PDA

View Full Version : Well that was freaking cruel......

M0lt0n
02-18-2010, 08:01 AM
So everyone's excited for the new DLC that came out today, myself included... I turn on my xbox and see the "New for Assassin's creed 2" and immediately go to download it, i hit "A" on it and it brings me to a different screen letting me download the new DLC, and other AC2 items. Again I hit "A" on the Bonfires of the vanities, and begin downloading.... Then i decided to play a little AC2 while i wait, so i checked out the extras section, opened up downloadable content, and there it was..... Another download, Bonfires of the Vanities again, except this time with the 3 secret locations we've been missing, only 560 Microsoft points. Ya its a shame i just blew 320MP on what i thought was the whole download, only to later find out that there was another one with everything! OH wait here's an idea WHY DON'T YOU DISPLAY THE FULL DOWNLOAD ALONG WITH THE NORMAL ONE! So now i now longer have enough Microsoft points to purchase the full download and have to go out and purchase more just so i can download the full thing. In no way is this my fault for not reading something fully, or hitting the wrong download, or anything! This is just Microsoft's of Ubisoft's poor, poor presentation of two downloads, in a way i think they did it on purpose "Hey let's put the DLC download under the spotlight so everyone downloads it for 320MP, and then when they get on AC2 to play it we'll have another download in which has the DLC and the three missing maps, so they have to download it again! But for 560MP!!" Stupid, stupid, stupid..... MY SUGGESTION TO YOU UBISOFT: Since you screwed us over and most people just downloaded the DLC with no bonus maps, i think you should take the three bonus maps and make them a separate download for a reasonable amount of MP. OR Microsoft could actually give us refunds for our downloads once in a while.......

Hurri211
02-18-2010, 08:24 AM
At least Xbox users can download it, it's still not on PSN(at the time of posting). And, yeah, it's annoying when things like that happen. Is there an option maybe to get a lowered price for the combined download, so you only pay for the maps? Have a poke around, you might get lucky http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

M0lt0n
02-18-2010, 09:05 AM
I checked everywhere and Unfortunately they don't have a separate download for the maps, but i have a feeling they will release a download for them. I hope they at least get the downloads right on the ps3 and actually display both downloads.

JAHman28
02-18-2010, 09:39 AM
Can't they just have one item of DLC?

the world is too complicated...

Grandmaster_Z
02-18-2010, 09:44 AM
thats gay, i would sue microsoft

dpcallah
02-18-2010, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Grandmaster_Z:
thats gay, i would sue microsoft

Yes, it's very homosexual. I would definitely sue for $4.

Lewd remarks aside, that's very unfortunate. Try contacting MS and explain your problem clearly and see if they'll help you.

NuclearFuss
02-18-2010, 11:04 AM
I just got back it's finally on PSN. I almost accidentally bought the one without the maps. Luckily I needed to add funds so I accidentally took I from the cart, went back and noticed the two separate DLCs. Almost wasted 2.

The Khaos
02-18-2010, 11:04 AM
Its completely your fault.
You should of gone to New add ons!
I went straight there And saw Bonfire of the Vanities but Instead of there being 1 there was 2. Just one of them had ... After it. I clicked both and read.

Its your Fault for not being carful about it. If they was giving the 3 Black edition Levels in the DLC they would say it in the Description which you should have read.

Its also not Ubisofts fault. Microsoft can place the Dlc where ever they want. I havent clicked the place you downloaded it from, But if it only shows One download that is all down to Microsoft. But still your fault as you didnt read the Description that does not Say it incudes the black edition DLC.

Just be more careful next time dude. I had the black edition dlc already. And it isnt much. The arsenal ship yard was the only one i found slightly cool... And thats it, Nothing special and doesnt add anything to the story either.

KrookedRain
02-18-2010, 11:55 AM
Same thing happened to me. Kind of lame, considering there was a link to the DLC from the main XBL page and it made no mention of multiple versions.

Unholy2012
02-18-2010, 12:01 PM
Man, I didn't even know it was gonna be released today untill I went to turn the game off after playing some Bioshock 2 and saw it to download. Did the same thing you did and had it at 67% when I read your post.

Kinda makes me wanna rage, especially since the DLC's were taken out of the games for extra money. But all in all, for two DLC's a little over 1000 microsoft point aren't a whole lot. I went ahead and cancelled my neirly complete download and have the one with the extra maps downloading now... Completely unfair, underhanded trick used by microsoft, and now really ticks me off about ubisoft's little trick of pulling the DLC. I know for sure now that if AC3 doesn't completely wrap up Desmonds story, I'm not going to buy it. If it does, I'll buy it, but I won't buy any DLC for it, and I'm certainly never buying another Ubisoft game, and I'm gonna encourage everyone I know to do the same.

M0lt0n
02-18-2010, 12:03 PM
@CR93

You obviously don't understand, on xbox they advertised the DLC without the bonus maps in the spotlight section (main section of the dashboard) not knowing that there was a different DLC with the 3 maps i downloaded it, and then later found out that there was a DLC with the maps, but to find it you needed to go on AC2 and then go to extras to get it. So basically they screwed me over and made me think that was the full DLC, when really there was another one. So i have to buy the same DLC again just to get the three maps.

M0lt0n
02-18-2010, 12:07 PM
@Unholy2012

Ya they are quite sneaky aren't they? I would have done the same thing as you and cancelled the download but i no longer have enough points to download the full version.

