PDA

View Full Version : Dedicated server question

CD_kp84yb
02-01-2005, 09:41 AM
Howdy Guys and Girls

I had asked UBI a qeustion about running a dedicated server at Ubi, the problem is it shows up in the 1.22 room. Well i never thought this but they answered me.
Looks like im send to the forest.

Here is my question:
Hello

I have a question about the dedicated server (launcher), Why does the server show up in the wrong room??
You got 2 rooms to choose, Il2FB and IL2FBaces but nomatter what you choose it always shows up in the 1.22 room.
I want to run a dedicated server here for IL2 forgotten battles version 3.04m.
Wich brings me back to a question i asked before and never got any reply from you.
We are not able to host behind a router , even we forward ports or make a DMZ server, people get timed out.
When you goto my reference number 040321-000143 you will see that you have stated the problem solved, but i still havent had an answer yet

Greetings hans

And here is the answer lol:

Response (Uk technical support) - 02/01/2005 07:57 AM
Hi Hans,
Though we provide the facility for users to host dedicated servers, unfortunately we do not provide support for the implementation of this feature. There are simply to many variables and factors for us to provide any kind of accurate support and as such we leave the game communities to confer with themselves in respect to dedicated server issues. Please post your query on the IL2 forums.

Hmmm so here i just asked the same question, has anyone any clue what they talk about and how to get the dedicated server running in the aces (2.0>3.04m room ).
Hehe they still havent answered my first question about the router issue. Hmmm no more Ubi games for me when you get this kind of support, I realy hope that when BOB is realeased whe can buy it directly from 1C, pay them, get a personal downloadkey, download it, add your registrationkey to it (2 keys im talking) and burn it on dvd/CD.
It looks the best for me.

Greetings
Ow before you started all, I do HAVE hyperlobby i run a dedicated sometimes there, LOL waste of time hehe, whatever setting i use hardly noone joins.

CYA

CD_kp84yb
02-01-2005, 09:41 AM
Howdy Guys and Girls

I had asked UBI a qeustion about running a dedicated server at Ubi, the problem is it shows up in the 1.22 room. Well i never thought this but they answered me.
Looks like im send to the forest.

Here is my question:
Hello

I have a question about the dedicated server (launcher), Why does the server show up in the wrong room??
You got 2 rooms to choose, Il2FB and IL2FBaces but nomatter what you choose it always shows up in the 1.22 room.
I want to run a dedicated server here for IL2 forgotten battles version 3.04m.
Wich brings me back to a question i asked before and never got any reply from you.
We are not able to host behind a router , even we forward ports or make a DMZ server, people get timed out.
When you goto my reference number 040321-000143 you will see that you have stated the problem solved, but i still havent had an answer yet

Greetings hans

And here is the answer lol:

Response (Uk technical support) - 02/01/2005 07:57 AM
Hi Hans,
Though we provide the facility for users to host dedicated servers, unfortunately we do not provide support for the implementation of this feature. There are simply to many variables and factors for us to provide any kind of accurate support and as such we leave the game communities to confer with themselves in respect to dedicated server issues. Please post your query on the IL2 forums.

Hmmm so here i just asked the same question, has anyone any clue what they talk about and how to get the dedicated server running in the aces (2.0>3.04m room ).
Hehe they still havent answered my first question about the router issue. Hmmm no more Ubi games for me when you get this kind of support, I realy hope that when BOB is realeased whe can buy it directly from 1C, pay them, get a personal downloadkey, download it, add your registrationkey to it (2 keys im talking) and burn it on dvd/CD.
It looks the best for me.

Greetings
Ow before you started all, I do HAVE hyperlobby i run a dedicated sometimes there, LOL waste of time hehe, whatever setting i use hardly noone joins.

CYA

Troll2k
02-01-2005, 02:31 PM
I believe there was a fix for the game showing in the wrong lobby.Unfortunately I do not recall the solution.This was for hosting from within the game,not using a dedicated server.

However I can tell you that Ubi.com does not support hosting from behind a router.

CD_kp84yb
02-02-2005, 09:36 AM
well thanks for the response,hehe we have been busy to get the router issue for how long?? since FB1.2,looks like ages to me. they are not bothered or capable to solve these issues.

Thank god 1c/maddox doesnt have the same support,