PDA

View Full Version : ac4...female assassin

KrisMcdonald
11-25-2010, 12:43 PM
theory being...desmond,altair and ezio being adams (as in adam & eve) ancestors,maybe wthe templars have got hold of eve's unknowing ancestor and use her like they tried to use desmond...what dya think??????????

E-Zekiel
11-25-2010, 12:46 PM
I really don't think we're gonna see a female assassin unless we get a female protagonist (like Lucy, or someone). Which I do not think is beyond possibility, but suffice to say, as long as we're following Desmond, I just don't see it happening.

AimlessSpectre
11-25-2010, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by E-Zekiel:
I really don't think we're gonna see a female assassin unless we get a female protagonist (like Lucy, or someone). Which I do not think is beyond possibility, but suffice to say, as long as we're following Desmond, I just don't see it happening.

Just curious why you think a female protagonist is required for a female assassin. It is Desmond's story so I doubt you would see anyone taking the role of the player character. Regardless, unless you are purely going off the idea that it would be 'odd' there is no reason why it wouldn't work within the game's fiction. Personally, could care less either way.

Mysterio43
11-25-2010, 01:14 PM
The only reason people really bring up the female aspect is because a long time ago someone from Ubisoft said a female assasin wouldn't be out of the picture but that it would all depend on the time line on which they were doing, for example he said, WWII.

E-Zekiel
11-25-2010, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by AimlessSpectre:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by E-Zekiel:

Just curious why you think a female protagonist is required for a female assassin. It is Desmond's story so I doubt you would see anyone taking the role of the player character. Regardless, unless you are purely going off the idea that it would be 'odd' there is no reason why it wouldn't work within the game's fiction. Personally, could care less either way. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think that a man would have a very difficult time synching with a woman, and vice versa. They are just not relatable enough.

Mysterio43
11-25-2010, 01:20 PM
lol I can see it now.. Desmond "WHAT THE !#$#@?!!! WHERE IS MY @$#%!!!!"

AimlessSpectre
11-25-2010, 01:22 PM
Completely plausible reasoning that I can't fault you for. Still think that it would work, although it would likely provoke some odd remarks from Desmond. Also, Rebecca tells Desmond that "she once went into the Animus, but comments that her ancestor's life as a Prussian mercenary was boring, due to spending several hours constantly shooting," which would lead me to believe a female can synchronize with a male. Though that assumes that Prussian mercenaries are all male, I think that that is a fairly valid assumption.

Anyway, it would mostly depend on the time period; such as the female french resistance fighter in WWII that has been continually suggested.

On a side-note; It would technically be AC 3 with the way the developers have said they name the games, even if it will be the fourth console release.

Mysterio43
11-25-2010, 01:33 PM
I don't see brotherhood as being part 3 like some say. It might be physically number 3, but story wise it is a continuation and ending of part 2 of the story. Kind of like Disc 2 of a really long movie. You wouldn't call it part 2, it's just the 2nd half of the story.

FANIS1993
11-25-2010, 01:50 PM
i can't ****ing imagine playing as a female assassin in ac3 it would destroy the game, i can't even think about that. i hope they don't make us to play as a female. and i also think that maybe we play as desmond son or something. as i read in other forums that maybe all these happening in another time and that desmond son releiving his fathers memories and his ancestors. and i can support this opinion because in the end at the credits we hear some voices without being able to see whats happening and if you heard what they said it sounds like someone is being in another animus all the time living desmond memories. they were saying i think : get him back to the animus then another voice no. and the voices don't sound like shawn or the other girl rebeca i think

Mysterio43
11-25-2010, 01:53 PM
We are not playing as Desmonds son. sheesh.

E-Zekiel
11-25-2010, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by FANIS1993:
i can't ****ing imagine playing as a female assassin in ac3 it would destroy the game, i can't even think about that. i hope they don't make us to play as a female. and i also think that maybe we play as desmond son or something. as i read in other forums that maybe all these happening in another time and that desmond son releiving his fathers memories and his ancestors. and i can support this opinion because in the end at the credits we hear some voices without being able to see whats happening and if you heard what they said it sounds like someone is being in another animus all the time living desmond memories. they were saying i think : get him back to the animus then another voice no. and the voices don't sound like shawn or the other girl rebeca i think

This is pretty sexist and I really think it is extremely unlikely that playing as a female assassin would destroy the game.

Granted, I don't think it would work well, and generally prefer playing as a male character (being male, myself), I would still play it regardless of sex.

