PDA

View Full Version : Mouse and Keyboard

AubreyWilborn
02-26-2011, 12:56 PM
A lot of PC gamers on here talk about how it's much better to play with an XBOX 360 controller. I've never found that to be the case, and have always managed just fine with the mouse and keyboard. Infact, I couldn't even imagine playing any AC game without my mouse and keyboard. Anyone else feel the same way?

TorQue1988
02-26-2011, 01:26 PM
yep,i agree...i play AC with mouse and keyboard just fine...in fact i prefer mouse and keyboard over gamepads at almost every game because the settings are more customizable.

AnthonyA85
02-26-2011, 01:29 PM
I too agree. I've used an xbox controller and a PS3 controller before (on different games of course), there were so many buttons on the xbox controller, I had no idea what to do, the fact that the people i was playing against didn't really explain the controls to me.

I can see how some would prefer a controller, since that's the method they're most used to. But a keyboard and mouse allow for more space and movement, you can also customize the keyboard controls more.

In fact, that's the first thing i did when i got AC1 and 2. I customized the controls, i'll do the same for brotherhood. :P

Rakudaton
02-26-2011, 01:36 PM
Actually, I prefer a controller to keyboard for one simple reson: the analog sticks. They just give you much more freedom of movement than a simple direction pad. But I can see why many would prefer the increased customisation and less complexity of a keyboard -- plus the easier camera control with a mouse.

Each to their own, I guess.

Ass4ssin8me
02-26-2011, 01:42 PM
I don't game on PC, but could anyone tell me the default controls for the AC games? I know they would vary but just the basic things like movement, camera rotation and combat?

AubreyWilborn
02-26-2011, 01:58 PM
The default movement controls for AC PC games are pretty straightforward. W,A,S,D keys are your movement keys, while the mouse toggles high/low profile,as well as combat actions.

Lol, I couldn't really tell you about the more complicated camera controls, though.

AntiChrist7
02-26-2011, 02:08 PM
Controller is so much fun

And you can use it for other games

Murcuseo
02-26-2011, 02:25 PM
To begin with I much preferred K+M, but recently I've been using my 360 controller for other games, and have become used to it. 6 months ago I would have agreed with you, but now I like both.

Having never played AC on a console before, I recently jumped onto the 360 version and picked it up almost instantly.

For me, a controller is missing customizable components and a few extra buttons.

That's why I've pre-ordered one of these (http://www2.razerzone.com/onza/).

Annjul555
02-26-2011, 04:29 PM
forget Micro xbox360 controller, my broke after few months.
and just like Robson I will be getting this week new awesome tournament pad from RAZER, specially for MP. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

usually i like keymouse but for action games, controllers are so much better.

ChaosxNetwork
02-26-2011, 05:22 PM
Xbox controllers are comfortable all the buttons are close together - To the person who said there are to many buttons I am sorry but that is stupid a 6 year can understand them I am sure you can...
But everyone is different I guess http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

iN3krO
02-27-2011, 04:28 AM
Originally posted by Ass4ssin8me:
I don't game on PC, but could anyone tell me the default controls for the AC games? I know they would vary but just the basic things like movement, camera rotation and combat?

I will just tell you mine witch doesn't differ much from original..

WASD - Move
Shift - High Profile (i could chose change to high profile while tapping or turn on/off each time i tap)
Space - Feet
E - Head
Left Mouse - Weapon Hand
Right Mouse - Free Hand
Middle Mouse - Lock Target
Q - Weapons Menu

I've played AC2 with Keyboard/Mouse and than with PS2 Controler, I've finish both and i must say one thing... with the controller i couldn't press the feet button to run and use right analog to look arround (at that point AC is good cuz if you are on high profile and you move left/right with left analog, it just move the camera but i only use WS almost all the way with k/m)

Victoroos
02-27-2011, 04:53 AM
what i hate about the xbox, is you can't move your camera and stay in high profile/freerunning at the same time, I jsut don't have enought fingers ;D
And the pc version, well that's easy to do

Lusankya84
02-27-2011, 05:25 AM
Originally posted by daniel_gervide:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ass4ssin8me:

I will just tell you mine witch doesn't differ much from original..

WASD - Move
Shift - High Profile (i could chose change to high profile while tapping or turn on/off each time i tap)
Space - Feet
E - Head
Left Mouse - Weapon Hand
Right Mouse - Free Hand
Middle Mouse - Lock Target
Q - Weapons Menu
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I am pretty sure standard configuration is Right Mouse - High Profile and
Shift - Free Hand

Or I just changed it that way, at least it works great for me. I don't miss the analog stick, because I can make slight corrections in my movements with the mouse. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by daniel_gervide:
I've played AC2 with Keyboard/Mouse and than with PS2 Controler, I've finish both and i must say one thing... with the controller i couldn't press the feet button to run and use right analog to look arround (at that point AC is good cuz if you are on high profile and you move left/right with left analog, it just move the camera but i only use WS almost all the way with k/m)
Yep, that's a negative. Otherwise I really like to use my Xbox Controller when playing PC games (no FPS of course).

I am very glad, that I can easily choose between gamepad and K+M nearly everytime I want.

Originally posted by Rakudaton:
Actually, I prefer a controller to keyboard for one simple reson: the analog sticks. They just give you much more freedom of movement than a simple direction pad. But I can see why many would prefer the increased customisation and less complexity of a keyboard -- plus the easier camera control with a mouse.

Each to their own, I guess.

You can change your Movement with the mouse, so it's even more precise than analog sticks. Also why "Each to their own"? Just use both.