PDA

View Full Version : MW 3 Vs. AC:R

FilipinoNinja67
08-16-2011, 08:21 PM
I had a debate with some kid on xbox about AC and CoD. It was about CoD being the same game over and over again and the only thing new he knew aout was new guns, new perks, new maps and he already pre ordered it. I know more bout MW 3 than he does and im not even buying it!

Then he asked me oh yeah! Whats new about Assassins Creed! i went on for 20 minutes just listing the new things about it and he said. oh yeah! well im still buying CoD!

I laughed. CoD has more fanboys than any other game, i even tried talkin to him bout Battlefield 3 which looks awesome and he didnt wanna hear anything about it because he was too busy spinning around in a circle and hitting R.

I just hope that AC doesnt end up like CoD and do you guys think that AC could end up like CoD? Just selling the same game over and over for years?

Jexx21
08-16-2011, 08:51 PM
Didn't UbiSoft say that they would stop selling Assassin's Creed games if they couldn't add anything new to it?

LightRey
08-16-2011, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
Didn't UbiSoft say that they would stop selling Assassin's Creed games if they couldn't add anything new to it?
They did? Would be a good thing though. Game series need to end when their time has come.

Blind2Society
08-16-2011, 09:41 PM
I will be buying and enjoying the hell out of both. As well as like 20 other awesome games that will be coming out in the near future.

ace3001
08-16-2011, 09:47 PM
Urgh! Hipster alert!
Why do people think it makes them "cool" if they hate on CoD? The hate is getting really stale now. Sure, AC's the better series by far, but that doesn't mean CoD is bad. Sure, it rehashes the same core gameplay mechanics, but at the end of the day, it's damn good mindless fun. And having fun is what should matter, not whether the game is too similar to its predecessor or not.

ThaWhistle
08-16-2011, 09:49 PM
the only game I know I'm definitely getting this fall is BF3.

cuz who knows if ACR is gonna be out on PC then, or in spring of 2012.

LightRey
08-16-2011, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by Blind2Society:
I will be buying and enjoying the hell out of both. As well as like 20 other awesome games that will be coming out in the near future.
I'll at least be getting ACR and Halo Anniversary. Yay for nostalgia.

nickfern19
08-16-2011, 09:52 PM
I saw some of the multiplayer footage of MW3 and honestly I played on a modded Call of Duty 4 server very much like it. And although Assassin's Creed 2 and Brotherhood were no different from each other, I'm sure that Revelations will be significantly different. I think of Assassin's Creed 2 as part 1, Brotherhood being part 1.5, and Revelations being part 2. And I doubt Ubisoft will just continue to sell a slightly different game every year, since most of it is story. Almost all of the experience in Call of Duty comes from multiplayer gameplay with less story. As long as Assassin's Creed doesn't come with a zombies mode, they won't sell out.

LightRey
08-16-2011, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by nickfern19:
I saw some of the multiplayer footage of MW3 and honestly I played on a modded Call of Duty 4 server very much like it. And although Assassin's Creed 2 and Brotherhood were no different from each other, I'm sure that Revelations will be significantly different. I think of Assassin's Creed 2 as part 1, Brotherhood being part 1.5, and Revelations being part 2. And I doubt Ubisoft will just continue to sell a slightly different game every year, since most of it is story. Almost all of the experience in Call of Duty comes from multiplayer gameplay with less story. As long as Assassin's Creed doesn't come with a zombies mode, they won't sell out.
True. I've always found AC to be mostly about the story. The awesome gameplay is just a really really really cool bonus.

kriegerdesgottes
08-16-2011, 10:04 PM
I usually have zero to no interest for any game coming out except the AC game but there are a lot of great games coming out this year. I want Arkham City, Battlefield 3, and of course more importantly ACR. Even Far Cry 3 looks decent this time.

GunnarGunderson
08-16-2011, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Andrew116:
I had a debate with some kid on xbox about AC and CoD. It was about CoD being the same game over and over again and the only thing new he knew aout was new guns, new perks, new maps and he already pre ordered it. I know more bout MW 3 than he does and im not even buying it!

Then he asked me oh yeah! Whats new about Assassins Creed! i went on for 20 minutes just listing the new things about it and he said. oh yeah! well im still buying CoD!

I laughed. CoD has more fanboys than any other game, i even tried talkin to him bout Battlefield 3 which looks awesome and he didnt wanna hear anything about it because he was too busy spinning around in a circle and hitting R.

I just hope that AC doesnt end up like CoD and do you guys think that AC could end up like CoD? Just selling the same game over and over for years?

You seem to have created this thread to mostly bash CoD (And I'm to stranger to bashing CoD) but I don't think this is the place for it.