Krayus Korianis
11-25-2010, 02:07 PM
So you just skipped Assassin's Creed III?

Mysterio43
11-25-2010, 02:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FANIS1993:

This is pretty sexist and I really think it is extremely unlikely that playing as a female assassin would destroy the game.

Granted, I don't think it would work well, and generally prefer playing as a male character (being male, myself), I would still play it regardless of sex. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How is that sexist? It is not sexist at all. He is just stating that he wouldn't like it and I agree with him that it would ruin the game. Now if he said he doesn't want a female for an assassin because females can't be one due to not being able to do what a man can do, well then that my friend is sexist. throwing in a female assassin would GREATLY effect the tone and feel of the game. Ya a female assassin could be just a brutal and blah blah blah, but I do not think it fits in line with THIS story.

ninja_7_7
11-25-2010, 02:21 PM
They go with a female assassin they will lose sales.

xangie1
11-25-2010, 03:28 PM
Female character?
Yes pleeeeeease! I think that would be awesome!
Together with the theory that the next AC might take place during the French revolution (hint from Shaun at the end) would bring back some childhood-hero-memories.

Don’t know if someone here knows the comic “The Rose of Versailles” about a woman, daughter of a general, becoming captain of the royal guard. (and later join the revolution)

http://img478.imageshack.us/img478/7614/galanime31te1.jpg

I wouldn’t mind at all playing a female character. And I don’t think it would be odd for Desmond to go through some memories of a female ancestor. Or do you think all of his ancestors were solely men?

ninja_7_7
11-25-2010, 04:05 PM
Why would anyone want to play in the French Revolution? All it was, was a chaotic mess.

ubercool777
11-25-2010, 04:20 PM
I don't mind. I'm male, but I don't care if I'm playing a female character if it's a good game. Uncharted 2 for example: If I have my character set to random or playing as new DLC to test it out, and I get picked as Chloe or Elena I don't go "Aw! I'm a girl character!". Chloe and Elena do the same stuff as any other character, so I go "Alright. Let's get it on!" and then I get like 17 kills, not caring who I am currently controlling. Same with the Brotherhood beta: I tried to play as all characters, so I, in fact, played as the Courtesean. So all you other males out there thinking "A girl protagonist would be stupid!" are forgetting that if a game is good, it doesn't matter the protagonist. I feel like I'm the only male saying this, but I say it doesn't matter, and having a girl protagonist would be an interesting twist for Assassin's Creed as a franchise.

Radman500
11-25-2010, 04:25 PM
no.. i dont want an ancestor for ac3 period.. i want ac3 to actully be a full game with desmond...

SirPhist
11-25-2010, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by xangie1:
I wouldn’t mind at all playing a female character. And I don’t think it would be odd for Desmond to go through some memories of a female ancestor. Or do you think all of his ancestors were solely men?

neither would i. i enjoy playing females in my games.

what of altair's grandchildren? maybe his son had a daughter. maybe ezio had a daughter. maybe all the centuries between them saw daughters between sons.

Radman500
11-25-2010, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by SirPhist:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xangie1:

what of altair's grandchildren? maybe his son had a daughter. maybe ezio had a daughter. maybe all the centuries between them saw daughters between sons. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> no..no... thats all great female assassins and stuff... but i really want ac 3, to be 100% desmond... no ancestors.... i mean Desmond is the main character of assassins creed....

SirPhist
11-25-2010, 04:52 PM
i thought brotherhood was going to feature desmond much more than it did anyways, lol

OGCFB
11-25-2010, 04:56 PM
No I do not like the idea of any other assassin besides Desmond in AC3 they need to hurry up and have Desmonds story as the most playable story in AC3 I want atleast 87% of the game to be Desmond...

Keighvin
11-25-2010, 08:17 PM
I would prefer at most 60% Desmond. The whole reason I started playing these games was the historical aspect of it. Having it take place too much in modern times would, I think, ruin the whole point of the games.

DavisP92
11-25-2010, 08:37 PM
I know and love that the next assassin's creed is going to be have a new ancestor. so we will be in the animus again (wish i had an animus at home). but seeing how that assassin's creed 3 is supposed to be the last one of the trilogy. its probably gonna be a super long game. they have to one explain the ending of brotherhood. find the decendent of eve, fight the templars and end the fight between them or whatever they do, stop the world from ending, explain the apple (what desmond will do with it), who are the ppl in the end credits, Lucy, Shaun, and Rebecca's stories, the new ancestor, his story, subject 16. Thats like 70+ hours. And Multiplayer is gonna be in the game, and they HAVE to have co-op so we might even have a seperate story for that. and the story has to be at least like 40-50+ hours. so that's like a 110-120+ hours in the game and then add replay value of multiplayer and if the story for both the single and coop story are as good as AC2 (the best story out of the 3 games so far. my opinion) then its like 500+ hours of gameplay lol.

