PDA

View Full Version : anyone else have sonar sound with 4.09???

GH_Klingstroem
01-31-2009, 10:46 AM
With sonar sound I mean the the annoying fact that I can hear all the planes around me really really loud above the sound of my engine!!
Its extremely annoying and while some might use it to their advantage I want to play it as realistic as possible!
With 4.08 I never had this problem really. But as soon as I upgraded to 4.09 I can hear planes 1-2 grids out. It kind of takes the fun out of the game knowing that somewhere within 10km or so I have 109 or 1 fw190 buzzing around only because I can HEAR him over my own engine sound.
So can anyone guide me towards a fix for this if there is anyone that has the same problem and has been able to figure out how to get rid of it. Maybe something in the conf.ini??
best regards

GH_Klingstroem
01-31-2009, 10:46 AM
With sonar sound I mean the the annoying fact that I can hear all the planes around me really really loud above the sound of my engine!!
Its extremely annoying and while some might use it to their advantage I want to play it as realistic as possible!
With 4.08 I never had this problem really. But as soon as I upgraded to 4.09 I can hear planes 1-2 grids out. It kind of takes the fun out of the game knowing that somewhere within 10km or so I have 109 or 1 fw190 buzzing around only because I can HEAR him over my own engine sound.
So can anyone guide me towards a fix for this if there is anyone that has the same problem and has been able to figure out how to get rid of it. Maybe something in the conf.ini??
best regards

general_kalle
01-31-2009, 12:15 PM
what? complaining because you have in Ears what
John "Cat's-Eyes" Cunningham had in eyes???

dashman
01-31-2009, 03:36 PM
There is a slew of sound options in the config, as you may know.

One is called "attenuate" which means to reduce. You might start there.

write down or print out all the settings then experiment.

Good luck!

dashman
01-31-2009, 04:17 PM
Also, GH, if you go into the '46 folder via windows explorer you will see a file called 'il2set'.

some of the sound and other options are tabbed there - I think they probably correspond to the contents of the config sound listings.

Might be an easier way to start.

GH_Klingstroem
01-31-2009, 08:31 PM
thx for replies! will experiment and report!
Thx!!

K_Freddie
02-01-2009, 01:41 AM
I think this a bug, as I've had it happen a few times where I can hear gunfire and engines from a/c that are out of visual range (which is of no help what-so-ever), and when reflying, this all dissapears.

With regard to hearing planes creep up behind you.
In RL you can feel the engine vibrations of a car without a baffler, while your music is on high volume... So yes one can 'hear' someone creeping up behind you.
If you're creeping up behind somebody, throttle back as you get close.. You'd be harder to detect.
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

GH_Klingstroem
02-01-2009, 02:59 AM
yes however hearing a plane that is two grids outs out, what is that 20km away, is just a bit over the the top dont you think http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Outlaw---
02-01-2009, 11:58 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by K_Freddie:
With regard to hearing planes creep up behind you.
In RL you can feel the engine vibrations of a car without a baffler, while your music is on high volume... So yes one can 'hear' someone creeping up behind you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, you can't. I've flown in multiple warbirds and you can't hear ANYTHING outside. I was in the tail gun position of the Texas Raider when the Gunfighters (checkerboard nose) P-51 flew within 50 feet, probably closer, of the starboard wing and I heard NOTHING. The tail gun is as far away as you can get from the engines and you still can't hear anything. Add on a flying cap and you can forget about it.

I might have been able to hear fifties or larger if fired from that close but I bet it would be hard to pick out if you weren't specifically listening for it and even harder if they were being fired AT you.

A B-25 is way worse than a B-17! The engines might as well be in your lap. You can't scream loud enough to be heard, and I mean SCREAM. If you don't have an intercom you'd better be able to read lips or have something to write with.

--Outlaw.