Anyway, it's unfortunate that people seem to group CoD and AC together just because they're annual series and they just assume every new AC is just the same game repackaged like it is with CoD

Originally posted by kolitha.kuruppu:
Urgh! Hipster alert!
Why do people think it makes them "cool" if they hate on CoD? The hate is getting really stale now. Sure, AC's the better series by far, but that doesn't mean CoD is bad. Sure, it rehashes the same core gameplay mechanics, but at the end of the day, it's damn good mindless fun. And having fun is what should matter, not whether the game is too similar to its predecessor or not.

Sure, CoD is good mindless fun but there's no point in buying it every year, yet everyone does it. And for most developers game making is just the pursuit of money, and their's no point using alot of money and taking alot of time to make a splendid sequel when you can just release a DLC pack as a full game every year and make much more money. Like it or not, the industry would be much better if CoD4 was never the huge success that it was.

NewBlade200
08-16-2011, 10:40 PM
Well, it depends on how much of a profit each game makes. They will emphasize certain aspects of the game that they believe sells. That means if they think a well thought out, deep story with missions and gameplay that gives freedom while still holding true to the original sneaky-stabbyness of AC1 but at the same time adding new things in sells (which they evidently do not) then they will emphasize that. If they believe a game with a simple, shallow somtimes cheesy story that constricts you to a certain linear path whilst throwing explosions at you sells (which they evidently do) you will see more of that.

At the end of the day all large, profiting AAA games will go down the toilet because of their success. Originality isn't a bottomless well. The only things that change that is what the devs want (or have to) do. If a dev team decide to just end a series then good on them! They have both given up money for art and preserved their final game in the series as what people will remember of it. The longer it goes without this, the worse it gets.
The AC games are going I'd say they have another 5 years left before really crashing and burning. Hopefully they would have retired the series by then.

FilipinoNinja67
08-17-2011, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by kolitha.kuruppu:
Urgh! Hipster alert!

I dont hate CoD, I'm just sick of 7 years of the same thing.

Mr_Shade
08-17-2011, 11:06 AM
I will be buying and enjoying the hell out of both. As well as like 20 other awesome games that will be coming out in the near future. Indeed...

MW3 vs ACR - slightly odd fight... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Blind2Society
08-17-2011, 11:06 AM
Honestly, what do you want them to change other than maps, guns and perks? It's a game about warfare. Do you want them to add space ships laser guns and aliens? Come on now the game is what it is and it's a great game. I spend 60 bucks and get a year's worth of fun.....and agony. If it wasn't for them releasing a game every year it would just become stale.

Oh and by the way, this...

Originally posted by Bradkinn:
Sure, CoD is good mindless fun but there's no point in buying it every year, yet everyone does it. And for most developers game making is just the pursuit of money, and their's no point using alot of money and taking alot of time to make a splendid sequel when you can just release a DLC pack as a full game every year and make much more money. Like it or not, the industry would be much better if CoD4 was never the huge success that it was.
....is a load of dribble.

nickfern19
08-17-2011, 11:36 AM
Well, this is a different discussion than what the title implies. We're not comparing the two games, but more like how they had and will turn turn out. But to be honest, the guys who are making Call of Duty really do take any chance they can to get some extra cash. The Turtle Beach MW3 Headphones? Call of Duty Elite and COD XP? It's not always a bad thing, but like what Blind2Society said, it's warfare. They can't really change much in the game except use different maps. I think Black Ops kind of fixed all the cheap tactics aspects that came from MW2 but they didn't bring the same playstyle as the previous game. This is just what happens when two seperate game makers are trying to overthrow each other for the title of world's best FPS.

Warforger
08-17-2011, 12:01 PM
Well they both have absurd storylines, well AC you have to step back and examine it to see just how preposterous it is.

I can't really say the next one will not be more of the same, but with CoD it's just multiplayer that's more of the same, in AC it's the singleplayer and more of the same tends to be good like say no one complained about New Vegas. If it's multiplayer though then it just gets worse, because nothing's changed, while with singleplayer the quests tend to be very different.

Animuses
08-17-2011, 12:49 PM
Call of Doody

AubreyWilborn
08-17-2011, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by ThaWhistle:
the only game I know I'm definitely getting this fall is BF3.

cuz who knows if ACR is gonna be out on PC then, or in spring of 2012.

^^DITTO. And as for the AC series becoming like the COD series-in my opinion that's already happening.

AC games are supposed to be all about storyline, but that's starting to slip ever since they started releasing one game every year.....just like Call of Duty. IMO, the storyline of ACB wasn't quite up to AC standards. AC1's story was good, AC2's story was AMAZING, and ACB's story was..meh. I hope AC'S decreasing story value isn't due to Patrice leaving.