E-Zekiel
11-25-2010, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by Mysterio43:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by E-Zekiel:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FANIS1993:

Granted, I don't think it would work well, and generally prefer playing as a male character (being male, myself), I would still play it regardless of sex. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How is that sexist? It is not sexist at all. He is just stating that he wouldn't like it and I agree with him that it would ruin the game. Now if he said he doesn't want a female for an assassin because females can't be one due to not being able to do what a man can do, well then that my friend is sexist. throwing in a female assassin would GREATLY effect the tone and feel of the game. Ya a female assassin could be just a brutal and blah blah blah, but I do not think it fits in line with THIS story. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why would a female assassin ruin the game but a male assassin would not?

Sounds like the definition of sexism to me.

I don't think it would work, simply because I just don't see a man synching with a woman. But I would still play it and try it.

Saying that it would ruin the game simply because of what it is really is like the definition of sexism, heh.

Mysterio43
11-25-2010, 09:32 PM
Uhhh nooo. I am saying it would ruin the game because it DOES NOT FIT THE FREAKIN STORY! Your trying to twist things into sexism. So even though you don't see a man synching with a woman, you would still play the game and it would not effect your thought on the game? I find that hard to believe.

Your trying to make it sound like I had something against women and ones that are assassins, NO little man. I am saying it does not fit with the story. Maybe I should put that twice just incase you STILL don't get it.

::::: IT DOES NOT FIT WITH THE STORY :::
If you can not discern the difference between men and woman and how a female character would absolutely change the feel of the game then you got problems.

I hope that's clear enough for you. If there is too be a woman assassin, guess what FINE, but give her another trilogy and story, not this one.

Man are you sure your a guy? Just like my girlfriend, twisting words to fit what you think.

And a little btw, I just had to write my final paper for my college writing class on Feminism and how it has affected men and woman. If you think me saying having a female assassin in this story would ruin the game because it doesn't fit is sexism, then you my friend need to either go back to school or atlest read up.

Guess what one of the biggest negatives was about Feminism.... people falsely accusing men of sexism and using it just like the racial card to try to make others look bad with no real evidence.

E-Zekiel
11-25-2010, 10:00 PM
You're extremely defensive for someone claiming not to be sexist.

Man are you sure your a guy? Just like my girlfriend, twisting words to fit what you think.

Also, geez, how do you not realize that this is even more sexist? lol

Mysterio43
11-25-2010, 10:10 PM
And you seem to like to push buttons. I am not going to be called an anything by anyone because they do not seem to understand what they are saying. How about I blatently call you a racist. Sure now you can say, oh I just won't let it bother me. Ya well if I said it and meant it, it should because people should not go around throwing such words around and is why, maybe to you, I seem "extremely defensive". No, I am upset that people continue to throw such words around and then wonder why people can't get past racial or gender issues. People always want to make someone elses decisions/opinions into something it is not because it doesn't fit others views. Plain and simple it is mean and irresponsible and until people stop throwing these types of accusations around, people will not get past the issue.

Mysterio43
11-25-2010, 10:20 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mysterio43:

Also, geez, how do you not realize that this is even more sexist? lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because I said your just like my girlfriend. I didn't say you were just like a woman or a typical woman. I compared you to one person not a entire gender. smart guy. Keeping twisting.

E-Zekiel
11-25-2010, 10:48 PM
If you say so. You're still the one that said playing a female would ruin the game.

Sparty2020
11-25-2010, 10:53 PM
And you seem to like to push buttons. I am not going to be called an anything by anyone because they do not seem to understand what they are saying. How about I blatently call you a racist. Sure now you can say, oh I just won't let it bother me. Ya well if I said it and meant it, it should because people should not go around throwing such words around and is why, maybe to you, I seem "extremely defensive". No, I am upset that people continue to throw such words around and then wonder why people can't get past racial or gender issues. People always want to make someone elses decisions/opinions into something it is not because it doesn't fit others views. Plain and simple it is mean and irresponsible and until people stop throwing these types of accusations around, people will not get past the issue. I hate how whenever a new game is released these people creep up out of nowhere.

