PDA

View Full Version : Need 2x2000kg to Destroy 'Submerged Sub'.

ytareh
02-24-2009, 05:56 PM
I can only manage to destroy the 'submerged sub' (periscope only visible)with a close landing of the 2xSC2000 kg bombs on Ju88.Anybody can do better?Is this anyway 'historically' accurate or is it just another of the little oversimplifications in game?I know that bombs arent as effective as depth charges against submerged subs but the chances of a direct hit on a periscope by skip bombing are fairly slim .Oleg's sea must have a certain 'depth' modelled as torpedoes can go UNDER ships if launched from too high and too fast ... I would like to go on a sub hunting mission and cant imagine 2x2000kg is going to be a practical loadout for marathon oversea missions...(and Id prefer fly red in this scenario anyway)
On a more positive , succesful note certain small motor torpedo boats can be taken out with a single shot of the 75mm in the (modded) HS129 and presumbably B25 ...!

ytareh
02-24-2009, 06:04 PM
Actually now that I try I cant get torps to go 'under' ships although it does appear as if they drop down in the water with a fast launch particularly from a high drop...

general_kalle
02-25-2009, 02:15 PM
dont think ive ever tried attacking the submerged sub ever.
i find them fairly unusable in the mission builder,
theyre impossible to spot and you cant use them for realistic anti convoj attacks as they seam to have unlimited supply of torpedos.

Crazy_Goanna
02-25-2009, 03:03 PM
Try the nuke and let us know what happens!