Blind2Society
08-17-2011, 01:35 PM
I'm of the impression that ACR will put the notion that AC is going downhill to rest. Granted the story in Brotherhood, or rather lack there of, was shameful I feel ACR will restore faith in Ubi.

Animuses
08-17-2011, 01:37 PM
I'm of the impression that ACR will put the notion that AC is going downhill to rest. Granted the story in Brotherhood, or rather lack there of, was shameful I feel ACR will restore faith in Ubi.
I agree with that, but I'm still kind of iffy about it.

LightRey
08-18-2011, 04:30 AM
Originally posted by Animuses:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blind2Society:
I agree with that, but I'm still kind of iffy about it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Will people stop saying the story in ACB being bad is some sort of general opinion? It's actually generally considered a really good story. It really is just your opinion.

AubreyWilborn
08-18-2011, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Animuses:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blind2Society:
I agree with that, but I'm still kind of iffy about it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Will people stop saying the story in ACB being bad is some sort of general opinion? It's actually generally considered a really good story. It really is just your opinion. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol, ACB'S story being good is an opinion, too. I know ACB got an award for it's story; how IT did, and AC2 didn't is beyond me. But anyway, plenty of people think ACB's story was rushed, weak, and not up to previous AC standards.

roostersrule2
08-18-2011, 08:15 AM
AC has always been about the story and in every game it will be brilliant ACB had a good storyline that could probably beat most other games storylines but it was not as good as AC1 or AC2 but ACR will have the best storyline yet

Drakonous505
08-18-2011, 08:19 AM
My plan: Getting Skyrim on 11/11/11 play it for 3 days then get ACR and play that till I've finished it all the way through then go in between both

LightRey
08-18-2011, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by AubreyWilborn:
Lol, ACB'S story being good is an opinion, too. I know ACB got an award for it's story; how IT did, and AC2 didn't is beyond me. But anyway, plenty of people think ACB's story was rushed, weak, and not up to previous AC standards.
That is a minority. The majority of the players think ACB had a great story. That's why it got an award for it in the first place.

dchil279
08-18-2011, 08:34 AM
CoD has the most fanboys because it has the most fans. For every game franchise there is a certain percentage of fans that are fanboys. CoD just happens to have the biggest fanbase therefore the most fanboys, but AC has lots too, and you sir (the OP) are one of them.

Animuses
08-18-2011, 10:18 AM
That is a minority. The majority of the players think ACB had a great story. That's why it got an award for it in the first place.
From what I've seen, the majority of the players think the storyline was weak.
Never assume anything, everyone sees it differently.

LightRey
08-18-2011, 10:40 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
Never assume anything, everyone sees it differently. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I don't assume anything. The fact that it got a prize for it should already be proof enough that I'm right.

Jexx21
08-18-2011, 10:42 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
Never assume anything, everyone sees it differently. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, you see what you see on the internet. Most people who actually talk about games on the internet (specifically forums like these) are really into the series and are also the minority of players.

They're just the most vocal. At the same time, Brotherhood probably got an award for it's story because it sold the most out of any of the AC games due to it being the newest installment (the newest installment always almost gets better sales in a good series) and the fact that it has multiplayer.

Oh and I found the storyline for AC:B very enjoyable. Better than AC1 actually because while playing through AC1 you realize just how repetitive it gets. Kill a guy, he talks about how he thinks what he was doing is just (unless your that executioner), he dies, you talk to Al Mualim. ACB's story had less quality compared to AC2, but not compared to AC1 in my opinion.

reddragonhrcro
08-18-2011, 10:49 AM
Well if you consider that most of CoD fans are actualy little kids than yes it has lots of fans.Eventualy the Cod fans are becoming like the WoW fans who simply can not see anything else except that game.Cleary to me i started to hate CoD cuz every freaking year they bring one and the same **** with barely some improvements.That is a sure way to its downfall when they use up every of their ideas for games that every year look the same.

Jexx21
08-18-2011, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by reddragonhrcro:
Well if you consider that most of CoD fans are actualy little kids than yes it has lots of fans.Eventualy the Cod fans are becoming like the WoW fans who simply can not see anything else except that game.Cleary to me i started to hate CoD cuz every freaking year they bring one and the same **** with barely some improvements.That is a sure way to its downfall when they use up every of their ideas for games that every year look the same.

I actually consider CoD fans worse than WoW fans.