I thought that the Animus was following Desmond's Y-chromosome. You know the father-son direct chromosome. In that case it would be impossible to have a female protagonist. I would enjoy the idea of playing as a female assassin (the whole femme fatale thing sounds cool) but unless we were gonna follow the family of Desmond's mother I highly doubt it.

Mysterio43
11-25-2010, 10:55 PM
It sure would ruin the game because it doesn't fit the game. OMG that is sooo sexist... riiight. Let's see why wouldn't it fit the game? Well for 3/4 of the game and I don't know how many years now, we have been playing as Demsond (a male) who goes back into history through his (male) ancestors. Now in the last game where a ton of questions need to be answered, for giggles, lets have Desmond (a male) play as a female assassin which has no reason to be there because Desmond (male) has to find a eve (female). So unless you want some girl on girl action in the game, there is no reason for a female assassin. Like I said before, IT DOES NOT FIT THE STORY. But I suppose that is all still sexism.

E-Zekiel
11-25-2010, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Sparty2020:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mysterio43:
And you seem to like to push buttons. I am not going to be called an anything by anyone because they do not seem to understand what they are saying. How about I blatently call you a racist. Sure now you can say, oh I just won't let it bother me. Ya well if I said it and meant it, it should because people should not go around throwing such words around and is why, maybe to you, I seem "extremely defensive". No, I am upset that people continue to throw such words around and then wonder why people can't get past racial or gender issues. People always want to make someone elses decisions/opinions into something it is not because it doesn't fit others views. Plain and simple it is mean and irresponsible and until people stop throwing these types of accusations around, people will not get past the issue. I hate how whenever a new game is released these people creep up out of nowhere.

I thought that the Animus was following Desmond's Y-chromosome. You know the father-son direct chromosome. In that case it would be impossible to have a female protagonist. I would enjoy the idea of playing as a female assassin (the whole femme fatale thing sounds cool) but unless we were gonna follow the family of Desmond's mother I highly doubt it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is exactly what I was saying. I just don't see a female assassin "working" - not unless we have a change of protagonists.

What this guy was saying was pretty sexist though. A little too much emphasis on how much the series would be ruined if we played a female assassin.

Then a defensive essay about it kinda solidified it, really.

Mysterio43
11-25-2010, 10:57 PM

I thought that the Animus was following Desmond's Y-chromosome. You know the father-son direct chromosome. In that case it would be impossible to have a female protagonist. I would enjoy the idea of playing as a female assassin (the whole femme fatale thing sounds cool) but unless we were gonna follow the family of Desmond's mother I highly doubt it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly, it doesn't make sense for THIS story.

Mysterio43
11-25-2010, 10:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sparty2020:

This is exactly what I was saying. I just don't see a female assassin "working" - not unless we have a change of protagonists.

What this guy was saying was pretty sexist though. A little too much emphasis on how much the series would be ruined if we played a female assassin.

Then a defensive essay about it kinda solidified it, really. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dude are you serious? the series is going to be over next game!

I didn't say a female assasin wouldn't be cool. It just wouldn't be cool for this freakin story. I don't understand how that is sexism? How?! You want to play as a female, great, give her another series where we can see HER past and story. This is Desmonds story. It has nothing to do with if it is a female or male assassin and everything to do with what fits the damn story, but you can't seem to get that point.

Instead of trying to give a logical reason why a female assassin in THIS SERIES would work and how the story could unfold instead of some stupid reason like "it would be cool", then maybe you could sway my idea.

AimlessSpectre
11-25-2010, 11:01 PM

Also, geez, how do you not realize that this is even more sexist? lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because I said your just like my girlfriend. I didn't say you were just like a woman or a typical woman. I compared you to one person not a entire gender. smart guy. Keeping twisting. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just going to jump in here and say that the "Man are you sure your a guy?" line implies that women are manipulative; so yeah, sexist kind of bleeds through even though you probably don't intend it to.

If that were the case then women would not be able to use the animus. Rebecca has claimed to have used the animus (Rebecca tells Desmond that "she once went into the Animus, but comments that her ancestor's life as a Prussian mercenary was boring, due to spending several hours constantly shooting," which would lead me to believe a female can synchronize with a male. Though that assumes that Prussian mercenaries are all male, I think that that is a fairly valid assumption.), and Lucy says that one of the subjects, 15 I believe, was pregnant, so unless you have a pregnant man who has a y-chromosome then that kind of throws the men only idea out the window.

E-Zekiel
11-25-2010, 11:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sparty2020:

Then a defensive essay about it kinda solidified it, really. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dude are you serious? the series is going to be over next game!

