PDA

View Full Version : No reason for the devs not to do this...$$$add-on

MichaelMar
07-08-2005, 11:44 AM
I just ordered the newest tank sim(Balkens Under Fire) and have already been informed that a new add-on for the game is in the works and will be released later this summer.

What I think is so interesting about it is the way the add-on will be released. They will charge 15-25 dollars for it depending how much they jam into it. One thing will be MP and more tanks))

Now why can not the devs for this game do the same thing? Make an add-on, with those long awaited planes like MC202, and charge us for it? No reason to give stuff away? I would gladly buy the add-on if nothing else but to keep the game alive and progressing forward.

THX

Platypus_1.JaVA
07-08-2005, 11:48 AM
Now why can not the devs for this game do the same thing? Make an add-on, with those long awaited planes like MC202, and charge us for it? No reason to give stuff away? I would gladly buy the add-on if nothing else but to keep the game alive and progressing forward.

UBI decides. They are the publisher who distribute this product around the world (Except Russia) and if they decide they cann't make enough money out of it, then the add-on will not be available for everyone who doesn't live in Russia.

Saunders1953
07-08-2005, 12:39 PM
UBI decides. They are the publisher who distribute this product around the world (Except Russia) and if they decide they cann't make enough money out of it, then the add-on will not be available for everyone who doesn't live in Russia.

Then we need a poll (better yet, UBI should do some market research on it)--I'd pay in a minute.

VW-IceFire
07-08-2005, 01:41 PM
I think alot of us are hoping that Ubi will take the Russian addon CD and publish that, maybe sweetening the deal by adding some of the western aircraft currently in the pipe such as the Spitfire XIV, Tempest V, and Mosquito and maybe another western front map so we have three possible maps to use them with.

That could happen...

I really hope it happens. I'm willing to pony up for some new planes and maps and objects and stuff. I'm almost looking forward as much to the Mosqutio and Tempest as I am to the possibility of flying the IL-10 and the Pe-2.

tascaso
07-08-2005, 02:11 PM
I agree, if PF was published, then any addon with maps, aircraft will be bought up instantly, remember "we are rats on crack". I would buy the Russian addon in an instant. So maybe a market survey is required!

IceFire I am still flying your missions a lot of fun! What are you working on currently?

Tony

ytareh
07-08-2005, 02:21 PM
Id buy it for sure!!!

Endy1
07-08-2005, 04:50 PM
Me too! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

VT-51_Razor
07-08-2005, 05:00 PM
I'd pay quite a bit to get the PTO close to being finished, and as far as I'm concerned, every add-on we've gotten from Oleg was worth at least $20, if not more!

JadehawkII
07-08-2005, 05:06 PM
I for one would GLADLY pay for a add-on that includes all the missing stuff that should be in the PF game. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif if it will retail for $50.00 or more than I'll PAY for it as long as we get the items we have always wanted. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

badaboom.1
07-08-2005, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by tascaso:
I agree, if PF was published, then any addon with maps, aircraft will be bought up instantly, remember "we are rats on crack". I would buy the Russian addon in an instant. So maybe a market survey is required!

IceFire I am still flying your missions a lot of fun! What are you working on currently?

Tony WE ARE RATS ON CRACK? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gifSTOP MAN UR KILL'N ME!!!!!

Tooz_69GIAP
07-08-2005, 06:58 PM
Saqson has posted the Ju-88, Mosquito, Italian aircraft, CW-21, and possibly some Japanese stuff (not definate), with one or two other things will be released in a free add on later this year (around September).

So calm yerselves, we should have a nice wee surprise in around 2 months.

Nimits
07-08-2005, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by Tooz_69GIAP:
So calm yerselves, we should have a nice wee surprise in around 2 months.

We've gone from 2 weeks to 2 months?

AAAAAAAAAUUUUUGGGHHHHH!

james_ander
07-08-2005, 08:35 PM
I would buy a freakin' turd if Oleg modeled it for IL2. Someone would inevitably scream: the corn chunks on that turd are way overmodeled or Dude! those Lufturds are way too uber; my grandaddy Otto flew a Focke-turd 9000 back in the war and it had nowhere near the climb rate....Oh never mind. I would be happy to pay for new add-ons.

RocketRobin__
07-08-2005, 09:52 PM
Patches are mildly interesting, but I'd rather have the folks at Maddox Games focused on BOB.
Personally, I'd drop a kilobuck on a version that is 64bit, muti-core compatible. Then, I'd be able to use the expensive hardware I'll be running.

stansdds
07-09-2005, 06:39 AM
My feeling is that patches are to correct problems or institute a major upgrade to the game engine. As for add-on campaigns and aircraft, you often pay for them with the M$ games, a nominal charge for such things is reasonable. So $15 to $20 U.S. would not seem out of line to me as long as it was a real campaign or campaign set with the appropriate aircraft and skins, not just one or two aircraft and one or two missions and it would need to be on a CD. If it was just a download, then it should cost less, say $5 to $10 U.S. since there is no CD cost, no shipping, and no retail mark up, strictly compensation for time, server and bandwidth.