Besides, at least Blizzard looks like they're trying to shake WoW up a bit.

reddragonhrcro
08-18-2011, 11:01 AM
Yeah you are actualy right they are worse.

nickfern19
08-18-2011, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by reddragonhrcro:

Besides, at least Blizzard looks like they're trying to shake WoW up a bit. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Blizzard's trying to change WoW but so far what I've heard not for the better. If you see people talking on SW:The Old Republic forums there are a lot of ex-WoW players that really got bored of the game and even worse when they added new stuff.

I really think CoD fans are worse, especially since I got bored yesterday and haven't played MW2 for a while. As soon as I died someone called me a "dumb scrub".

Jexx21
08-18-2011, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by nickfern19:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by reddragonhrcro:

Besides, at least Blizzard looks like they're trying to shake WoW up a bit. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Blizzard's trying to change WoW but so far what I've heard not for the better. If you see people talking on SW:The Old Republic forums there are a lot of ex-WoW players that really got bored of the game and even worse when they added new stuff.

I really think CoD fans are worse, especially since I got bored yesterday and haven't played MW2 for a while. As soon as I died someone called me a "dumb scrub". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I haven't played CoD, so I wouldn't really know. I just know that CoD-fans are so adamant about their game.

I haven't played WoW either :/ I don't really like P2P MMO's, which is why I play more of the Guild Wars MMO types.

Biomedical-Fire
08-18-2011, 09:04 PM
My most anticipated date this Fall is; 11-11-11 when TES:V Skyrim is out. I have been waiting for a new TES game ever since I finished Oblivion. So I tend to think that Skyrim is the most anticipated game come this November.

ThaWhistle
08-18-2011, 11:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AubreyWilborn:
That is a minority. The majority of the players think ACB had a great story. That's why it got an award for it in the first place. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Hurt Locker sucked and was basically just a rip off of ever other war movie ever made but that didnt stop it from getting got an Oscar for Best Picture. Taht is to say, awards dont always go ot quality, even though I think ACB was very good.

But it was short, and not nearly as in depth as AC2 was. but there was alot of stuff to do, so it felt even shorter and less significant.

I feel that ACB was just too short with the main story. But it seemed like ACB was more about desmond. And I liked that. I hope ACR will have both.

StarScream391
08-20-2011, 03:15 AM
Call of Doodie Modem warfail 3 is another copy and paste of MW2 with a few tweaks, new stuff and maps. Same applies for ACR, ACR will be another copy and paste of ACB with some improvements new skins and maps and just another short singleplayer game, on the other hand BF3 will not be a copy and paste so BF3>ACR AND MW3.

masterfenix2009
08-20-2011, 05:46 AM
I will just quote what Cavalrok said, if he doesn't mind
Originally posted by Calvarok:
I understand that there are flaws in the formula, but with each game they fix every single existing system that is good, throw out the ones that are bad, and introduce new ones. And never have they done this more than with Revelations. Even AC2 didn't have as many new significant mechanics as this, what with the new bombs, eagle sense, and the hookblade, which affects basically everything, including the most complained about part: the freerunning. Watching a few multipalyer videos that show it in use, I am extremely impressed and excited that I'm going to play an Assassins creed game with new animations for climbing for once, not to mention new speed for climbing.

Brotherhood felt like a lesser but still good sequel to me. Revelations is shaping up to be better in terms of the leap of innovation than AC2.

Random events, so after the game is done I don't even have to replay missions to experience actual content, actual fleshed out side mission assassinations for the multiplayer characters, Assassins dens that can be attacked by templars, more involvement with recruits, 3 different types of bombs and about 4 subtypes in each category, better cinematics an action sequences which are more interactive and build off of the actual gameplay, Eagle sense allowing me to truly observe my surroundings and plan, enhanced freedom of movement through the hookblade allowing you to zipline, climb faster, do new freerunning actions such as launching yourself from a swinging pot, and grab enemies during combat, and also through the moving attack system, which allows me to enter or exit combat in a stylish and quick way, without slowing my pace, an enhanced graphics engine, TWO giant free-roam cities in vibrant and interesting locations, and even more story missions that take place in unique locations and maps! Not to mention the redone visual style of the Animus , and the Desmond gameplay in the black room, AND the seals gameplay featuring set-pieces from Altair's life!

AND Multiplayer with better servers, more abilities, and streamlined UI and content!

Wow. That makes every other AC look sparse on content. and apparantly you still bought THEM for 60 bucks.

EDIT: AC's level of quality gets higher with every game. this is evident in almost every facet of it. I have seen many worse game series that wait several years before releasing the next one.

SupremeCaptain
08-20-2011, 05:58 AM
I'll only stop buying the AC series if they become all about explosions, like the are slowly becoming now.

I'm still not entirely convinced to get Revelations yet. Brotherhood annoyed the Hell out of me with it's tedious climbing.