I didn't say a female assasin wouldn't be cool. It just wouldn't be cool for this freakin story. I don't understand how that is sexism? How?! You want to play as a female, great, give her another series where we can see HER past and story. This is Desmonds story. It has nothing to do with if it is a female or male assassin and everything to do with what fits the damn story, but you can't seem to get that point. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Originally posted by Mysterio43: I agree with him that it would ruin the game.

This is what I saw. Maybe you misspoke? I will concede that it was really the original guy (fayis or whatever) that was showing more extreme sexism. You need to check yourself too though lol.

And yar, agreed with AimlessSpectre.

Mysterio43
11-25-2010, 11:11 PM
Ya I said that, but because people want to assume you get these people that want to throw accusations around. Then I clarified WHY I wouldn't want a female assassin in THIS SERIES and still get accusations. But has this guy given any good reason why a female assassin would work in THIS SERIES other than it would be cool? Nope. You know what, playing as Jupiter in the next game would be amazing, but is right? NO! does that make me sexist against Male Gods? No. It plain and simple, does not fit.

Sparty2020
11-25-2010, 11:11 PM
If that were the case then women would not be able to use the animus. Rebecca has claimed to have used the animus (Rebecca tells Desmond that "she once went into the Animus, but comments that her ancestor's life as a Prussian mercenary was boring, due to spending several hours constantly shooting," which would lead me to believe a female can synchronize with a male. Though that assumes that Prussian mercenaries are all male, I think that that is a fairly valid assumption.), and Lucy says that one of the subjects, 15 I believe, was pregnant, so unless you have a pregnant man who has a y-chromosome then that kind of throws the men only idea out the window. Ah, but I said that the Animus was following Desmond's Y-chromosome through history. It is very likely that the Animus is powerful enough to follow both the X and Y chromosomes but in this case we are only interacting with the descendants of Adam/Altair/Ezio which leads me to believe that Desmond's mother is only a regular person while his father is the "true" assassin.

E-Zekiel
11-25-2010, 11:14 PM
I think it's a combination of significance and convenience, tbh.

Also:

Ya I said that, but because people want to assume you get these people that want to throw accusations around. Then I clarified WHY I wouldn't want a female assassin in THIS SERIES and still get accusations. But has this guy given any good reason why a female assassin would work in THIS SERIES other than it would be cool? Nope. You know what, playing as Jupiter in the next game would be amazing, but is right? NO! does that make me sexist against Male Gods? No. It plain and simple, does not fit.

Bigotry doesn't work like that.

I don't think it would fit, either, unless we had a change of protagonist (IRL protagonist) to a female one. Then I think it would. But I would rather continue to follow Desmond. Point still remaining.

Radman500
11-25-2010, 11:22 PM
i really hate the fact that game developers feel obliged to add main female characters, just to make there female gaming fans "happy" and also that they dont get labeled as "sexist"... i think its stupid

kriegerdesgottes
11-25-2010, 11:24 PM

Granted, I don't think it would work well, and generally prefer playing as a male character (being male, myself), I would still play it regardless of sex. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Ok seriously yes it would destroy the game. people say oh it would be a nice change of pace. are you friken kidding me? I'm not sexist at all. I believe women are equal in every way but I still sure the hell don't want to be one in a video game, especially not my favorite one (AC)

SolidSnakeMat
11-25-2010, 11:24 PM
I would love to play as a female assassin. It wouldn't ruin the game at all if you think it would then ya your very sexist.

AimlessSpectre
11-25-2010, 11:26 PM
Ah, but I said that the Animus was following Desmond's Y-chromosome through history. It is very likely that the Animus is powerful enough to follow both the X and Y chromosomes but in this case we are only interacting with the descendants of Adam/Altair/Ezio which leads me to believe that Desmond's mother is only a regular person while his father is the "true" assassin.

Females have two X-chromosomes, males have one x and one y. I know that you are almost certainly aware of this but your logic doesn't make any real sense. Why would it follow Desmond's y specifically in this situation? And if any of his descendants from Altair were female, say if Ezio had a daughter, then the Y-chain would be broken. In all honesty, any 'complete' genetic memory from an ancestor is unrealistic because of all these things which occur during meiosis like independent assortment and crossing-over...

Anyway, for the sake of argument, genetic memory being sexually inherited seems even more far fetched than inheriting memories in general.

If anything it would be inherited from the mother in mitochondrial DNA, but then that would prevent male ancestors from being accessed by the animus, so that's out of the question as far as this fiction is concerned.

Forgive me, I'm a biochem major. Can't help myself.