I might take dpcallah's advice and try calling them...

Unholy2012
02-18-2010, 12:11 PM
I normally would have just ignored it and waited to see if they'd release the 3 maps seperatly, but got the points for christmas so I figured nothing out of my wallet.

Climbmaster1
02-18-2010, 12:13 PM
Wow wish I would have read this before I did the same thing! LOL. I bought both because I thought the cheaper one was the extra maps and the other one was the expansion. I did read it but I guess I did not read it careful enough. Dang it! This is pretty underhanded.

The Khaos
02-18-2010, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by M0lt0n:
@CR93

You obviously don't understand, on xbox they advertised the DLC without the bonus maps in the spotlight section (main section of the dashboard) not knowing that there was a different DLC with the 3 maps i downloaded it, and then later found out that there was a DLC with the maps, but to find it you needed to go on AC2 and then go to extras to get it. So basically they screwed me over and made me think that was the full DLC, when really there was another one. So i have to buy the same DLC again just to get the three maps.

Sorry for my mistake, i Normaly Always go to The marketplace> Game Add-ons> New game add-ons.

To download Any DLC even if its in the Spotlight. I still feel its Only microsofts Fault and Not ubisoft, They only released 2 DLC'S so the people who had the Black edition wouldnt be paying for dlc And stuff they already had so gave Them the option to Just get the dlc and Not pay for what they already have.

Microsoft are so rich but still so greedy, I would Suggest not buying it again for the 3 new missions. Out of the 3 i only remember playing one which was the Arsenal ship yard as i said. You can probably find them on Youtube and watch. The action isnt that Fun, The Puzzle climbing parts are just like any other puzzle parts in the game.

If ubisoft realise That a few people accidently Downloaded the wrong One maybe they will release the 3 Missions Seprately at a later date? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

tomchu
02-18-2010, 12:18 PM
just did the samethhing i think xbox live owes me some MS points cause this is some dumb *** fault for putting that **** up

M0lt0n
02-18-2010, 12:21 PM
@CR93

Ya I'm pretty sure its Microsoft's greediness. I still hope they release the 3 maps separately so i can finally get 100%.

Abeonis
02-18-2010, 12:24 PM
@CR93

Ya I'm pretty sure its Microsoft's greediness. I still hope they release the 3 maps separately so i can finally get 100%.

They won't; I wouldn't if I was running that sector of Microsoft.

The Khaos
02-18-2010, 12:27 PM
Maybe in a Few months Time or weeks time When People Stop buying Both of them So microsoft can Collect the Money from the People who wasnt Willing to buy Both of them But still wanted the 3 levels.

AgentValentine
02-18-2010, 12:29 PM
I'm wondering where it is for PS3. My Xbox buddies keep trying to spoil it for me.

M0lt0n
02-18-2010, 12:32 PM
Lol they probably will, but i hope its under 360MP because thats all i got left!

Unholy2012
02-18-2010, 01:01 PM
just finished the download. where do i start the extra 3 maps?

willwork4pizza
02-18-2010, 07:39 PM
So everyone's excited for the new DLC that came out today, myself included... I turn on my xbox and see the "New for Assassin's creed 2" and immediately go to download it, i hit "A" on it and it brings me to a different screen letting me download the new DLC, and other AC2 items. Again I hit "A" on the Bonfires of the vanities, and begin downloading.... Then i decided to play a little AC2 while i wait, so i checked out the extras section, opened up downloadable content, and there it was..... Another download, Bonfires of the Vanities again, except this time with the 3 secret locations we've been missing, only 560 Microsoft points. Ya its a shame i just blew 320MP on what i thought was the whole download, only to later find out that there was another one with everything! OH wait here's an idea WHY DON'T YOU DISPLAY THE FULL DOWNLOAD ALONG WITH THE NORMAL ONE! So now i now longer have enough Microsoft points to purchase the full download and have to go out and purchase more just so i can download the full thing. In no way is this my fault for not reading something fully, or hitting the wrong download, or anything! This is just Microsoft's of Ubisoft's poor, poor presentation of two downloads, in a way i think they did it on purpose "Hey let's put the DLC download under the spotlight so everyone downloads it for 320MP, and then when they get on AC2 to play it we'll have another download in which has the DLC and the three missing maps, so they have to download it again! But for 560MP!!" Stupid, stupid, stupid..... MY SUGGESTION TO YOU UBISOFT: Since you screwed us over and most people just downloaded the DLC with no bonus maps, i think you should take the three bonus maps and make them a separate download for a reasonable amount of MP. OR Microsoft could actually give us refunds for our downloads once in a while.......

did the same thing.

palyftw
02-18-2010, 07:48 PM
same thing to i want my money back

HeeroHammer
02-18-2010, 08:20 PM
This is annoying. I bought the master edition so the only bonus map I'm missing is the Shipyard. Why should I have to pay for two maps I already have just to get the one map I don't?

It'd be NICE if they were released individually, but that's probably never going to happen. I assumed this was going to be the case. I'm glad I shelled out the extra cash so I could be charged AGAIN for the whole experience.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind the DLC and I'll be getting Bonfire of the Vanities, but this is a cheap ploy to get us to spend more money.

Oh, and I'm about 100MP short of the full download with the 3 maps, but I can't just buy 100MP. I have to buy 500MP or spend another $6.25, but that's just more of Microsofts lameness.