.airwarfare.com/Sims/FB/fb_essential_files.htm#001

here's the link for the "Keyboard Command Reference Table": http://www.airwarfare.com/Sims/FB/fb_essential_files.htm#027

waheckelny
12-29-2005, 09:38 AM
Thank you everyone for your help and such a quick responce.

I miss the good old days on my Apple ][e and the games from Electronic Arts. The graphics were very simple but the games were more fun.

Anyone remember playing "Hitchhicker's Guide To The Galaxy" in a text based game on their Apple ][e...

Its sucks being old (all of 40)....

hamselv2
12-29-2005, 09:41 AM
Pacific Fighters has more features (e.g. wings folding, canopy opening) than Forgotten Battles, so the FB reference table won't be complete if you use it with Pacific Fighters.

My CD version of Pacific Fighters came with a 'Quick Reference Card'.

Saunders1953
12-29-2005, 10:12 AM
waheckelny: Give me your address by Private Message and I'll send you an extra reference card that I have. (The guy at Ubi obviously had his ref card up his butt.)

FoolTrottel
12-29-2005, 10:22 AM
There's a file in your game folder, called 'Controls.pdf'.
Print it (doublesided), fold it... reference card!

Have Fun!

waheckelny
12-29-2005, 07:12 PM
Hey Gang,

The manager of the local Walmart called me as I am friends with her brother. She said more came in this AM, she open one for me and inside WAS a reference card. I went on lunch to exchange it there it was in full living color, a double sided, reference card..

Thank you again to everyone who offered their help. You are all #1 in my book.!!!!!!!!!!

William