Radman500
11-25-2010, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by SolidSnakeMat:
I would love to play as a female assassin. It wouldn't ruin the game at all if you think it would then ya your very sexist.

the fact is.. AC3 should not have an ancestor.. and should be 100% desmond...

Radman500
11-25-2010, 11:27 PM
Ah, but I said that the Animus was following Desmond's Y-chromosome through history. It is very likely that the Animus is powerful enough to follow both the X and Y chromosomes but in this case we are only interacting with the descendants of Adam/Altair/Ezio which leads me to believe that Desmond's mother is only a regular person while his father is the "true" assassin.

Females have two X-chromosomes, males have one x and one y. I know that you are almost certainly aware of this but your logic doesn't make any real sense. Why would it follow Desmond's y specifically in this situation? And if any of his descendants from Altair were female, say if Ezio had a daughter, then the Y-chain would be broken. In all honesty, any 'complete' genetic memory from an ancestor is unrealistic because of all these things which occur during meiosis like independent assortment and crossing-over...

Anyway, for the sake of argument, genetic memory being sexually inherited seems even more far fetched than inheriting memories in general.

If anything it would be inherited from the mother in mitochondrial DNA, but then that would prevent male ancestors from being accessed by the animus, so that's out of the question as far as this fiction is concerned.

Forgive me, I'm a biochem major. Can't help myself. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i really hate it when people argue real life stuff in fiction.... nothing personal... just saying

Mysterio43
11-25-2010, 11:29 PM
Bigotry doesn't work like that? Are you serious? So if someone says something people aren't sure of and is questioned on it and the person gives a clarification, that is still bigotry? what hole did you crawl out of? You obviously misunderstood what I orginally meant so I clarified and I am still the sexist? Riiiighht

Dood are you even listening to yourself? Why would we have a change of protagonist? Desmond is the main character through out the entire series. If you don't think a female character would fit, then what the hell are you arguing? We are talking about this series, not the next series of Assassins Creed. If in the next series (if there is one) and it is ALLLLLL about a female assasin and it is 10 games long, I will have no problem with it. none.

Radman500
11-25-2010, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by Keighvin:
I would prefer at most 60% Desmond. The whole reason I started playing these games was the historical aspect of it. Having it take place too much in modern times would, I think, ruin the whole point of the games.

the whole point of the game is desmond miles and his story.. not altair, or ezio.. it is desmond's.... hes the main character of the game series.. he should be the only playable character in ac3

E-Zekiel
11-25-2010, 11:37 PM
Bigotry doesn't work like that? Are you serious? So if someone says something people aren't sure of and is questioned on it and the person gives a clarification, that is still bigotry? what hole did you crawl out of? You obviously misunderstood what I orginally meant so I clarified and I am still the sexist? Riiiighht

Dood are you even listening to yourself? Why would we have a change of protagonist? Desmond is the main character through out the entire series. If you don't think a female character would fit, then what the hell are you arguing? We are talking about this series, not the next series of Assassins Creed. If in the next series (if there is one) and it is ALLLLLL about a female assasin and it is 10 games long, I will have no problem with it. none.

I was simply giving a scenario that would justify having a female ancestor playable in the series, since, you know, it relates to the subject, whereas the person you quoted and were agreeing with was being blatantly sexist

But, to be honest, "dood", I feel that there are better ways in which to disseminate the following information, but this will have to suffice. Mysterio43 argues that I am wanton for wanting to proscribe him and his apparatchiks as the most dangerous enemies of the people. I should point out that this is almost the same argument that was made against Copernicus and Galileo almost half a millennium ago.

Many people are convinced that Mysterio43's smear tactics leave much to be desired. I can't comment on that, but I can say that he, already oppressive with his beer-guzzling utterances, will perhaps be the ultimate exterminator of our human species—if separate species we be—for his reserve of unguessed horrors could never be borne by mortal brains if loosed upon the world. If you think that that's a frightening thought then consider that Mysterio43 claims that he is a model citizen. That claim illustrates a serious reasoning fallacy, one that is pandemic in his tractates. Then again, Mysterio43 is good at stirring his stooges into a frenzied lunacy of hatred and vengeance. Doing so blinds them to the fact that I cannot promise not to be angry at him. I do promise, however, to try to keep my anger under control, to keep it from leading me—as it leads Mysterio43—to squeeze every last drop of blood from our overworked, overtaxed bodies.

