PDA

View Full Version : Collectors Edition Help

mineshbkj
11-27-2010, 03:38 AM
Hi there guys, i went into my local GAME store on November 19th to pick up my copy of AC Brotherhood. I decided to go for the collectors edition so i could get an online character and single player map. I had a lesson in college so i dropped the game off at home so my brother (who had the day off) could play.

When i get home, i find out that he has used my one time only collectors edition code and i cant use it!

Is there anyway that someone at Ubisoft or PSN can remove the additional content from his account and put it onto mine instead as i am the one who bought it. I am not looking for another code, just a way to get the exclusive content onto my account instead of his.

My PSN is mineshbkj

Message me there or just reply to this please, thank you for your time and i hope i can get a solution soon.

mikeh1294
11-27-2010, 03:51 AM
If you use the same PS3, DLC/additional content usually works for all accounts on the system.

DecanDK
11-27-2010, 04:17 AM
Was it pre-owned?
If so, never buy pre-owned if you want the extra contents or play online.

raeftaol
11-27-2010, 11:34 PM
In response to "mikini" : unfortunatly the DLC / additional content does not work for all accounts on the same system.

Personally I think this is a low blow from Ubisoft.

My parnter and I, pre-ordered, payed $150 for Assassins Brotherhood Special edition from EB games only to find out that because I entered the unlockable code first she cannot access the 2 solo missions, 2 multiplayer characters or the Drachen Armor. WTF!

What is the rationale behind this thinking?

Do Ubisoft intend we buy two copies at $150 each just to get a second code?

If anyone at Ubisoft has an answer to this I would love to hear it.

mineshbkj
12-05-2010, 04:16 AM
Hi guys, sorry the the epicly late reply. My laptop seemed to have broken and i am at a friends house now, buying a new laptop or computer next week.

@Mikini Unfortunately it is not a DLC, just an activation code that unlocks things in-game.

@DecanDK It was not pre-owned, i got it on release date in the UK and was brand new in the plastic cover thing.

@Raeftaol I feel your pain my friend, even though mine was only 50 :s. Stupidest thing Ubisoft has ever done. All they need to do to fix it is make it a one-time only use code that actually downloads the content onto the system. That way it can only be on the 1 system it was downloaded on. Since it would be outside of the Playstation store there cannot be any form of 'game sharing'.