PDA

View Full Version : Take to the skies for fierce dogfighting action

Chef-Scott
02-14-2007, 04:23 PM
I just got e-mail from UBI letting me know that I can Pre-Order "IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 The Signature Collection" that will be available on March 13th.
Hmmm...Also states the following "Full versions of the following titles included: IL-2 Sturmovik, IL-2 Sturmovik: Forgotten Battles, Ace Expansion Pack, Pacific Fighters. 5 Games in 1!"

No mention of PE-2:Peshka or Sturmoviks Over Manchuria. Needless to say I did not realize that the original IL-2 was hidden away somewhere on the DVD either!

Chris0382
02-14-2007, 04:51 PM
I thought if you simply bought 1946 full DVD and downloaded the IL-2 left out missions you'de have what they are offering and maybe more. Looks like they are clearing the cellar.

knightflyte
02-14-2007, 04:58 PM
Do the HAVE to make this difficult? If they've forgotten to mention the expansion packs that are part of the IL-2 1946 DVD that's just bad marketing. If they didn't include the addons then why misslead and pi$$ off the fan base who are looking for the COMPLETE DVD? (For a few bucks?) I'm betting it's an accidental ommission myself.

I'll have to see if I got an email from them.

slappedsilly
02-14-2007, 05:05 PM
Accidental non-mention? I can't figure why Oleg needs Ubi. A marketing firm not getting it right seems beyond forgivable. Not to mention I read many places that states the dvd protection on 1946 makes it unplayble due to stuters. Sometimes it seems the world is doomed with stupidity.

knightflyte
02-15-2007, 07:26 PM
I looked at the e-mail from UBI. It's got a picture of the Lerche, and the IL10. It says it has exclusive 'MAKING OF' interview with Oleg....so I'd bet it's the 1946 DVD including EVERYTHING from FB on to the very last add on.

The box cover art is the same as what I have, too.