Some people have said that Mysterio43 has a taste for interminable controversy over minor questions. Maybe. But I'm more inclined to believe that one can usually be pretty sure when Mysterio43 is lying. Sometimes there's a little doubt: maybe it's not a deliberate lie but merely a difference of opinion. But when Mysterio43 claims that his way of life is correct and everyone else's isn't, there's no room for ambiguity: he's lying. It seems to me that, as others have stated long before me, "he seems to think that he is right and everybody else is wrong." Nice try to create an unwelcome climate for those of us who are striving to take up the mantle and seek some structure in which the cacophony introduced by Mysterio43's views might be systematized, reconciled, and made rational, Mysterio43. Mysterio43 doesn't adequately realize the irritations that he inflicts.

Sparty2020
11-25-2010, 11:43 PM

Forgive me, I'm a biochem major. Can't help myself. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I understand your points (wow I need to get out more lol) but this game, like every other entertainment medium, uses the flawed 6th grade system when it comes to genetics. Arguing theories and hypothesis would accomplish little-to-nothing, in the world of the Animus all of this is fact and we have no choice but to conform. In this case, as we have neither seen nor heard of any of Desmond's assassin ancestors being female, it is only logical to come to the assumption that we are following the Y-chromosome through time.

Who knows, maybe this will be proven false in a later installment, but for now it's the only thing we have to go on. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Mysterio43
11-25-2010, 11:43 PM
Lol, really? using an insult app? Way to put your own thoughts out there buddy. Good one. lol That statement only re-assures me you have no idea what your talking about and can not back up your own claims.

E-Zekiel
11-25-2010, 11:46 PM
Lol, really? using an insult app? Way to put your own thoughts out there buddy. Good one. lol That statement only re-assures me you have no idea what your talking about and can not back up your own claims.

And this only supports that you still have not realized that after noticing your initial sexism and having you demonstrate it infallibly for me on several occasions, all I have been doing for the past few hours is pushing your buttons so that you make a ******* of yourself.

AimlessSpectre
11-25-2010, 11:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AimlessSpectre:

Forgive me, I'm a biochem major. Can't help myself. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I understand your points (wow I need to get out more lol) but this game, like every other entertainment medium, uses the flawed 6th grade system when it comes to genetics. Arguing theories and hypothesis would accomplish little-to-nothing, in the world of the Animus all of this is fact and we have no choice but to conform. In this case, as we have neither seen nor heard of any of Desmond's assassin ancestors being female, it is only logical to come to the assumption that we are following the Y-chromosome through time.

Who knows, maybe this will be proven false in a later installment, but for now it's the only thing we have to go on. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm, touche. Valid point.

Sparty2020
11-25-2010, 11:48 PM
Hmm, touche. Valid point. Ah, the pleasures in having an intelligent conversation in a thread where everyone is posting the "sexist!" finger at each other. lol

E-Zekiel
11-25-2010, 11:49 PM
Eh, I made an intelligent point early on and called out a few people who were being really blatantly phobic. As you may have seen in my above post, I have since just been pushing those peoples' buttons because they continue to prove my point and prove to be amusing to me. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Mysterio43
11-25-2010, 11:50 PM
Riiiiggghht, so being a d**k is cool and standing up to a d**k is being an a$$. I got it little guy. Your sooooo cool. I think Im gonna be just like you and go around and call people names for fun. OMG it's gonna be so amazing! Pushing buttons for fun only comes from children and D**k's. Which are you?

E-Zekiel
11-25-2010, 11:52 PM
Riiiiggghht, so being a d**k is cool and standing up to a d**k is being an a$$. I got it little guy. Your sooooo cool. I think Im gonna be just like you and go around and call people names for fun. OMG it's gonna be so amazing! Pushing buttons for fun only comes from children and D**k's. Which are you?

Actually, from my point of view it was you and the guy you agreed with being "d**k"s. So from my point of view, I stood up to you by calling you out.

I am sorry that tunnel vision is so encompassing...But generally when you have it in one area, it means you have it all over. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Mysterio43
11-25-2010, 11:57 PM
Tunnel vision? really? I seen what I wrote, because of what you originally said, I set out to state my intentions. Who has stayed the course (tunnel vision) of accusing people "for fun" to be a d**K? So basically you are all for the following:

1.being a D**K when questioning someones intentions.
2. Continuing to be a D**k after the person made clear of their intentions
3. Yet continuing to be a D**k and claiming to be intelligent and open to others.
4. Yet continuing to be a D**k by pushing buttons for fun.

