PDA

View Full Version : Rudder wont centre

svantesson1980
10-14-2005, 04:48 PM
Im using the x45 stick and when i let go of the rudder on the stick the ingame rudder wont centre. Is this how its suppoused to be?

FoolTrottel
10-14-2005, 05:02 PM
Hi, and Welcome!

The in-game rudder won't centre?

Hm, what version (including patches) of the game are you flying?

If and when it's the 4.01(m), it could be you need to trim the rudder, to compensate for torque...
(In that case, after centering the rudder, the plane might still veer to left or rigth, depending on the engine)

How do you tell it does not centred?

Is it centred when you check Control Panel, Game Controllers?

Is it visible in the position of the rudder (external view), or is it the 'ball' not being centred?

Have Fun!

PS, go get pedals!

svantesson1980
10-14-2005, 06:11 PM
Im using the 4.01 version. Too tell that its not centered i simply press F2(exterior view) and watch the rudder. I have messed with both the windows control panel settings and the ingame input settings. They are both centered when i dont touch the stick rudder. In flight i have no problem with the rudder, but at take offs!!

You say it might head right or left depending on engine. Why? I mean real flight physics why?

"PS, go get pedals!" I have enough cords and **** on my desk as it is http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

FritzGryphon
10-15-2005, 12:22 AM
If your calibration screen shows the rudder working correctly, there is nothing wrong with it. You can also go to the 'input' settings in the game menu to check it.

The aircraft swinging to one side on takeoff is due to the propellor torque and slipstream effects. You have to counter these effects with the rudder.

Torque is the propellor pushing on the air, and the air pushing back, causing roll (or, on the ground, yaw).

Slipstream is the vortex-shaped air coming off the propellor, striking the wings and vertical stabilizer, causing roll and yaw.

These effects are also present in flight, to a lesser extent, depending on speed.

Lav69
10-15-2005, 05:41 AM
Originally posted by svantesson1980:
Im using the 4.01 version. Too tell that its not centered i simply press F2(exterior view) and watch the rudder. I have messed with both the windows control panel settings and the ingame input settings. They are both centered when i dont touch the stick rudder. In flight i have no problem with the rudder, but at take offs!!

You say it might head right or left depending on engine. Why? I mean real flight physics why?

"PS, go get pedals!" I have enough cords and **** on my desk as it is http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Real flight physics, yes. Because of torque created by the prop and depending on which way it is spinning the a/c will be pushed one way or another. You correct this with rudder and rudder trim.

And as for pedals they go under your desk so you won't be adding more clutter.

svantesson1980
10-15-2005, 07:42 AM
Thanks, good to know that everything is as it should be.