PDA

View Full Version : Nvidia settings for 46 - where is setup tab??

PikeBishop
02-24-2007, 10:03 AM
Dear all,
I have just followed the instructions for setting up the best graphics for the 6800's by Scragbat but I cannot work out how (or what is meant by) to get to the setup tab in the 46 folder to set up textures etc. Could you give me step-by-step instructions....I have a 6800 ultra.
best regards,
SLP

Monty_Thrud
02-24-2007, 10:08 AM
Do you mean?...

Start>all programs>Ubisoft>IL2 Sturmovik 1946>Setup

or the Conf.ini folder in the main folder?

VMF-214_HaVoK
02-24-2007, 10:10 AM
Well there is different ways to get there, but an easy one is too...click on Start, then all programs, then Ubisoft, then IL-2 Sturmovik 1946, there you will see Setup. Just click on it.

PikeBishop
02-24-2007, 10:23 AM
this is what I'm having trouble with. After making a profile for the card in the graphics settings which I have done the instructions then go on to talk about clicking on the settings tab in the in the 46 folder to adjust Dither and Vertex arrays and I cannot find anything like that in the 46 program folder. could it be that he means the INI file or what??
SLP.

Chris0382
02-24-2007, 12:06 PM
You can start 1946 and go into hardware setup> graphics or you can go into the 1946 folder on your HD and run the setup exe. There are different options in each way.

There are also tweaks you can do by editing (opening) the conf.ini file with wordpad or notebook.

There are 3 diff ways we can tweak graphics in 1946; try them all and see if you can find what you need with conf.ini editing being last resort.

dbillo
02-24-2007, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by PikeBishop:
...the instructions then go on to talk about clicking on the settings tab in the in the 46 folder to adjust Dither and Vertex arrays and I cannot find anything like that in the 46 program folder...
I'm pretty sure this is referring to the Video tab in il2setup. Run il2setup, as others have described, go to the Video tab, and select "Custom" in the Settings pulldown. That will give you the things you mentioned.

Feathered_IV
02-25-2007, 05:29 AM
Originally posted by dbillo:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PikeBishop:
...the instructions then go on to talk about clicking on the settings tab in the in the 46 folder to adjust Dither and Vertex arrays and I cannot find anything like that in the 46 program folder...
I'm pretty sure this is referring to the Video tab in il2setup. Run il2setup, as others have described, go to the Video tab, and select "Custom" in the Settings pulldown. That will give you the things you mentioned. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry about the confusion. My fault that I didn't explain properly when I put that little guide together http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/1072.gif

dbillo is quite right. I was referring to the il2setup icon which you will find inside the game folder. Double click on that, and everything will become clear http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/partyhat.gif