PDA

View Full Version : Did something lame

Jungmann
08-25-2007, 11:16 PM
I was d/ling some new offline campaigns. I stuck an RN campaign into my RAF folder by mistake. Somehow it changed all the RAF ranks in all the RAF campaigns to RN ranks.

Got the RN campaign into the right folder, but my RAF folder still has RN ranks for everything in it.

Can somebody tell me the lameo thing I did and what file I mess with to get the right ranks back?

Thanks, good people.

Enforcer572005
08-26-2007, 01:30 AM
Man that is the first time I've heard of that. I've placed cmpns in the wrong folder to, but not had that happen. Maybe placing another correct cmpn in that folder will reverse it?

ronison
08-26-2007, 01:31 AM
I think what happened is the Royal Navy has now taken over all of the defense responsibilities of Great Briton. In doing so they absorbed all of the Royal Air Force and made them conform to their rank structure!

But to the serious note... the rank structures got changed more than likely. Best thing to do is go into another copy of the game if you have it and transfer the files over. I have them on mine and will see if I can somehow get them PMed over to you. Don't know if that is possible but will check now.

Nope can't do that through the PM but you could PM me with your Email and I could send them that way.

scaredycat1
08-26-2007, 01:52 AM
Ahh.. so thats why my German campains have Russian ranks..

DuxCorvan
08-26-2007, 02:11 AM
Your RN campaign didn't come alone. It also probably copied new rank and medal files over the existing ones.

Waldo.Pepper
08-26-2007, 02:31 AM
I expect this may do the trick Jungmann. The contents of my C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\Missions\Campaign\RN directory, zipped up.

http://www.zshare.net/download/3320052bba28a4/

Worth a try anyway.

Jungmann
08-26-2007, 12:23 PM
Thanks, Waldo. I'll give it a shot.

Jungmann
08-26-2007, 12:37 PM
Simple enough fix. Waldo's d/l showed me where the rank file was in 1946. Somehow my rank file had gotten corrupted and been taken over by the RN ranks. RAF ranks had been re-written as a rank_cs file. Simple copy and paste, and bob's your uncle, as our British cousins say.

A relief. I would not want to be dueling in the skies with Molders and Rall and be a RN sprog.