You are so right, I have the tunnel vision.::sarcasm::

E-Zekiel
11-26-2010, 12:02 AM
Tunnel vision? really? I seen what I wrote, because of what you originally said, I set out to state my intentions. Who has stayed the course (tunnel vision) of accusing people "for fun" to be a d**K? So basically you are all for the following:

1.being a D**K when questioning someones intentions.
2. Continuing to be a D**k after the person made clear of their intentions
3. Yet continuing to be a D**k and claiming to be intelligent and open to others.
4. Yet continuing to be a D**k by pushing buttons for fun.

You are so right, I have the tunnel vision.::sarcasm::

I didn't accuse you of being sexist because it was fun. I accused you of being sexist for making sexist statements. I then decided to annoy you because you continued to prove my point and I find annoying sexists who don't realize their condition to be highly amusing.

I guess I could refer you to a Sexists Anonymous site instead.

Mysterio43
11-26-2010, 12:09 AM
How about this, I will be the grown up one and end this conversation, since you seem to lack the ability to act like one and want to make accusations and poke people for fun. One day your gonna poke the wrong person and end up with a broken finger.

E-Zekiel
11-26-2010, 12:12 AM
Generally the people I poke are the ones dumb enough to believe me if I point at someone else and say they did it. So someone's finger will be broken, certainly.

tyrce111
11-26-2010, 02:41 AM
We are all decendants of Adam and Eve so abstergo could just kidnap anyone...EVEN A BARTENDER!

Im not trying to start a religious dispute over adam and eve and evolution, so please dont get involved if there is one...

AimlessSpectre
11-26-2010, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by tyrce111:
We are all decendants of Adam and Eve so abstergo could just kidnap anyone...EVEN A BARTENDER!

Im not trying to start a religious dispute over adam and eve and evolution, so please dont get involved if there is one...

If you're christian; yes.

If you're going off of the fiction of assassin's creed, within which god does not exist in the way the bible says; no, we are all not. Adam and Eve's descendants are hybrids of both humans and those who came before.

ZCherub
11-26-2010, 01:52 PM

You should play as a female assassin, but only after the Templar conflict is over & all that's left to do is wash dishes, make sandwiches & walk around barefoot & pregnant. Now that, sir, is sexist http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

KrisMcdonald
11-26-2010, 02:01 PM
there will definatly be more games after the next.....i reckon 2 more,dya think possibly...the next one will focus on desmond again with another ancestor,and at the near end of the game we see a cutscene with the templars with a women in a animus....just think a women has a major part to play in this somewher along the line.....

KrisMcdonald
11-26-2010, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Radman500:
i really hate the fact that game developers feel obliged to add main female characters, just to make there female gaming fans "happy" and also that they dont get labeled as "sexist"... i think its stupid

dont agree....did ubisoft change lara croft to a man??????

Samkillz
11-26-2010, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Radman500:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SirPhist:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xangie1:

what of altair's grandchildren? maybe his son had a daughter. maybe ezio had a daughter. maybe all the centuries between them saw daughters between sons. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> no..no... thats all great female assassins and stuff... but i really want ac 3, to be 100% desmond... no ancestors.... i mean Desmond is the main character of assassins creed.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with you... mostly. I suspect that AC3 is gonna be a 2 part story. First half, find temples via new Assassin in Animus. Second, Playing as Desmond in modern times, find the girl that Juno talks about in the end of AC Brotherhood, destroy Abstergo, therefore stopping the launch. I also really doubt the fact that you're a person who's really just going through Desmond's memories. That really:
1) F***s up the story, as we're suppossed to stop the world being destroyed in 2012. So unless Desmond can knock up a woman and have her give birth in 2 months, that idea is gone out of the window.
2) The deveopers have firmly stated that the central hub of the Assassin's Creed arcline is purely Desmond's story. They wouldn't suddenly bring in a different main character.
It's his story, no-one else's.

This is SamKillz signing off.

EdgeX4
11-26-2010, 04:15 PM
You mean playing as a female assassin? hmm Nah ain't gonna happen. Desmond's story need to be adressed.

RebeccaLH
11-26-2010, 04:31 PM
I dont see any reason to change to a female charachter now after playing as males also i think the next game wil be mostly focused on desmond.
To play a female assasin mabye it would be to find the descendent of eve...

ubercool777
11-26-2010, 04:55 PM
Given the time periods the AC games, women had really no say in things, so playing as a female would be interesting.

------------------------------------------------
Phrases I made that are moving:
-I believe in teamwork, but if you don't help out, you're on your own.
-Without darkness, there cannot be light.
-Light is only a relative perspective.
-Humor is the main ingredient in the recipie of life.