PDA

View Full Version : I-16 landing gear - so terribly vexed.



Sir.Robin-1337
01-29-2005, 02:18 PM
After the fiasco that resulted from my miscalculation by 0.000001, I wanted to investigate further the anomaly that is the Polikarpov I-16.

Now, apologies for my iteration, but I often teach my students that the key, the basis, the very foundations to an ace virtual pilot, is the ability to successfully raise the landing gear.

However, the I-16 poses an inexplicable problem. I am unable to raise the landing gear.
I checked my bindings "raise gear" mapped to a Z axis, however the gear failed to raise.

Now with this inability, I wonder, why do some choose to fly the inferior performing plane that the I-16 is, further more, with the incapacitation that the gear stuck down, presents.

Slechtvalk
01-29-2005, 02:24 PM
i-16 got manual gear. Set keys to manual gear in il-2.

Like shift g and shift v

Taylortony
01-29-2005, 02:30 PM
then you have to press them repeatedly to raise or lower it...... another nice touch http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

SeaFireLIV
01-29-2005, 02:32 PM
If you didn`t keep nicking the winding handle for the I16 and using them to crank your bf109 engine you`d find it easier to raise them gears..

We REAL I16 pilots are watching you!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/SeaFireLIV/ijolly.jpg

heywooood
01-29-2005, 02:54 PM
heheheh...your gear, like your pants, are always down....now if you will just stop trying to use the lever to raise your pants.... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif we can get on with our collective pointing and laughing at you.

HW3
01-29-2005, 03:00 PM
Ah Sir Robin, me thinks per chance you be fishing with good bait again. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Chuck_Older
01-29-2005, 03:02 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Robin, I'm so disappointed

This one isn't even mildly beleiveable. You used to put content ahead of your prose, now your flowery verse is your content. How sad.

You'll get 'em next time, Tiger

Oleg e-mailed me, by the way. He asked me to tell you this:


"sirrobbin, D model is best for sig pics, two blade prop is best, be sure"

NorrisMcWhirter
01-29-2005, 03:10 PM
Hi,

The key to the I16 gear is that they are gravity controlled. Simply turn on your back and the gear will fall back into the wing bays. I fly inverted all the time with the I-16 and have maintained a kill ratio of 254:1 with this procedure.

Cheers,
Norris

MEGILE
01-29-2005, 03:42 PM
If this thread reaches 3 pages, everyone who replied deserves to be castrated for your crimes.

73GIAP_Milan
01-29-2005, 04:10 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

LOL@ Chuck_Older, NorrisMcWirther and Heywooood http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif you guys really crack me up here, stop those replies or i'll die laughing http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Sir_Robin; you're such a n00b, stop "fishun' " and start learning to fly.. Take McWhirter's advice and have fun...

Megile: I happily donate my glockenspiel http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

3.JG51_BigBear
01-29-2005, 05:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Megile:
If this thread reaches 3 pages, everyone who replied deserves to be castrated for your crimes. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Challenge accepted http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

p1ngu666
01-29-2005, 06:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by NorrisMcWhirter:
Hi,

The key to the I16 gear is that they are gravity controlled. Simply turn on your back and the gear will fall back into the wing bays. I fly inverted all the time with the I-16 and have maintained a kill ratio of 254:1 with this procedure.

Cheers,
Norris <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

x__CRASH__x
01-29-2005, 06:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HW3:
Ah Sir Robin, me thinks per chance you be fishing with good bait again. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Not quite. This hardly qualifies as good bait. It's weak, at best. Only the small ones will nibble. Sir Robin is a n00b.

heywooood
01-29-2005, 10:44 PM
...crash, you really are a 'self-proclaimed' master at this ...errm..baiting...thing..


whoa....deja vu. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/mockface.gif


but I agree - someone needs to revoke SirRobins fishing license....no more 'fishin' permishin' for that guy.

MEGILE
01-30-2005, 02:59 AM
It is getting dangerously close to 2 pages... I'll get the scalpel.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I happily donate my glockenspiel <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>.no more 'fishin' permishin' for that guy. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed. Where is Ivan with the Ban hammer when you need him.

Sir.Robin-1337
01-30-2005, 03:03 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Slechtvalk:
i-16 got manual gear. Set keys to manual gear in il-2.

Like shift g and shift v <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thankyou for your troubles, young sir.
My DVD on fighter tactics is in the mail. Don't thank me, you deserve it.

Tooz_69GIAP
01-30-2005, 03:25 AM
you can raise the gear on an I-16?? Wow, who'da thunk it?!?! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

jensenpark
01-30-2005, 07:34 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sir.Robin-1337:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Slechtvalk:
i-16 got manual gear. Set keys to manual gear in il-2.

Like shift g and shift v <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thankyou for your troubles, young sir.
My DVD on fighter tactics is in the mail. Don't thank me, you deserve it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ok, your thread-starting post was lame, but you've redeemed yourself with this comment.
A DVD?! LOL...good one. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Vortex_uk
01-30-2005, 08:14 AM
You'd think that him 'claiming' to be the ace of aces would of been able to figure that the russians acctually designed that handle for 2...yes 2 reasons.

1. Raise and lower gears.

2. Rolls down the screen so wind can cool down one's 'hot head' (And i think we may all know who i'm talking about in this case http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif )

Sir.Robin-1337
01-30-2005, 10:36 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by x__CRASH__x:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HW3:
Ah Sir Robin, me thinks per chance you be fishing with good bait again. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Not quite. This hardly qualifies as good bait. It's weak, at best. Only the small ones will nibble. Sir Robin is a n00b. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I do not appreciate your intrusion into my thread, young Crash.
Restrict yourself to the duck pond that is the pacific fighters forum, for bread alone is sufficient bait to catch the younger, gear down, P-51 rookies that wallow there.
Over here, in general discussion, we attempt to have serious conversations, minus the heckling.

crazyivan1970
01-30-2005, 01:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Megile:
It is getting dangerously close to 2 pages... I'll get the scalpel.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I happily donate my glockenspiel <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>.no more 'fishin' permishin' for that guy. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed. Where is Ivan with the Ban hammer when you need him. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am back http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
Ban hammer? Should i ban Robin and ALL his accounts or JUST Robin http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Airmail109
01-30-2005, 01:57 PM
I have already posted a thread on ban sir.robin....while crazivan was away. Youd only be banning yourself crazivan. Yes....some of us know who Sir.Robin REALLY IS! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

Visit this crazyivan....just please dont ban me for it....it got locked by bearcat http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif..........
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=23110283&m=6591083862

How was your holiday anyway? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

"Im not nucking futs"

MEGILE
01-31-2005, 06:42 AM
Depends who his alter egos are.
If you ban Robin, I bet about 5 other of the usual fishermen will disapear too http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

stef51
01-31-2005, 11:17 AM
If I may intrude for a moment, I read (if true) that the I-16 was the first plane with a retractable gear so lets have some respect please.... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

But then again, it appears that the pilot had to turn the retraction wheel 44 times... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

Stephen