To finish the Pacific we would need some additional aircraft, the P-61, the Helldiver and the F4U-4 spring to mind and flyable Avengers. And historically based campaigns. This would also require a full map of the Solomon Islands, perhaps the northern coast of Australia.

Yeah, I'd be willing to pony up a few dollars for such an add on and I know a lot of other people would do the same!

Dtools4fools
07-09-2005, 08:48 AM
To finish the Pacific we would need some additional aircraft, the P-61, the Helldiver and the F4U-4 spring to mind and flyable Avengers. And historically based campaigns. This would also require a full map of the Solomon Islands, perhaps the northern coast of Australia.

Rather some Japanese planes first in my opinion (albeit I agree with onm the Helldiver). And a Burma/China map. Plus the Philippines...

269GA-Veltro
07-09-2005, 10:00 AM
Guys.....we are no more an Ubi market, they are searching fo new costumers. They know we'd buy the addon/s...but they don't care of us anymore.
They need more, they want more....they want more costumers.

A new sim is a new product....and a new product is for the new costumers, probably from the CFS market....but not only.

Chivas
07-09-2005, 10:07 AM
I think there will be an add-on for the FB/PF series, but Oleg will move on to BOB. He will be able do more and make it more realistic with the new BOB engine.

It would be nice to have more aircraft and add-ons for the FB/PF series, but with the release of BOB, the majority of simmers will move on to the more realistic combat flight sim experience.

I know many diehard fans will stay with the great FB series and hopefully they will be able to buy add-ons from some third party developers.

269GA-Veltro
07-09-2005, 10:28 AM
BTW...i hope again in a carrier torpedo bomber....

Give me a kate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VW-IceFire
07-09-2005, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by tascaso:

Tony
Couple of things that I'm doodling on right now and haven't decided what to finish.

Here's the short list:
1) Single Mission Pack for Pacific Fighters
2) The Hellcats - A campaign set during the Marianas Turkey Shoot (in beta testing)
3) Fortress Kurland - A FW190 campaign that I've gotten nowhere on yet
4) Romanian Campaign - Flying the IAR around the time of Stalingrad, gotten nowhere, airbase is missing, not as interested but I understand there is alot of community interest
5) RNZAF Continuation - Looking at expanding the Turning the Tide campaign. Currently looking more at making alternate versions of certain missions and making the entire thing more interesting by making replayability higher. Also looking at RNZAF in Singapore.

Some of these will become realities...others will disappear http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

dasist1
07-11-2005, 08:54 PM
I would buy if a good add-on is available. I'd like to see the FB/PF extend with more missions and the stuff rather than completely move on to BoB because I am not sure whether or not my current machine will handle the demand of the BoB.

It seems there are some paid add-ons available already, but I prefer them to be released by the 1C officially so that it may not contradict with any of the possible bug fixes and new features. I think $5-10 for an internet download is reasonable.

About three years back I bought an addon (internet download) for CFS2 for ~$20. It just had two new planes (P-51 and Fw-190) and some fantastic engine sounds with a couple of new maps. It didn't have any extensive missions though and I quickly lost interest after flying those planes a few times.

What I'd like to see in the PF add-on is more ships and maps and missions to use those (assuming that we have flyable torpedo bombers).

But first of all, I want them to fix some of the obvious errors, like Japanese markings missing on the Val's fuselage. Am I the only one so keen about this? It still hurts me to see the Val without any markings at all on the top banner of this page. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Sturm_Williger
07-12-2005, 07:59 AM
Heh, if Ubi don't release the "Russian-only"tm addon, it'll be a classic case of shooting yourself in the foot.

'Cause at least one of us will get ahold of it ... then another. Pretty soon everyone will want to fly the new planes online and the information of how to buy it from Russia will be widely disseminated.

All the money will go directly to 1C and when just about everyone has a copy, Ubi will wake up and go "Dang, we could have had a cut of that !"

And we'll go "ha, marketing noobs !" I mean, take the number of people who post on these boards, multiply by the cost of the addon and that's your STARTING market !

And if they didn't know it before, the 4.0 feeding frenzy should have wised them up.

Tooz_69GIAP
07-12-2005, 02:37 PM
You will not be able to use the russian add-on unless you have a russian copy of FB, AEP and PF, and probably a russian version of windows.

Nimits
07-12-2005, 04:21 PM
Right, which is why UBI should relase a version for the rest of the world.

What I don't get: if 1C can afford to (and make money off of the) release of a new add-on in Russia, then why the heck can't Ubi sanction the release of the add-on in the west. Especially if they went to an online only distribution, there is no way they could lose money on it. The work is already going to be done by 1C anyway, and the bandwith cost, while not inconsequential by personal financial standards, would be miniscule for a corporation such as UBI, and would be repaid with the sale of a relative handful of copies. I really don't see how they could loose money on it . . .

Tooz_69GIAP
07-12-2005, 04:25 PM
I think Ubi are a little peeved at the massive pirating that went on with the release of PF, and are unwilling to go ahead with another PF release.

Either that, or they simply can't be bothered.